Windows 10: Windows 10 Media Player 'cast to device' will only play the first song on the play list

Discus and support Windows 10 Media Player 'cast to device' will only play the first song on the play list in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I 'cast to device' a multi song play list it will only play the first song on the list. The controls in the 'cast to device' window are shaded out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Corinna Klemm, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Media Player 'cast to device' will only play the first song on the play list

When I 'cast to device' a multi song play list it will only play the first song on the list. The controls in the 'cast to device' window are shaded out except the repeat and stop buttons.

:)

Corinna Klemm, Apr 27, 2020

2. Cast to device bug: List of music will not play continuously. stops playing and end of each song

Howdy,

none of my media apps are misbehaving . Let me reiterate; the problem is the "cast to device " component. I.E choose your music, right click, select cast to device and then a new application window appears with a list of songs, follow me so far?

so now back to what I've repeatedly stated; I start playing music from the CAST TO DEVICE WINDOW, NOT FROM A THIRD PARTY APP.

Song will play as normal on the remote device but then stops playing after song ends. It does not automatically play the next song!

I really can't make it clearer than that.

thanks

josealfonsi, Apr 27, 2020
  3. cannot play songs in Media Player

Cannot play music from Media Player song list.

JoyceThomas5, Apr 27, 2020
  4. WHH2 Win User

Windows 10 Media Player 'cast to device' will only play the first song on the play list

Media player stops after every song with casting to network device

I'm using media player to cast music from my PC to a network receiver. Sometimes it works correctly, automatically moving through all of the songs on the list but often it will stop after every song and I have to click on the next song to get it to play.
    I've used all of the three trouble shooters for MP, but it hasn't solved the problem.

Thema:

Windows 10 Media Player 'cast to device' will only play the first song on the play list

1. Windows 10 Media Player 'cast to device' will only play the first song on the play list - Similar Threads - Media Player 'cast

2. Does the Windows 11 Media Player "Cast to device" feature play the full quality of the song?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does the Windows 11 Media Player "Cast to device" feature play the full quality of the song?: I'd like to ask if Media Player plays the full quality of the song when I'm casting to a device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-11-media-player-cast-to-device/7279f8f6-3e3e-4266-b503-7dae3b2dc206
  3. Does the Windows 11 Media Player "Cast to device" feature play the full quality of the song?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does the Windows 11 Media Player "Cast to device" feature play the full quality of the song?: I'd like to ask if Media Player plays the full quality of the song when I'm casting to a device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-11-media-player-cast-to-device/7279f8f6-3e3e-4266-b503-7dae3b2dc206
  4. Media player won't play songs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player won't play songs: I can't get my playlist to play in media player legacy or the new media player. Do I need to transfer the files? One song played, now I get the message below;"An audio device was disconnected or reconfigured. Verify that the audio device is connected, and then try to play the...
  5. Media player won't play songs

Media player won't play songs: I can't get my playlist to play in media player legacy or the new media player. Do I need to transfer the files? One song played, now I get the message below;"An audio device was disconnected or reconfigured. Verify that the audio device is connected, and then try to play the...
  6. Windows 11 media player - Song repeats instead of playing whole list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 media player - Song repeats instead of playing whole list: In Windows 11 media player, when I create a playlist it just repeats the same song instead of playing the whole list. I have to manually advance it to the next song. How can I fix that?...
  7. Windows 11 media player - Song repeats instead of playing whole list

Windows 11 media player - Song repeats instead of playing whole list: In Windows 11 media player, when I create a playlist it just repeats the same song instead of playing the whole list. I have to manually advance it to the next song. How can I fix that?...
  8. Windows Media Player will only play one song at a time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player will only play one song at a time: Hello! I am trying to play songs from a thumb drive, but Windows Media Player will only play one song at a time. I tried all the older suggestions, but nothing works. I am using Windows 10 and WMP 12. Please help!...
  9. Media player streams only first song

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media player streams only first song: Media player streams only first song of a playlist to a Denon receiver. After that it stops. What can I do that the complete playlist is streamed? Before I updated from Windows 7 to 10 it worked! Windows 10 Media Player 12.0.18362.657...
  10. buy song/album to play on windows media player

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    buy song/album to play on windows media player: buy song/album to play on windows media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buy-songalbum-to-play-on-windows-media-player/853dc1f5-568d-4855-9168-22a6d34d57d4"