Windows 10: windows 10 media streaming identifying network issue

Discus and support windows 10 media streaming identifying network issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have trouble getting windows 10 media streaming to turn on. Currently when I turn it on through the media player, it gets stuck on "identifying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndrewWalters1, Oct 3, 2018.

1. windows 10 media streaming identifying network issue

I have trouble getting windows 10 media streaming to turn on. Currently when I turn it on through the media player, it gets stuck on "identifying network" and never advances from there. I have a working internet connection. I have researched numerous topics on the internet (most being over a year old) dealing with services.msc making sure certain programs are running, etc.

I have been able to use this feature before and have streamed movies from my computer to my smart tv but for some reason its not working anymore.

:)

AndrewWalters1, Oct 3, 2018

2. Windows 10 - media streaming

• Resolved Media Streaming issue. Go to settings, type services into search box, left click on view local services, scroll down list to Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service and left click on it.

In the center of the popup box you will see Startup type:. Click on the drop down arrow. There will be four choices. I chose Automatic and media streaming is enabled on my computer once I set it.

WilliamCOwen, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Media Streaming not working

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue with media streaming on your Windows 10 computers connected in home network. I would suggest you to try the steps provided by
    Sachin Dhir repied on January 25, 2015 in the thread mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Windows 10 Streaming issue with PS3 Media Server

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Gino Des Win User

windows 10 media streaming identifying network issue

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 media streaming identifying network issue

1. windows 10 media streaming identifying network issue - Similar Threads - media streaming identifying

2. Undetected Network Streaming Media Device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undetected Network Streaming Media Device: I just upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home. Now my computer doesn't detect my streaming media device which was working fine under Windows 7. It's the HDHomeRun Duo TV Tuner. When I enter its URL in my browser, the browser displays its information so I know that...
  3. media streaming on network.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media streaming on network.: I have windows 10 pro version 10.0 build 17134 in an HP envy. I have tried to turn on file sharing and media streaming. when I try to turn on media streaming it fails and Windows services administrative tools option appears with Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or...
  4. media player streaming on network

media player streaming on network: playing content from media player on home network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-streaming-on-network/397644e7-cd42-411a-9106-28a7d8e51971
  5. media streaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media streaming: recently I was trying to import photos via a memory card as I always have only to receive the same message over & over. something went wrong-try again. so I attempted to find out why. at that time I discovered that Media Streaming was turned OFF and of course it prompted me...
  6. Media streaming

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Media streaming: How does media streaming work? Are you more or less protected when streaming is turned on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/media-streaming/3fc4b761-8545-483f-a592-26e90c029a12"
  7. Issue with Turn on Media streaming

Issue with Turn on Media streaming: I cannot turn on media streaming. When I push the button Turn on media streaming, it is not working. What can I do for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/issue-with-turn-on-media-streaming/55cb2425-df28-4c09-a79a-039d61d550b2
  8. Windows 10 Media Streaming

Windows 10 Media Streaming: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. I use Windows Media Player to stream media to my bluray player downstairs. This has always worked flawlessly on Windows 7, but since moving to 10 media streaming sems to turn itself off entirely between reboots, and...
  9. Windows 10 Media Streaming

Windows 10 Media Streaming: I cannot find the Control Panel option to turn on Media Streaming. I have gone into the advanced settings but the option is just not there...... [img] This is all the screen shows....no Streaming option I have the latest Win10 ver 1511, build 10586.14 which came out a...
  10. Creators Update issue-Media streaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators Update issue-Media streaming: My laptop just got the creators update. Everything seemed fine but I have a slight issue. I have .mp4 videos that I stream to my Xbox one. Since the update all the video thumbnails are broken. The videos still play but now I get the same generic media icon on every file...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. media streaming identifying network

2. windowqs media streaming identifying network