Windows 10: windows 10 media creation

Discus and support windows 10 media creation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; if i was to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 using the media creation tool, would all my programmes and files like office and photos and documents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bobby's, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Bobby's Win User

windows 10 media creation

if i was to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 using the media creation tool, would all my programmes and files like office and photos and documents come to windows 10

:)

Bobby's, Jul 21, 2019

2. creation of windows 10 media

Hi Jithesh,

You might face this issue if the downloaded setup file is corrupted.

• Did you try to download the setup again?
    • Did you try to upgrade through Windows Update?

First, I would suggest you to try updating through Windows Update and check if you are able to upgrade to Windows 10. If you are unable to upgrade through Windows Update, then I would suggest you to download the Windows 10 ISO again and save it locally
    on the desktop and then try to run the upgrade.

Media creation tool

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 21, 2019
  4. windows 10 media creation

Problems upgrading to Windows 10 with the Media Creation Tool.

Hi Abel,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Which operating system are you currently running on your computer?

• Is you’re your anti-virus utility software disabled?

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Meanwhile I suggest you to try the steps provided below and
    check if it helps.

Method 1

Perform a clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows
    10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Clean Boot:

Notes

• You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot.

• Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or
      experience the original behavior if the problem still exists.

• If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps. We strongly recommend that you do not use the System Configuration utility to change the advanced
      boot options on the computer unless a Microsoft support engineer directs you to do this. Doing this may make the computer unusable.
    I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below, in order to perform a clean boot on your computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

I also suggest you to refer to the link below for more information about downloading Media Creation Tool.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 media creation

1. windows 10 media creation - Similar Threads - media creation

2. Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool: About two weeks ago I accidently erased MBR and BCD and other things. I now have Windows 10 up and running but it is not stable. The suggested cure is to download media creation tool MCT, run it, answer all the questions and problem is solved. I have a persistent error after...
  3. Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool: About two weeks ago I accidently erased MBR and BCD and other things. I now have Windows 10 up and running but it is not stable. The suggested cure is to download media creation tool MCT, run it, answer all the questions and problem is solved. I have a persistent error after...
  4. Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....: Hi guysSo, I basically downloaded the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool from the Windows 11 download site. I ran it and selected an 8GB USB stick 2.0 as the device that should be made into a bootable USB flash drive. It fully downloaded Windows 11 and then started creating......
  6. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....

Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....: Hi guysSo, I basically downloaded the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool from the Windows 11 download site. I ran it and selected an 8GB USB stick 2.0 as the device that should be made into a bootable USB flash drive. It fully downloaded Windows 11 and then started creating......
  7. Does Media Creation Tool require USB to downgrade from 11?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Media Creation Tool require USB to downgrade from 11?: I saw one article that claims you can just download the Media Creation Tool to install directly on the computer that downloaded it by clicking "upgrade this pc" if you got a new laptop that came with 11 and want to downgrade it to 10, has anyone done that successfully or do...
  8. Can you use media creation tool to install windows 11 for workstations?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you use media creation tool to install windows 11 for workstations?: Can Microsoft Media Creation Tool be used to install Windows 11 for workstations? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-media-creation-tool-to-install-windows/f728836e-0f09-4f51-b31c-e7ae6abcc008
  9. Can you use media creation tool to install windows 11 for workstations?

Can you use media creation tool to install windows 11 for workstations?: Can Microsoft Media Creation Tool be used to install Windows 11 for workstations? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-media-creation-tool-to-install-windows/f728836e-0f09-4f51-b31c-e7ae6abcc008
  10. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool made the USB device write protected and this is irreversible.

Windows 11 Media Creation Tool made the USB device write protected and this is irreversible.: I was trying to create a bootable USB flash drive of Windows 11 using the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool. It completed everything but still ended with Error code 0x80070013 - 0xa001b.I was using Sandisk Ultra Dual 32 GB USB 3.0 OTG Pendrive, just for information.Then I...