Windows 10: Windows 10 Media Streaming feature

Discus and support Windows 10 Media Streaming feature in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can very well re-locate my windows 10 user default folders Documents, Downloads, Videos,.....etc. to another drive on the same laptop. This is a very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ayoobelmasry, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Media Streaming feature

I can very well re-locate my windows 10 user default folders Documents, Downloads, Videos,.....etc. to another drive on the same laptop. This is a very good feature in Windows, but it seems that it is not when it comes to consider media streaming to my Smart TV. If my Videos are located in the boot drive, it works very well and very reliable, and my Smart TV could see all my media files. But when I relocate my Videos to the non-booting drive, the TV sees the Media Server from my laptop but fails to see any media files. I had to use Serviio to see my videos on my TV.

Is there a solution for this problem?

:)

ayoobelmasry, Nov 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 Media Server/Streaming doesn't work.

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest to turn on the IIS feature from Program and features.

Follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel
    • Program and Features
    • Turn windows features On or Off
    • Find Internet information services and click on it. Let the services start.
    Now check if you are able to stream.

Get back to us with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - media streaming

• Resolved Media Streaming issue. Go to settings, type services into search box, left click on view local services, scroll down list to Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service and left click on it.

In the center of the popup box you will see Startup type:. Click on the drop down arrow. There will be four choices. I chose Automatic and media streaming is enabled on my computer once I set it.

WilliamCOwen, Nov 1, 2020
  4. donkey Win User

Windows 10 Media Streaming feature

Media streaming problems

Since I got the upgrade to Windows 10, Media player has been at best quirky at worse totally useless. Originally I could stream media to my televisions but any editing I did in media player was not reflected in the DLNA client on the TV, for example genres that had been deleted or changed still appeared in the list. I tried deleting the media player database with no change, I reinstalled media player and now I cant stream anything at all. The server shows up on my TV with the proper categories but the list is always empty. I have turned on streaming, shared the files and added them to the media player database. Since the primary reason for this PC is to stream media to TVs in my house I am very disappointed, is there anyone who might have another idea that I haven't tried ?

donkey, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Media Streaming feature

1. Windows 10 Media Streaming feature - Similar Threads - Media Streaming feature

2. media streaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    media streaming: Recently I lost the connection between my media server and my Roku Ultra. I've listened to and followed advice as well as read tech "how-To's" All that leads me to conclude that my version of windows [win 10 pro x64 v. 2004 build 19041.329] lacks a way to turn on media...
  3. Media Streaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Streaming: I just installed an internal WiFi adapter in my Windows 10 Pro machine. When I went to enable Media Streaming, I learned that my new local hotspot will allow anyone in range to my PC to see the security password on my WiFi card. I need to know how to hide the security...
  4. Media streaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media streaming: What is needed to stream mp4s from network PC to TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-streaming/51008635-ebc2-45b5-93c8-cf0e66ea51dc
  5. Windows Media Streaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Streaming: I am unable to turn on windows media streaming: "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or a service that it depends on failed to start" None of the "fixes" I've tried make any difference. Has anyone else had this problem/solution? Windows 10 Thanks...
  6. media streaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media streaming: what is media streaming? Is it safe to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/media-streaming/bb50cfc2-26b2-439c-affc-b177caa73d28
  7. media streaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media streaming: recently I was trying to import photos via a memory card as I always have only to receive the same message over & over. something went wrong-try again. so I attempted to find out why. at that time I discovered that Media Streaming was turned OFF and of course it prompted me...
  8. Media streaming

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Media streaming: How does media streaming work? Are you more or less protected when streaming is turned on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/media-streaming/3fc4b761-8545-483f-a592-26e90c029a12"
  9. Windows 10 Media Streaming

Windows 10 Media Streaming: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. I use Windows Media Player to stream media to my bluray player downstairs. This has always worked flawlessly on Windows 7, but since moving to 10 media streaming sems to turn itself off entirely between reboots, and...
  10. Windows 10 Media Streaming

Windows 10 Media Streaming: I cannot find the Control Panel option to turn on Media Streaming. I have gone into the advanced settings but the option is just not there...... [img] This is all the screen shows....no Streaming option I have the latest Win10 ver 1511, build 10586.14 which came out a...