Windows 10: Windows 10 - memory filling with multiple copies of files

Discus and support Windows 10 - memory filling with multiple copies of files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Help. I am using Windows 10 on an ASUS Notebook I think one of my employees may have downloaded or allowed malware onto it. The C drive memory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CyndiTucker1, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - memory filling with multiple copies of files

Help.

I am using Windows 10 on an ASUS Notebook

I think one of my employees may have downloaded or allowed malware onto it.

The C drive memory is filling with multiple copies of copies of copies of files until the memory is full.

I was first told about it when the desktop filled with multiple icons of a remote desktop connection file. When I went to delete these copies from the desktop I found over 90,000. I deleted the copies but left the primary on the desktop. Within a day it did the same thing, so I removed all copies and the primary. It was fine until I reinstalled the remote desktop link. It immediately began again. I deleted copies and primary again, switched to a different user, reinstalled the link and things were fine.... until recently.

The laptop had not been in use for a while and when it was started, there were again multiple icons, this time of several files not just the remote desktop. I deleted those and emptied the trashcan as well. Memory was still low, so I checked the downloads and found the same thing - to the tune of 142,000 files.

I am deleting those now and will look elsewhere, but I need a fix for the underlying problem.

Thanks

:)

CyndiTucker1, Jul 8, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Wozzer Win User

Windows 10 - memory filling with multiple copies of files

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - memory filling with multiple copies of files

1. Windows 10 - memory filling with multiple copies of files - Similar Threads - memory filling multiple

2. Windows 11 multiple file copying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 multiple file copying: Dear sirs,It would be very useful to be able to copy files multiple times, which worked in previous versions. Currently, files can only be copied 1x and needlessly wait for the next one to be selected. Fix the ability to copy multiple times. Thanks so much. BR, Jaroslav...
  3. Windows 11 multiple file copying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 multiple file copying: Dear sirs,It would be very useful to be able to copy files multiple times, which worked in previous versions. Currently, files can only be copied 1x and needlessly wait for the next one to be selected. Fix the ability to copy multiple times. Thanks so much. BR, Jaroslav...
  4. copy past multiple files in windows 10 does NOT work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy past multiple files in windows 10 does NOT work: hi, just got a new computer, Windows 10 Pro, fully updated with all updates. I can copy 1-2 file folders at a time, I cannot copy a large number files. No error, windows just does nothing. I have been looking for a solution for 2 days now. I have tied the changes to windows...
  5. copy past multiple files in windows 10 does NOT work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copy past multiple files in windows 10 does NOT work: hi, just got a new computer, Windows 10 Pro, fully updated with all updates. I can copy 1-2 file folders at a time, I cannot copy a large number files. No error, windows just does nothing. I have been looking for a solution for 2 days now. I have tied the changes to windows...
  6. copy past multiple files in windows 10 does NOT work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Multiple Copies of Microsoft Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple Copies of Microsoft Files: Sorry if I missed a previous answer. I have multiple copies of Visual Basic C++ Redistributable files on my PC some with different years. I believe the updates are cumulative so that earlier versions may be removed. Is this true? Does it hold true between years? That is, if I...
  8. multiple copies of windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    multiple copies of windows 10: I have windows 10, and windows 10.old on (D:) and windows 10 on (C:). (D:) windows was installed 2018..... (C:) was installed 2019 and is version 1903. I don't know the version on (D:) How to remove the OS and old OS on (D:)?...
  9. "Out of memory" when copying files

in Windows 10 Support
    "Out of memory" when copying files: I'm trying to copy files from a smaller external hard drive into a larger one. I first tried just highlighting the biggest file, selecting copy, going to the new drive and selecting paste. The copying process started but after a few minutes I got the error message "out of...
  10. Multiple windows 10 copies.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple windows 10 copies.: So now Windows 10 is linked to my hardware and no license key is required. So I can install windows 10 as many times as I want on the one machine in a dual boot environment? 47611