Windows 10: Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Won't Let Me Install to Another Device Via USB

Discus and support Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Won't Let Me Install to Another Device Via USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I recently ran into unrecoverable boot errors due to a corrupt OS on my laptop. I've been trying to reinstall Windows via the Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SamAnderson1997, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Won't Let Me Install to Another Device Via USB

Hi there,

I recently ran into unrecoverable boot errors due to a corrupt OS on my laptop. I've been trying to reinstall Windows via the Media Creation Tool and it's been nothing but a headache.

I spent about 5 hours downloading the tool on my friend's laptop and now, when I run set up, it doesn't give me the option to create media for another device and just tries to install on his laptop.

Once it's ready to go on the USB, I'm going to go into the BIOS menu on my laptop and boot via an external USB but until that time I can't find a way to get it onto the USB- it seems determined to take over my friend's computer.

Any advice and help would be appreciated. Nobody from the support team has helped at all so far and I'm tired of this wild goose chase, surely it can't be that much to ask to try and reinstall a corrupted version of Windows?

Thanks,

Sam

:)

SamAnderson1997, Feb 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Device won`t Turn On Properly

Hi Zain,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Why are you not able to install Windows 10?
    • Are you getting any error message or code?

I suggest you to unplug all external devices connected to the pc and restart the system to check if you are able to get to the desktop screen.

You may refer to the steps provided by “Vanessa Sohtun” to perform an
    Automatic repair of Windows 10 on your computer and check if that helps.

Windows 10 Automatic Repair

You can use the media creation tool to upgrade your current PC to Windows 10 or to create a USB or DVD and install Windows 10 on a different PC. As you are upgrading to Windows 10 on the same computer activation would not be an issue.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Feb 13, 2019
  4. FYFI13 Win User

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Won't Let Me Install to Another Device Via USB

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

If downloading a 3,5 GB file isn’t a problem then try Windows 10 Media Creation Tool, it’ll download Windows 10 image and setup installation files on USB stick.

FYFI13, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Won't Let Me Install to Another Device Via USB

1. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Won't Let Me Install to Another Device Via USB - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. Media Creation Tool USB won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool USB won't boot: USB created with MediaCreationTool22H2 for W10 won't boot on a New Ryzen 7950X ASUS X670E. I had to use rufus and create a bootable USB from a 22H2 ISO. Pretty sad MS when you can't get your own creation tool to work......
  3. Media Creation Tool USB won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool USB won't boot: USB created with MediaCreationTool22H2 for W10 won't boot on a New Ryzen 7950X ASUS X670E. I had to use rufus and create a bootable USB from a 22H2 ISO. Pretty sad MS when you can't get your own creation tool to work......
  4. Media Creation Tool USB won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB: I am trying to create an instillation drive so I can put windows 10 on an HDD, but every time I get the message "8GB of free disk space needed on C:" which is my SSD not my flash drive. The drive is 3.0 usb, 32 GB, so I don't know why it won't target the external drive. It...
  6. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB: I am trying to create an instillation drive so I can put windows 10 on an HDD, but every time I get the message "8GB of free disk space needed on C:" which is my SSD not my flash drive. The drive is 3.0 usb, 32 GB, so I don't know why it won't target the external drive. It...
  7. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

8. Media Creation tool won't install

Media Creation tool won't install: I have been experiencing an issue while trying to install the media creation tool for some time now. Each time I attempt at installing it, it gives me an error saying that they are unsure of what the issue is, and gives me a code 0x80200013 - 0x90019. There are a couple...
  9. 1803 Upgrade Won't Install via Media Creation Tool

1803 Upgrade Won't Install via Media Creation Tool: I've got a PC stuck on 1511 that just refuses to install upgrades to more current versions. I'm 100% certain the hardware is supported as I have several other part-for-part identical PCs all running 1803 without issue. After a long time fighting with Windows Update itself...
  10. Installing Windows 10 via Media Creation Tool

Installing Windows 10 via Media Creation Tool: I have a copy of 10 reserved, but what if I lose my patience and download an ISO from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 I don't have a 10 product key yet, so how would that work? 9582

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 creation tool wont let me select device

2. media creation wont install to usb