Windows 10: Windows 10 media creation tool - selecting disc issue

Discus and support Windows 10 media creation tool - selecting disc issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i've recently come into a lot of trouble on my PC and have had to use the media creation tool to help get windows back. When I reach the screen that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LiamKehoe, Oct 16, 2019.

1. LiamKehoe Win User

Windows 10 media creation tool - selecting disc issue

So i've recently come into a lot of trouble on my PC and have had to use the media creation tool to help get windows back. When I reach the screen that asks if I want to upgrade the current windows or install on a new driver, when I try to upgrade I get a message that says I need to remove the current windows and restart my PC. I ignore that and went to the next option, it prompts me to choose a disc to add windows to. My two main discs won't allow me to install windows on them as I get the error "the selected disc of the GPT partition style." I don't care about the information on the disc so I decided to format it (don't know if that was the right call) anyways I still get the same message for both discs and cannot figure out how to solve it.

Would appreciate any help, thanks!

:)

LiamKehoe, Oct 16, 2019

2. Media Creation Tool question

Hi, I have never had any problems using the Media Creation Tool to perform a Windows 10 clean installation until yesterday so I have a couple of questions.
    1. The tutorial here says after going to the Microsoft site and selecting the Download Tool (Media Creation Tool) option that the Media Creation Tool should be save to the PC and run from there.
    On Microsoft site the instructions are to Download the Tool and select Run (no saving to the PC). Is there a reason for saving it to the PC first as suggested on Tenforums?

2. Yesterday I used the Media Creation Tool to do a clean install. Everything went fine with the download. After the two hour download the Media Creation Tool automatically started to create the media. Everything working normally so far..then suddenly at 50% a screen popped up with an unexpected error message Error code beginning 0x80004005. That was it I had to stop there.
    After searching the net it seems that other people have had the same issue after the Fall Creators Update...with the installation stopping at 50%. I have no idea how to sort this out. After contacting Microsoft Chat Support they didn't offer any suggestions that worked either.
    Can anyone advise please
    Many Thanks

sportsfan148, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Vijay B Win User
    Media Creation Tool Won't Download ISO

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What is the exact and complete error you get when you try to create Media creation tool?

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link to create Media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Windows 10 herunterladen

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Oct 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 media creation tool - selecting disc issue

issues with MEDIA CREATION TOOL

If you have a spare DVD disc, then consider this method instead to create a Windows 10 installation media with your Windows 10 ISO file.

Media Creation Tool is broken.

Use this method instead,

Media Creation Tool Fix

[Tech Support Supa Foodin], Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 media creation tool - selecting disc issue

1. Windows 10 media creation tool - selecting disc issue - Similar Threads - media creation tool

2. Media Creation Tool is not prompting to select media type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool is not prompting to select media type: I am trying to download Windows 10 to a USB Flash drive that has 16GB to install into another computer. When I run the Media Creation Tool, I get to the screen that allows me to select the Language, Architecture and Edition, I uncheck the box for Use the Recommended options...
  3. Media Creation Tool is not prompting to select media type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool is not prompting to select media type: I am trying to download Windows 10 to a USB Flash drive that has 16GB to install into another computer. When I run the Media Creation Tool, I get to the screen that allows me to select the Language, Architecture and Edition, I uncheck the box for Use the Recommended options...
  4. Media Creation Tool is not prompting to select media type

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 media creation tool issues

Windows 10 media creation tool issues: I have a laptop with a 128gb SSD and a 1 terabyte standard hard drive. I'm trying to install Windows 10 home 64-bit using the Windows 10 media creation tool. I formatted my system Drive SSD and have made it active and selected it as the install location. Once I begin the...
  6. Issues with windows 10 update & media creation tool

Issues with windows 10 update & media creation tool: I'm trying to update my windows 10 for a game, When I get into the windows update folder and click search for updates it shows me I need to update but not a button to click for an update. I tried using media creation tool but it crashed my pc every time I opened the folder....
  7. Media Creation Tool Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media Creation Tool Issues: I've been trying to use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool to download an os for my new PC but it seems to force close after I answer the question about language and version. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to fix it?...
  8. Issue with downloading Windows 10 media creation tool

Issue with downloading Windows 10 media creation tool: I have tried to download it and redownload it and there is an error. There is a problem running this tool. Error code: 0x80042405 - 0xA001B....
  9. Selection of Windows Edition on Media Creation Tool(1803)

Selection of Windows Edition on Media Creation Tool(1803): Hi, I would like to download current Windows 10 pro edition as ISO but MCT would not give me a choice. I read on a few site that ISO files which downloaded via this tool are now edition independent and only product key determine the edition. [ATTACH] So, I've...
  10. Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool: I want to install Win10 on a USB, simples BUT will the MCT let me do this NO! It's trying to reinstall it on my PC even though I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions here. Anyone know how I can download Win10 without having to go through the MCT so I can have a fresh...