Windows 10: Windows 10 memory leak

Discus and support Windows 10 memory leak in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new laptop and when transferring my old files from my previous one I used a new backup program and accidentally cloned my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gabe815, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Gabe815 Win User

Windows 10 memory leak

I recently purchased a new laptop and when transferring my old files from my previous one I used a new backup program and accidentally cloned my old laptop onto the new one. This gave me a whole bunch of errors and my new key was lost so I torrented a copy of windows and did a fresh install. I was getting a bunch of leaking memory and after installing and uninstalling drivers and doing various windows optimization tricks I couldn't find the source and did another install. I noticed the laptop runs fine initially but after updating 2+ years of windows updates it was an old torrent, I get 40-45% ram utilization out of 8gb with a barebone stock windows and no programs running. Any ideas tips on how to fix the memory leak? Or should I just try to return to the manufacturer and get a new laptop?

:)

Gabe815, Dec 4, 2020
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Possible Memory Leaks in Windows 10

A memory leak occurs when an application closes and fails to release all its RAM back to the operating system.

The first step in dealing with a memory leak is to determine which application is leaking memory.

The next step is to contact that application's technical support with complete details of the memory leak, since the developers will want to fix the problem ASAP.

BulldogXX, Dec 4, 2020
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Memory leak issue

The term "memory leak" means that an application fails to return all its RAM to the operating system when it exits. The leftover RAM is unusable to the operating system.

Step one is to identify the application that is leaking memory. Step two is to contact the application's developers and provide as much detailed data on the memory leak as you can. For example: which processes are still in RAM after the application exits
    and how much RAM they occupy. Application developers never want their applications to leak memory and they will be grateful for the details you provide, particularly if they can replicate the leak on their own computers.

BulldogXX, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Windows 10 memory leak

[Win10]Memory leak?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate you for showing interest in Windows 10 and we are glad to assist you.

I suggest you to stop the game from the Task Manager and run the Windows Memory Diagnostic.

Follow the below steps to run Windows Memory Diagnostic:

• Type memory diagnostic in the search bar and click on the
      Windows Memory Diagnostic.

• Click on Restart now and check for the problems (Recommended).

If you need any further assistance with Windows then let us know. We would be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 memory leak

1. Windows 10 memory leak - Similar Threads - memory leak

2. Windows is leaking memory when reading random chunks of a large file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is leaking memory when reading random chunks of a large file: I have no idea where to report this, but basically I'd like Windows developers to look at the issue reported here: https://internals.rust-lang.org/t/high-memory-usage-on-random-file-reads-using-seek-read-windows/20396Tl;DR: A small Windows app in the thread linked above reads...
  3. Windows is leaking memory when reading random chunks of a large file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is leaking memory when reading random chunks of a large file: I have no idea where to report this, but basically I'd like Windows developers to look at the issue reported here: https://internals.rust-lang.org/t/high-memory-usage-on-random-file-reads-using-seek-read-windows/20396Tl;DR: A small Windows app in the thread linked above reads...
  4. Windows is leaking memory when reading random chunks of a large file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Eye Control causes memory leak dwm.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Eye Control causes memory leak dwm.exe: Hi, I control my computer with an eye tracker and Windows' native Eye Control. For the last four years I've been noticing memory leak on three different notebooks. First one had 20 GB and the other two 32 GB. I also asked a friend who uses an eye tracker and he has the same...
  6. Windows Eye Control causes memory leak dwm.exe

Windows Eye Control causes memory leak dwm.exe: Hi, I control my computer with an eye tracker and Windows' native Eye Control. For the last four years I've been noticing memory leak on three different notebooks. First one had 20 GB and the other two 32 GB. I also asked a friend who uses an eye tracker and he has the same...
  7. Possible memory leak on Windows 11 pro x64

Possible memory leak on Windows 11 pro x64: Hi all,I have an issue with my Windows 11 workstation, after around a week of use always on because it hosts a distributed app the ram used tops at 95% while in general the use is 30% 32gb of ram.The only thing that temporarly fix this is to reboot the pc but It's used as a...
  8. Memory Leak/Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Leak/Usage: HiJust by looking at the task manager I can see there is a high memory usage but I can't identify what program is consuming the memory. Is there another application that can help to identify what program is using excess ram? After restarting my memory usage goes back to...
  9. Memory Leak/Usage

Memory Leak/Usage: HiJust by looking at the task manager I can see there is a high memory usage but I can't identify what program is consuming the memory. Is there another application that can help to identify what program is using excess ram? After restarting my memory usage goes back to...
  10. Win11 memory leak after using MS office excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 memory leak after using MS office excel: I started to use Excel yesterday and have endured memory leaks several times.Here is my system version.Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 Installed on ‎12/‎16/‎2023 OS build 22631.2861 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22681.1000.0 The Excel version...