Windows 10: Windows 10 Media Creator

Discus and support Windows 10 Media Creator in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On or about July 9th 2019 Windows did an update to my laptop, that is where my problems started! I created a "system restore point" before the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sharky69, Jul 14, 2019.

1. sharky69 Win User

Windows 10 Media Creator

On or about July 9th 2019 Windows did an update to my laptop, that is where my problems started!

I created a "system restore point" before the update had gone through the "restart" in anticipation of a problem, well not to disappoint Windows 10 came through again! The update installed and when time to restart my laptop refused to restart! Glad I thought I had done that "restore point" which by the way was also not working.

Hours went by trying numerous work arounds as nothing was working BSOD was all that would come up offering solution after solution that got me nowhere, failing all else I resorted to re-installing Windows 10 from a "Media Creation Tool" and tried a repair to my files, which also did not work!

Nothing left to do but a full reinstall of Windows 10 Version 1903 OS Build 18362.175 finally up and running July 14th 2019 but all my files are now stuck on the "C Drive: Windows.old folder" which I am copying to an external hard drive as I believe Windows automatically deletes it in 10 days?

Please help. what is the best way to get ALL MY STUFF (programs) back where they belong on my "C:\Windows" directory???

:)

sharky69, Jul 14, 2019

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jul 14, 2019
  3. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Jul 14, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Media Creator

Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Media Creator

1. Windows 10 Media Creator - Similar Threads - Media Creator

2. Recovery Media Creator has stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Media Creator has stopped working: I called Dell. They told me that Microsoft will be able to resolve the issue. The computer is mine. I paid for it. Therefore, I also paid for Windows 10. I don't understand why it seems impossible to log out of the work or school account that prevents me from speaking to an...
  3. Recovery Media Creator has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Media Creator has stopped working: I called Dell. They told me that Microsoft will be able to resolve the issue. The computer is mine. I paid for it. Therefore, I also paid for Windows 10. I don't understand why it seems impossible to log out of the work or school account that prevents me from speaking to an...
  4. Recovery Media Creator has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. why does media creator tool not install on windows 8

why does media creator tool not install on windows 8: media creator does not insatll on windows 8 Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-media-creator-tool-not-install-on-windows/c3de55b6-bb6c-470d-8dda-640bc0046d1f
  6. why does media creator tool not install on windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does media creator tool not install on windows 8: media creator does not insatll on windows 8 Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-media-creator-tool-not-install-on-windows/c3de55b6-bb6c-470d-8dda-640bc0046d1f
  7. why does media creator tool not install on windows 8

why does media creator tool not install on windows 8: media creator does not insatll on windows 8 Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-media-creator-tool-not-install-on-windows/fbc37c82-17a1-4633-a8a2-ab32f17836cd
  8. why does media creator tool not install on windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does media creator tool not install on windows 8: media creator does not insatll on windows 8 Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-media-creator-tool-not-install-on-windows/fbc37c82-17a1-4633-a8a2-ab32f17836cd
  9. Do I need to reactivate windows 10 after I do a fresh install on SSD from media creator...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I need to reactivate windows 10 after I do a fresh install on SSD from media creator...: So I messed up the registry and I am back up files to another hdd. I am wondering if i need to pay for windows after i wipe my ssd and do a fresh install of windows. I have windows 10 home on my laptop. I am also wondering if i can get the pro verison.People online said that...
  10. Do I need to reactivate windows 10 after I do a fresh install on SSD from media creator...

Do I need to reactivate windows 10 after I do a fresh install on SSD from media creator...: So I messed up the registry and I am back up files to another hdd. I am wondering if i need to pay for windows after i wipe my ssd and do a fresh install of windows. I have windows 10 home on my laptop. I am also wondering if i can get the pro verison.People online said that...