Windows 10: Windows 10 Memory management?

Discus and support Windows 10 Memory management? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro, 32 GB memory, 24GB paging file, AMD 5700 XT graphics In my normal workflow I have Lightroom and Photoshop open, each of which uses a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GracieAllen, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Memory management?

Windows 10 Pro, 32 GB memory, 24GB paging file, AMD 5700 XT graphics

In my normal workflow I have Lightroom and Photoshop open, each of which uses a lot of memory, and each of which is a PITA to shut down and restart when I'm working.
    I also regularly use Helicon Focus and Topaz Denoise AI.

Frequently, when I have Lightroom and Photoshop open, and use Helicon, it fails, sometimes telling me it couldn't allocate some amount of memory. Other times it fails telling me it couldn't convert images in the Adobe DNG converter. Exiting from Photoshop "fixes" this, but...

I've always been under the impression that Windows 10 would manage memory and use the paging file when needed. Windows is recommending 4GB of paging, so I've got a LOT more (24GB) set. Shouldn't Windows be pushing some of what Photoshop is using off so Helicon Focus can use it? When this happens and I've looked in the Task Manager it usually seems to think there are still 4 - 5 GB of memory available.

Does anyone know if what's happening is what should be, and if not, how to improve how Windows handles memory? At the moment, things are just coasting, so Lightroom is only using about 4GB, Photoshop 8GB, Topaz Denoise 2GB. Total usage is about 21GB according to the Task manager...

Any ideas about getting things to shuffle in and out as needed so new things will run?

:)

GracieAllen, Nov 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 upgrade memory management error

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue. 

I suggest you to run Memory Diagnostic tool and check if it helps.

Memory Diagnostic tool is used to detect the possible memory problems.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Memory Diagnostic in the search area in the task bar and select
      Windows Memory Diagnostic.

• Select Restart now and check for problem.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to refer to the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you

JuzarAli1709, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Memory management?

HP stream wont update windows 10 , not enough memory

Hello,

To better assist you, we suggest that you check the RAM of your computer and the memory usage by following the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager.
    • Click on More details.
    • Click on the Performance tab.
    • Click on Memory.

Update us with the result.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Memory management?

1. Windows 10 Memory management? - Similar Threads - Memory management

2. Memory Managment BSOD while playing Escape From Tarkov

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Managment BSOD while playing Escape From Tarkov: Having Memory Management BSOD's occur when playing Escape From Tarkov, particularly on my PMC, as the error hasn't occured during any of my Scav runs, but has done during my last two PMC raids, generally 15 to 20 minutes into them. I haven't encountered any BSODs or crashes...
  3. Memory Managment BSOD while playing Escape From Tarkov

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Managment BSOD while playing Escape From Tarkov: Having Memory Management BSOD's occur when playing Escape From Tarkov, particularly on my PMC, as the error hasn't occured during any of my Scav runs, but has done during my last two PMC raids, generally 15 to 20 minutes into them. I haven't encountered any BSODs or crashes...
  4. Memory Managment BSOD while playing Escape From Tarkov

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management: My computer was randomly crashing into BSOD with stop code memory management. I tried running the memory troubleshooter through the system but it fixed nothing. I tried running the "sfc /scannow" and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth" commands multiple times but...
  6. SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management

SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management: My computer was randomly crashing into BSOD with stop code memory management. I tried running the memory troubleshooter through the system but it fixed nothing. I tried running the "sfc /scannow" and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth" commands multiple times but...
  7. Memory Management Error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Management Error.: Hello. I've been getting a BSOD with it stating Memory Management Error. I honestly have no Idea what is causing this problem. Here is my minidump.Here are my pc specs.System Model AMD Ryzen 7 7700 8-Core Processor System SKU PRIME B650M-A AX II Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700...
  8. Memory Management Error.

Memory Management Error.: Hello. I've been getting a BSOD with it stating Memory Management Error. I honestly have no Idea what is causing this problem. Here is my minidump.Here are my pc specs.System Model AMD Ryzen 7 7700 8-Core Processor System SKU PRIME B650M-A AX II Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700...
  9. Task manager shows wrong memory consumed by processes after the recent updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager shows wrong memory consumed by processes after the recent updates: After one of the recent updates Task Manager in Windows 11 shows memory consumed by processes in its Details tab as single kilobytes which is obviously wrong. Look at the screenshot, it shows Visual Studio with a heavy project loaded:Clearly this information is wrong, before...
  10. Task manager shows wrong memory consumed by processes after the recent updates

Task manager shows wrong memory consumed by processes after the recent updates: After one of the recent updates Task Manager in Windows 11 shows memory consumed by processes in its Details tab as single kilobytes which is obviously wrong. Look at the screenshot, it shows Visual Studio with a heavy project loaded:Clearly this information is wrong, before...