Windows 10: Windows 10 Memory Leak. Trying to track down cause using Poolmon.

Discus and support Windows 10 Memory Leak. Trying to track down cause using Poolmon. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a real heavy Paged memory leak that just steals memory to the point where I end up getting a low memory warning in Windows 10 and I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by callanish, Jan 8, 2021.

1. callanish Win User

Windows 10 Memory Leak. Trying to track down cause using Poolmon.

Hi, I have a real heavy Paged memory leak that just steals memory to the point where I end up getting a low memory warning in Windows 10 and I need to reboot. I've installed Poolmon and to be honest, deciphering what's causing it is above my pay grade. I'm working with 16GB's of total memory. 70% of it has now been used and there's no way I'm using anything even remotely close to that with the windows 10 basic things I've been doing. Poolmon is pointing to the paged tag - None which according to the windows memory tag pool master list states that None refers to "call to exallocate pool' and after a google search when referring to this, all I'm finding is this website

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...atepoolwithtag![54915-pool-paged-memory-leak.jpg][1

....which frankly isn't really helping me as I'm trying to track down the driver responsible for this memory leak. Originally thought it might be pertaining to macrium reflect as a hunch, but I'll need to uninstall that and wait to see if that's the case. Can anyone guide me in a direction that could explain what 'call to exallocate pool' actually is and what would be causing it to swallow up so much page memory requiring a reboot once it fills completely up. Frankly, I'm head scratching on what to do in order to fix this issue. Thanks for any help. [1]: /answers/storage/attachments/54915-pool-paged-memory-leak.jpg

Windows 10.0.19042 Build 19042
    Windows 10 Memory Leak. Trying to track down cause using Poolmon. [​IMG]

Windows 10 Memory Leak. Trying to track down cause using Poolmon. [​IMG]

:)

callanish, Jan 8, 2021
  2. Eric_W_B Win User

HidBthLE.dll - memory leak

Any movement on this? I started getting huge memory leak problems, I think right after the big windows 10 update. The first one I tracked down was my network interface driver. An uninstall and reinstall seems to have fixed that. But theres still a smaller
    leak happening. Running poolmon shows this bluetooth driver is growing and growing in size using up all of my memory in a few days.

I use a bluetooth mouse, and as you watch poolmon the size of the memory stays the same if I dont move the mouse, and as I start moving it slowly, the memory used grows slowly, and as I move the mouse faster it grows quicker!

I uninstalled this driver and it reinstalled itself on the next boot, but that did nothing to resolve this problem.

Eric_W_B, Jan 8, 2021
  3. dendem Win User
    Memory leak detected with Poolmon with Tag Py28 and Nr22

I'm running windows 10 and I was able to resolve one of my memory leaks but I have detected another using Poolmon. These seem to have the tag Py28 and Nr22. I cannot seem to find either of these in the Pooltag.txt. How do I find the cause so I can resolve
    it?

Tag Type Allocs Frees Diff Bytes Per Alloc

Py28 Nonp 4615 ( 0) 0 ( 0) 4615 45648592 ( 0) 9891

Nr22 Nonp 8 ( 0) 0 ( 0) 8 34343168 ( 0) 4292896

Some additional background. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1.

dendem, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Memory Leak. Trying to track down cause using Poolmon.

Windows 10 memory leak after update [Wfpn / ntoskrnl.exe]

Notice: I have already read this answer and followed the steps in it, but I can't figure out what is causing the leak. What I'm looking for here is help in singling out the problem.

As you can see from the title of the question I've encountered a memory leak in Windows 10 after the latest update (Creator's Update I believe). The first thing I did was open the task manager, where I've noticed unpaged memory taking up about 13GB of RAM.

I went through the Poolmon/Pooltag/findstr process only to get garbage on the cmd

Windows 10 Memory Leak. Trying to track down cause using Poolmon. 94s3G.jpg

I then tried to use Xperf to find out what was happening, but I'm still unsure as to what I'm looking at. The root cause seems to be the kernel image, and I find that hard to believe. Here's the output of Xperf as seen in WPA:

Windows 10 Memory Leak. Trying to track down cause using Poolmon. JDNBK.jpg

I've had a similar problem in the past on Windows 10 that was caused by Killer Networking drivers, but this time around that doesn't seem to be the culpript.

If anyone is able to help me out it would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I state in the first paragraph that this question is different from the one being suggested by the mod (I even link that very question). I had already taken all the steps in the answer to that question and still couldn't track down which driver was causing the issue, hence I was asking for users to help me find which one was the problematic one.

Luca Giorgi, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Memory Leak. Trying to track down cause using Poolmon.

1. Windows 10 Memory Leak. Trying to track down cause using Poolmon. - Similar Threads - Memory Leak Trying

2. Trying to fix a memory leak that's causing bluescreens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to fix a memory leak that's causing bluescreens: Im not sure what to do and i apparently dont have permission to open or upload the minidump heres the log The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000005d247fd6b0, 0x000000000000000f, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff8016c613778. A dump was saved...
  3. Trying to fix a memory leak that's causing bluescreens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to fix a memory leak that's causing bluescreens: Im not sure what to do and i apparently dont have permission to open or upload the minidump heres the log The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000005d247fd6b0, 0x000000000000000f, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff8016c613778. A dump was saved...
  4. Memory Leak detected when using Poolmon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Leak detected when using Poolmon: Hello all.So, I just detected that my computer has a memory leak, which I can attest to by using Poolmon, as shown in the image below.Using this, I can verify that both 'Time' and 'Sema' are hogging more and more memory as time goes on.Now, knowing this information, and using...
  5. Memory Leak detected when using Poolmon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Leak detected when using Poolmon: Hello all.So, I just detected that my computer has a memory leak, which I can attest to by using Poolmon, as shown in the image below.Using this, I can verify that both 'Time' and 'Sema' are hogging more and more memory as time goes on.Now, knowing this information, and using...
  6. Windows 10 - Memory Leaks

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Memory Leaks: I'm trying to determine what is causing a memory leak on my Work PC - its an old machine running Win 10 Pro - i7-5930, 64GB ram, Gigabyte X99 motherboard. The issue has only started a few months ago, but can't for the life of me work out what the issue is. I thought it could...
  7. Is My Windows 10 Update causing a memory leak?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is My Windows 10 Update causing a memory leak?: So, a long while ago, maybe in feburary, I got a windows update that, for some strange reason, would cause a ton of my memory to be used. This had never ever happened before, only after the update did this occur. It got so bad that I ended up having to revert back to the...
  8. Tracking down Memory BSOD

Tracking down Memory BSOD: Hello, I could really use some help in tracking down some memory based BSOD's I've been getting. I tracked some issues down to an ASUS driver in an earlier post, and was able to clean it off the system. I've now been having some slightly different issues. I've still been...
  9. Windows 10 - memory leak

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - memory leak: I just recently started to notice that my ram usage went up without any apparent reason and my PC started to lag and even to freeze, something that didn't happened before. So i did some digging and found out this strange behavior using RAMMap something i couldn't see with a...
  10. WIndows 10 Memory leak

WIndows 10 Memory leak: Good day , In the last week, my pc start presenting memory issues and i have been investigating and trying to solve them. the first one appeared was High use of memory like 98% when having nothing running, just pc in stand by. the problem of that was NonPaged Memory was...