Windows 10: Windows 10 Memory Diagnostics

Discus and support Windows 10 Memory Diagnostics in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yes, MSFT, you can lock the question (Where is my Windows 10 Memory Diagnostics Report?) because so many people wanted to complain--but you should be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cabuj, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Cabuj Win User

Windows 10 Memory Diagnostics

Yes, MSFT, you can lock the question (Where is my Windows 10 Memory Diagnostics Report?) because so many people wanted to complain--but you should be listening. I am using Windows 10 Home. The "Memory Diagnostic" is "brain-dead" if you forgive my use of that person's term. What's wrong with it? Firstly, please note that virtually all other user initiated tests of one's computer show a result: chkdsk, sfc, etc--right there on your screen when the test is over. That is what users expect and what they usually get. I do understand that the memory test has to be performed when the computer boots up because testing destroys memory content.

• Aside: It doesn't have to, chkdsk works while hdd is being used, Memtest could be done live as well, but that would be more difficult programming. So I'll give you a PASS here.

Back to my main point: The results should be visible in a desktop window after the computer boots back up. In my case, I left Memtest running overnight expecting to find results in the morning. In fact, I believe I saw a notation while the long test was being performed that the result would be "visible" when done. But nothing--not even a notification item. The only way I could find it was by an internet search with my question, and finding out that the result was buried in Event Logs. The Event Logs are not user-friendly, I don't expect them to be (they are for another purpose), I just expect that the result of a diagnostic test I started to be visible, not hidden. There may be an easier way to find the result but I didn't see it and if there is an easier way it should be easier to find.

Secondly, the result should be something more than than "The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer's memory and detected no errors." (If you want more information, just DIG for it). It should show more but I'll stop here.

:)

Cabuj, Aug 25, 2019

2. [Win10]Memory leak?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate you for showing interest in Windows 10 and we are glad to assist you.

I suggest you to stop the game from the Task Manager and run the Windows Memory Diagnostic.

Follow the below steps to run Windows Memory Diagnostic:

• Type memory diagnostic in the search bar and click on the
      Windows Memory Diagnostic.

• Click on Restart now and check for the problems (Recommended).

If you need any further assistance with Windows then let us know. We would be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Windows 10 upgrade memory management error

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue. 

I suggest you to run Memory Diagnostic tool and check if it helps.

Memory Diagnostic tool is used to detect the possible memory problems.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Memory Diagnostic in the search area in the task bar and select
      Windows Memory Diagnostic.

• Select Restart now and check for problem.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to refer to the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you

JuzarAli1709, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Memory Diagnostics

HP stream wont update windows 10 , not enough memory

To further assist you, we suggest that you run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. Refer to the steps provided below:

• On the Start screen, type memory.
    • Click Settings and then click the result Diagnose your computer's memory problems.
    • Select the option to run the tool.

We also suggest you to temporarily disable the antivirus as it consumes more memory and then try to upgrade.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Memory Diagnostics

1. Windows 10 Memory Diagnostics - Similar Threads - Memory Diagnostics

2. No results for Memory Diagnostic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No results for Memory Diagnostic: I have run the Memory diagnostic. It ended apparently, i was not watching the entire time and then the PC rebooted. I found instructions at this link:Diagnose memory problems on your PC microsoft.comIt says results will appear in a memory diagnostic notification. I cannot...
  3. No results for Memory Diagnostic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No results for Memory Diagnostic: I have run the Memory diagnostic. It ended apparently, i was not watching the entire time and then the PC rebooted. I found instructions at this link:Diagnose memory problems on your PC microsoft.comIt says results will appear in a memory diagnostic notification. I cannot...
  4. Options screen in memory diagnostics not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Options screen in memory diagnostics not working: I have brought up Memory Diagnostics upon reboot of my computer. F1 was recognized and brought me to the Options screen. At that point the only thing that works is the ESC key to end it. For instance "Standard" is selected, and "Extended" is below it. But i cannot find a way...
  5. Options screen in memory diagnostics not working

Options screen in memory diagnostics not working: I have brought up Memory Diagnostics upon reboot of my computer. F1 was recognized and brought me to the Options screen. At that point the only thing that works is the ESC key to end it. For instance "Standard" is selected, and "Extended" is below it. But i cannot find a way...
  6. How can I escape windows memory diagnostics tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I escape windows memory diagnostics tool?: I had issues with my laptop so I decided to run a memory diagnostics tool just to check if everything is working properly. I saw that it's taking too much time so I let it work overnight. I checked it after I woke up and it wasn't completed. I waited and after it finished...
  7. How can I escape windows memory diagnostics tool?

How can I escape windows memory diagnostics tool?: I had issues with my laptop so I decided to run a memory diagnostics tool just to check if everything is working properly. I saw that it's taking too much time so I let it work overnight. I checked it after I woke up and it wasn't completed. I waited and after it finished...
  8. Memory Diagnostic Report

Memory Diagnostic Report: I am testing a Windows 10 laptop for memory problems. I ran the standard diagnostic process which restarts the machine. Unfortunately, the diagnostic report is not shown. Apparently this is by design. According to responses to this site, rather than present a message, it...
  9. Memory Diagnostic Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Diagnostic Report: I am testing a Windows 10 laptop for memory problems. I ran the standard diagnostic process which restarts the machine. Unfortunately, the diagnostic report is not shown. Apparently this is by design. According to responses to this site, rather than present a message, it...
  10. Memory Diagnostic Report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging