Windows 10: Windows 10 Memory Space Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Memory Space Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a laptop with a 256GB SSD memory. I only have about 15GB space left so I bought a 500GB external SSD to transfer my files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hanzoac, Feb 24, 2020.

1. hanzoac Win User

Windows 10 Memory Space Problem

Hello everyone,

I have a laptop with a 256GB SSD memory. I only have about 15GB space left so I bought a 500GB external SSD to transfer my files. When I transferred the files, it took about 150GB space on the external hard drive and when I removed the transferred files from my C drive, my memory was was just 7GB more from 15GB to 22GB. How did that happen?

The files that I transferred have about a size of 8GB and the size on disk says 150GB.

I already did the DiskCleanup so all files from RecycleBin, TempFiles and downloads are all removed.

Hope someone can help me resolve this. Thanks!

:)

hanzoac, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Memory Space Problem

HP stream wont update windows 10 , not enough memory

To further assist you, we suggest that you run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. Refer to the steps provided below:

• On the Start screen, type memory.
    • Click Settings and then click the result Diagnose your computer's memory problems.
    • Select the option to run the tool.

We also suggest you to temporarily disable the antivirus as it consumes more memory and then try to upgrade.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Memory Space Problem

1. Windows 10 Memory Space Problem - Similar Threads - Memory Space Problem

2. Windows 10 Memory Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Memory Problem: Hello everyone, recently about a month ago I installed a new AMD RX 550 graphics card onto my computer. For a few days everything was working fine until all of a sudden my computer would suddenly freeze whenever I was in a game. It didn't matter how old, new, or graphics...
  3. Cached Memory problem on Windows 10

Cached Memory problem on Windows 10: Hey, I'm aware that Windows uses RAM that's free and is not used, but is it normal that it doesn't give it back when needed? I tried changing RAM speed from 3200MHz to 3133MHz and it helped a bit but not enough. When I'm playing games and I need more RAM for it, Windows...
  4. RUNNING OUR OF MEMORY AND SPACE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RUNNING OUR OF MEMORY AND SPACE: I AM RUNNING OUR OF SPACE AND MEMORY AND SPACE. CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO DELETE MY PHOTOS MORE THAN ONE AT A TIME> I M MOVING OVER TO A HARDDIRVE. THANKS YOU....
  5. Memory space problem for windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Memory space problem for windows update: Hello there.. I'm getting this error while doing an offline update. What's the memory space need for installing the update version 1909? Is 54 GB not enough for update? [ATTACH]...
  6. Memory space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Memory space: Hello everyone. I am using microsoft surface pro 6 128gb intel i5. I have a problem with storage of my laptop. 65gb is full by temporary files, only 24 gb is by sistem, I ran 'disk cleanup' and cleaned tempapry files by %temp% mettodes doen't helping at all. I have only one...
  7. Disk or memory space

Disk or memory space: Over the past months, my laptop has had trouble with the disk and/or the memory space being at 100%. It slows down my computer to where nothing opens, even task manager and if it does the program sticks....
  8. Windows 10 Memory problem

Windows 10 Memory problem: I've got problems with my windows 10 PC memory problems. Everyday it will reset itself sometimes three to four times a day. Then it will close some software but keep running other software's in background. When I try to close them they don't appear in running program list. It...
  9. VMware memory & disk space

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware memory & disk space: Instead of dual booting, I am considering using VMware Player on Windows 10 in order to run Linux. I have not used VMware before and am looking for a little guidance from those who are already experienced with it. I may allocate, say, 4 GB of memory and 30 GB of disk space...
  10. Windows 10 Memory problem...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Memory problem...: I am getting 90% memory in use(Task Manager)... Is anyone else getting this...? I run with Task Manager active, because I want to know what the system is doing... Huggy 54700