Windows 10: Windows 10 media creation tool - missing warning, disk got erased without question !!

Discus and support Windows 10 media creation tool - missing warning, disk got erased without question !! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why is there no prompt message to inform the end-user not that the destination disk will get completely formatted / wiped? There was no warning what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HansworstNT, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Windows 10 media creation tool - missing warning, disk got erased without question !!

Why is there no prompt message to inform the end-user not that the destination disk will get completely formatted / wiped?

There was no warning what so ever, and if there was, it was a dark blue window with blue text..... Nice

So lost some of my stuff on my external hard drive..

Windows 10 was about being a user-friendly system, right? Well why isn't there a SIMPLE DialogResult YesNo ? I am asking too much right? Alright let the blue text be blue and the background of the window be dark blue, and lets not properly inform the user that the complete drive will get formatted for a tiny 3GB..

Why does EVERY commercial(free) usb/iso media writer tool on the internets have a YesNo Dialog and Microsoft media tool not?

Oh I see, they now sell hard drive recovery software or am I mistaken?

Thank you Microsoft. In Windows 10 we trust!

:)

HansworstNT, Oct 22, 2018

2. Question about the Media Creation Tool.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community Forums.

You can also use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to download the Windows 10 ISO file and create the Windows 10 Installation Media to upgrade from your present Operating System.

“Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool”

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

The media creation tool can be used to upgrade your current PC to Windows 10 or to create a USB or DVD and install Windows 10 on a different PC.

Warning

• If you want to upgrade to Windows 10 for free, you need to use the
      Upgrade this PC now option. If you haven't upgraded to Windows 10 yet and perform a clean installation, you'll need to enter a product key or buy a license in order to activate
      Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Query about using the Media creation tool to upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

Yes, Media creation tool is safe to upgrade to Windows 10 with Windows 8.1 pro installed.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10

Warning

• If you format a drive partition during installation, any data on the partition will be erased. Be sure to back up any data you want to keep before you begin.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Windows 10 media creation tool - missing warning, disk got erased without question !!

Media Creation Tool question

Hi, I have never had any problems using the Media Creation Tool to perform a Windows 10 clean installation until yesterday so I have a couple of questions.
    1. The tutorial here says after going to the Microsoft site and selecting the Download Tool (Media Creation Tool) option that the Media Creation Tool should be save to the PC and run from there.
    On Microsoft site the instructions are to Download the Tool and select Run (no saving to the PC). Is there a reason for saving it to the PC first as suggested on Tenforums?

2. Yesterday I used the Media Creation Tool to do a clean install. Everything went fine with the download. After the two hour download the Media Creation Tool automatically started to create the media. Everything working normally so far..then suddenly at 50% a screen popped up with an unexpected error message Error code beginning 0x80004005. That was it I had to stop there.
    After searching the net it seems that other people have had the same issue after the Fall Creators Update...with the installation stopping at 50%. I have no idea how to sort this out. After contacting Microsoft Chat Support they didn't offer any suggestions that worked either.
    Can anyone advise please
    Many Thanks

sportsfan148, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 media creation tool - missing warning, disk got erased without question !!

1. Windows 10 media creation tool - missing warning, disk got erased without question !! - Similar Threads - media creation tool

2. Erase everything option Windows 10 media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Erase everything option Windows 10 media creation tool: Hi all,I tried updating to 21h1 from 20H2 using media creation tool and the only option I have is remove everything. will this option remove the drives too?Sorry for the image not being clear, I'm in a hurry.Thanks...
  3. Windows Media Creation Tool Question

Windows Media Creation Tool Question: Hi guys, my pc has been acting up recently so i wanted to reset it, however, I found that I wouldn't have the time to reinstall all my apps and games so I then switched over to the media creation tool. Theres one problem though, my pc was pre built and when we bought it, we...
  4. Windows Media creation tool question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Media creation tool question: Hello all, I'm just wondering if an "ss usb" is the same as a "flash drive usb". I want to create a windows media creation tool to reinstall windows, but I don't want to mess this up. submitted by /u/_Novagrog_ [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows Media Creation tool Question

Windows Media Creation tool Question: My PC keeps freezing on me and because of my idiocy I did not create a restore drive or create a new install media when I upgraded Win 7 to Win 10. I am needing to reset my Win 10 system and I need to run the media creation tool to help resolve this issue. My question is do I...
  6. Media Creation Tool Question

Media Creation Tool Question: If I use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB flash drive and then use the flash drive to do a clean install of Windows 10, will WinRE be used for any part of the process? I’m asking because I have an old laptop running Windows 10 that doesn’t like the latest...
  7. Windows 10 media creation tool questions ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 media creation tool questions ?: Hello & Thanks , I couldn't find a Windows 10 Forum , so here goes: Windows 10 went crazy on me . It kept flashing running programs looping them over an over . And wouldn't let me type anything in. So I managed to get it to reinstalling windows 10. I took the shorter...
  8. Media Creation Tool question

Media Creation Tool question: Hi, I have never had any problems using the Media Creation Tool to perform a Windows 10 clean installation until yesterday so I have a couple of questions. 1. The tutorial here says after going to the Microsoft site and selecting the Download Tool (Media Creation Tool)...
  9. Media Creation Tool question

Media Creation Tool question: I plan on doing a clean install. My question is do I still need to upgrade to windows 10 first or can I just enter the windows 7 key during the clean install of windows 10? Thank you for this information 9372
  10. Media Creation Tool Question

Media Creation Tool Question: I have a USB installation thumb drive that I created using the Media Creation Tool back in August 2015 to clean install on a new laptop. I may have the time I need to upgrade my desktop and I am preparing everything I need for a clean install. Will I need to create a...