Windows 10: Windows 10 Media Creation Tool stuck in a boot loop

Discus and support Windows 10 Media Creation Tool stuck in a boot loop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello there, A week or so ago I upgraded my computer parts, with one of the upgrades being a new SSD. The old SSD was a small 120gb because I thought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lsullivancorbell, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool stuck in a boot loop

Hello there,

A week or so ago I upgraded my computer parts, with one of the upgrades being a new SSD. The old SSD was a small 120gb because I thought it would have been enough, which I was wrong about.

After upgrading my PC, I went to install Windows on it and for a while, I could get into the creation tool just fine but it'd randomly just crash and then reboot. At one point, however, I was able to go to the screen where I could pick my hard drive.

I selected my new SSD and made a partition for Windows and... reboot. It's been nothing but crashes or reboots ever since. I literally cannot get past the Windows loading screen on the Media Creation Tool anymore.

I have reinstalled it time and time and time again on two different USB sticks, even trying different USB ports, yet for some reason it just continues to crash.

I even disabled Secure Boot, disabled CSM, updated the bios, spent 4-6 hours with Microsoft support, and I've been unable to resolve this issue. I'm utterly stuck. I can't even use the SSD that used to use Windows for because the motherboard won't detect it anymore :/

Specs, if relevant:

Motherboard: ROG Strix B450-F Gaming

Ram: Corsair Vengeance Pro - 16 gb (2 stick) 3200MHz

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: GTX 1080

SSD: Sabrent Rocket Q M.2

submitted by /u/lsullivancorbell
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lsullivancorbell, Mar 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Mar 26, 2020
  3. DS_151 Win User
    Computer stuck in 'attempting to restore previous version of windows boot-loop (windows 10), creation media tool not worked either!!!!

Here is a solution for those experiencing the restoring previous version boot loop.

It seems when this is happening that logging into windows to use any of it's recovery tools is impossible. Especially since all answers I have seen this far seems to list them as one of the steps.

This will work if you boot into the recovery environment with the Windows 10 installation media and select Use Another Operating System. Once you select Windows 10 and once your machine reboots, remove the installation media and it should boot to Windows

If that is the case when you reboot after finally getting back into Windows 10, you will run into the same restoring previous version boot loop.

Here is the fix.

#1 Use the windows 10 media creation tool and make yourself a USB or DVD of the Windows 10 installation media.

#2 Boot the Windows 10 installation media and select

#3 On the Install Windows screen, select Next > Repair your computer

#4 On the System Recovery Options screen, select Next > Command Prompt

#5 In the Command Prompt type bcdedit

#6 Look for the identifier of the Windows 10 disk with all your precious documents and files your trying to access

#7 Type in the Command Prompt, bcdedit /default (theidentifer)

#8 Reboot

DS_151, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool stuck in a boot loop

Problems upgrading to Windows 10 with the Media Creation Tool.

Hi Abel,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Which operating system are you currently running on your computer?

• Is you’re your anti-virus utility software disabled?

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Meanwhile I suggest you to try the steps provided below and
    check if it helps.

Method 1

Perform a clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows
    10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Clean Boot:

Notes

• You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot.

• Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or
      experience the original behavior if the problem still exists.

• If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps. We strongly recommend that you do not use the System Configuration utility to change the advanced
      boot options on the computer unless a Microsoft support engineer directs you to do this. Doing this may make the computer unusable.
    I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below, in order to perform a clean boot on your computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

I also suggest you to refer to the link below for more information about downloading Media Creation Tool.

Windows 10 herunterladen

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool stuck in a boot loop

1. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool stuck in a boot loop - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. MEDIA CREATION TOOL WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MEDIA CREATION TOOL WINDOWS 10: Hello dear Microsoft community, I have Windows 10 on my laptop and I want to download the iso file for Windows 10, so I downloaded the media creation tool to download the ISO file.. The problem is that my internet is slow and after 5 hours the download is at 60% and the media...
  3. windows 10 20h2 media creation tool stuck on 31%

windows 10 20h2 media creation tool stuck on 31%: As my laptop was continuously showing windows 10 - 20H2 update but was getting stuck at 61% then I talked with Microsoft live chat assistant he shared a link about MCT media creation tool and said to follow all steps nowy laptop is stuck at 31% and nowhere to go....
  4. Media Creation Tool is stuck at 0%

Media Creation Tool is stuck at 0%: Hello Community, As said in the title my Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 is stuck at 0% when I launch it... What can I do to fix it ? Regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool-is-stuck-at-0/9a4f0cc8-fd57-45ed-82df-51b37965fe4d
  5. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool: I'm helping my boyfriend build a PC and he needs Windows 10. So I downloaded the media creation tool. I ran the tool and went through the steps to 'create the media' on a USB drive that is plugged into my laptop. it goes all the way through the loading process this takes a...
  6. Media creation tool stuck at checking for updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool stuck at checking for updates: I have a friend who has a Windows seven laptop and he is now downloading windows 10. The thing is it has been stuck on "Checking For Updates" for a while. (a few hours) Is this normal? submitted by /u/spencer654322 [link] [comments]...
  7. windows 10 media creation tool

windows 10 media creation tool: I need to reinstall windows 10 home on my daughters laptop. The media creation tool only installs the pro version. How do I force it or get the windows 10 home?...
  8. Windows 10 - Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 - Media Creation Tool: Hi everyone, I'm trying to create a Windows 10 ISO file with media creation tool. I digged a little on the web about how can I accomplish that. I've read an answer at one of posts in this forum that it says: "The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will...
  9. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Stuck At "Checking For Updates"

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Stuck At "Checking For Updates": So basically I just got a new laptop (Dell Lattitude e6520) and it's currently running Windows 7 Professional, but I really want to run Windows 10 on it. So I found online, that it's possible to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 free using the media creation tool. Can anyone...
  10. Windows 10 media creation tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 media creation tool: Windows 10 media creation tool is still available after the Windows 10 free upgrading program closed? It is very useful to get the right copy of Windows 10 installer. Anyone who are working in Microsoft, please keep this function available all the time. Many thanks. 53503