Windows 10: windows 10 media player duplicates files, hoe do i stop it

Discus and support windows 10 media player duplicates files, hoe do i stop it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; me stop the file duplication... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EdwardRowlen, Jan 27, 2020.

1. windows 10 media player duplicates files, hoe do i stop it

me stop the file duplication

:)

EdwardRowlen, Jan 27, 2020

2. HELP! Windows Media Player Problem

http://support.microsoft.com/KB/243621

that covers up to version 10... let me see if its diffrent for the newer versions

EDit:

here is how to clear the frequent list.
    http://www.blogsdna.com/4086/how-to...edia-player-12-frequent-list-in-windows-7.htm

and here is how to clear the history
    http://www.downloadatoz.com/essenti...ar-the-windows-media-player-12-history_g.html

and from the last link is the same error where you can just disable it too =)

THRiLL KiLL, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Joan Pin Win User

windows 10 media player duplicates files, hoe do i stop it

Windows Media Player location for duplicate removal

Hi Ron,

The Windows Media Player supports common media file types. To find its location in Windows 10, click
    here.

To delete duplicate files in the Windows Media Player, follow these steps:

• Gather the media files. Press the Alt key to show the hidden menu bar, then select
      File > Manage Libraries > Music.
    • You’ll see the default location on the screen. Add new folders containing all the media files. Once you’ve added them, click
      OK.
    • Click the Title column head. This will rearrange all the media items in ascending manner.
    • Right-click a duplicate media file, then choose Open file location. Delete the file from File Explorer.

Get back to us should you need further assistance.

Joan Pin, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 media player duplicates files, hoe do i stop it

1. windows 10 media player duplicates files, hoe do i stop it - Similar Threads - media player duplicates

2. Impossible to delete duplicate files in Windows Media Player automatic playlist with Python

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to delete duplicate files in Windows Media Player automatic playlist with Python: Hello,Microsoft is causing me incredible frustration with their Windows Media Player program.Although it's simplistic and not advanced, I like to use it for its clean interface and ability to not miss files when they are moved.But it seems that its strength is also its...
  3. Impossible to delete duplicate files in Windows Media Player automatic playlist with Python

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impossible to delete duplicate files in Windows Media Player automatic playlist with Python: Hello,Microsoft is causing me incredible frustration with their Windows Media Player program.Although it's simplistic and not advanced, I like to use it for its clean interface and ability to not miss files when they are moved.But it seems that its strength is also its...
  4. how do i delete duplicate songs on the windows 11 media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i delete duplicate songs on the windows 11 media player: the windows media player app has duplicated all my songs in the app and icant delete any songs in the app, also can't delete from my files because there are no duplicates there only in the app. What do I do?...
  5. how do i delete duplicate songs on the windows 11 media player

how do i delete duplicate songs on the windows 11 media player: the windows media player app has duplicated all my songs in the app and icant delete any songs in the app, also can't delete from my files because there are no duplicates there only in the app. What do I do?...
  6. Windows Media player 12 showing duplicate files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media player 12 showing duplicate files: I just set up Media player to stream to my home system. Apparently, when I transferred my music files from my old computer to this one, I ended up with two copies of my music folder. Now, when I look through my songs, I see two copies of each one. I renamed one of the...
  7. Duplicate Files everywhere in Media Player

Duplicate Files everywhere in Media Player: How can I delete all the duplicate audio files in my Media Player? I have the library where its pulling from one location and I still have a bunch of duplicates. Is there an app to download that'll remove the duplicate files??...
  8. Windows 10 Windows Media Player - find and remove duplicates

Windows 10 Windows Media Player - find and remove duplicates: I have found that I have many "duplicates" in my Windows Media Player Library. Googled and found a "solution" but that seems not to work for me. Followed the suggestions but they seem to be for some other program, or perhaps an "older" media player. I have Windows Media...
  9. Media player duplicates

Media player duplicates: Hey tech heads I need help I recently reformatted my hdd and used a recovery programme to dig up old deleted music files and restore them I've downloaded them to my one drive account but when I open media player I have duplicate some are triplicate so I used a de dupe...
  10. Windows Media Player stopped running

Windows Media Player stopped running: Hi folks, I have been using WMP since Windows 7 and although it has some faults I am used to it and it does what I need it to do. A week (maybe more?) ago it just stopped working ... completely *Sad When I open the program I get the Welcome to Windows Media Player...