Windows 10: Windows 10 media creation tool not finishing

Discus and support Windows 10 media creation tool not finishing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a PC that I wiped all the drives clean and bought an ssd. This is by far, not my first time doing this, but when using the media creation flash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JordanDixon, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 media creation tool not finishing

I have a PC that I wiped all the drives clean and bought an ssd. This is by far, not my first time doing this, but when using the media creation flash drive I have, I run the install and everything seems to be going good. Then once it finishes the checklist of install components (after choosing windows version and install drive) it reboots the PC and starts from scratch. Once I get to the drive selection it shows that there is an old windows install there from the last try. I dont know what to do...

:)

JordanDixon, Mar 20, 2019
  2. Catto Win User

How to make Windows 10 Media Creation tool finish & not disappear

When running the Windows Media Creation tool it seems to disappear and not finish. How do I get the tool to finish and complete the upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 on my computer?

The steps I take are to:
    Run the tool
    Choose upgrade my pc
    then the Downloading Windows 10 completes ( takes a bit of time )
    Then it completes the Verifying Download ( relatively quick )
    Then when it goes to Creating Windows 10 media it will get halfway and
    Then the window disappears
    I've had this happen over 5 times now. I've tried clean booting also.

How do I get the tool to complete and upgrade my pc to win 10?

Thank in advance for any info.

Catto, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Vijay B Win User
    Media Creation Tool Won't Download ISO

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What is the exact and complete error you get when you try to create Media creation tool?

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link to create Media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Windows 10 media creation tool not finishing

Media Creation Tool finished downloding but no any iso found.

Hi,

Sometimes this issue occurs when the account that you're logged into is not an admin account. If you are not signed in as administrator, we suggest that you sign into an administrator account before you download the Media Creation Tool (MCT).

If you are signed in as administrator and the issue still persists, we suggest downloading the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool and save it to the desktop before saving it elsewhere.

Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool here.

Regards.

Patricia Yu, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 media creation tool not finishing

1. Windows 10 media creation tool not finishing - Similar Threads - media creation tool

2. WINDOWS 10 MEDIA CREATION TOOL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 MEDIA CREATION TOOL: Hi, I'm a user of Windows. I want to reinstall Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool to make the USB pen drive bootable. But, I don't want to remove the files saved in my PC. Instead of files, I want to remove apps and settings.My PC specifications:Manufacturer: DELLProcessor:...
  3. MEDIA CREATION TOOL WINDOWS 10

MEDIA CREATION TOOL WINDOWS 10: Hello dear Microsoft community, I have Windows 10 on my laptop and I want to download the iso file for Windows 10, so I downloaded the media creation tool to download the ISO file.. The problem is that my internet is slow and after 5 hours the download is at 60% and the media...
  4. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool: I'm helping my boyfriend build a PC and he needs Windows 10. So I downloaded the media creation tool. I ran the tool and went through the steps to 'create the media' on a USB drive that is plugged into my laptop. it goes all the way through the loading process this takes a...
  5. windows 10 media creation tool

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 media creation tool: were can i download windows 10 media creation tool https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-media-creation-tool/3c0c9877-366e-4705-b91d-bd15f854866d"
  6. windows 10 media creation tool

windows 10 media creation tool: I need to reinstall windows 10 home on my daughters laptop. The media creation tool only installs the pro version. How do I force it or get the windows 10 home?...
  7. Media Creation Tool: creating of USB is not finished after downloading (Windows 10)

Media Creation Tool: creating of USB is not finished after downloading (Windows 10): Hello! Could you please advice what to do if Media Creation Tool didn't finished its work? Steps performed: 1) MediaCreationTool1809.exe was downloaded; 2) creating of USB device was choosen; 3) installation files were downloaded (several Gigabytes) with the progress...
  8. Windows 10 - Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 - Media Creation Tool: Hi everyone, I'm trying to create a Windows 10 ISO file with media creation tool. I digged a little on the web about how can I accomplish that. I've read an answer at one of posts in this forum that it says: "The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will...
  9. Windows 10 media creation tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 media creation tool: Windows 10 media creation tool is still available after the Windows 10 free upgrading program closed? It is very useful to get the right copy of Windows 10 installer. Anyone who are working in Microsoft, please keep this function available all the time. Many thanks. 53503
  10. Message on screen after Media Creation Tool has finished?

Message on screen after Media Creation Tool has finished?: Hi, I created a Windows 10 bootable USB flash drive using the instructions on this site. After the download finshed, it verified and then created the Windows 10 installation media. The next screen was Your USB Flash Drive is Ready so I clicked on the Finish tab. A screen...