Windows 10: Windows 10 memory usage 100%

Discus and support Windows 10 memory usage 100% in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi tenforums, I am currently running Windows 10 (OS Build 18362.295) and today after applying windows updates I noticed my memory usage hitting ~100%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by scraxxy, Aug 14, 2019.

1. scraxxy Win User

Windows 10 memory usage 100%

Hi tenforums,

I am currently running Windows 10 (OS Build 18362.295) and today after applying windows updates I noticed my memory usage hitting ~100% consistently whilst idle. I can't tell if this is related to the updates but I kinda suspect a faulty driver or something.

Is there any way to figure out what is causing this? One thing I tried was installing Windows Driver Kit for the poolmon tool but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks for your time.

:)

scraxxy, Aug 14, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Aug 14, 2019
  3. 100% Memory usage

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You might be facing this issue due to several reasons like low virtual memory, third party software conflicts, virus threat on the computer etc.

Even though no programs or applications are running, some background services can show memory usage and disk usage. In order to check which particular program is using the memory, I would suggest you to check the Task manager.

Refer to these steps:

1. Press Windows key + X, select
    task manager.

2. Click on the ‘Processes’ tab and it will show you show you a list of programs and services running and their corresponding memory usage and disk usage.

3. Check if any of the item listed is consuming more memory or disk usage than normal.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if this helps.

You need to increase the virtual memory by making it equivalent to your RAM size for the initial size and twice of the initial size in maximum size and make sure you have the same amount of free space in your hard drive
    in each drive.

To do this, follow the steps:

1. Go to Control Panel (Press Windows key + X)> All control panel items > System

2. Click on Advanced system settings.

3. Under Performance, click on settings

4. Go to Advanced tab

5. Under Virtual memory, click on Change

6. Un-check "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" check box

7. Select your windows drive (where OS is installed)

8. Click on Custom size radio button

9. Set Initial size equivalent to your RAM size in MB

10. Set Maximum size to twice of your RAM size in MB

11. Click on Set

12. Click on OK thrice

13. Restart your system

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Aug 14, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 memory usage 100% - Similar Threads - memory usage 100%

2. Memory Leak, 100% Usage!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Memory Leak, 100% Usage!: Hi, this is my first time posting on this forum or any forum to be exact however I could not find a working solution to my current problem that I have had for a couple of days now, see what's happening is that I have an incredibly large RAM usage for no known reason nonp -...
  3. 100% disk memory and cpu usage?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    100% disk memory and cpu usage?: Sometimes when i try to get on my computer and play a game i keep getting 100% disk memory and memory usage and i always have to restart my computer to make it stop but im getting annoyed since its happening a lot more, i have ran malwarebytes for viruses but there are none i...
  4. 100 cpu, memory and disk usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100 cpu, memory and disk usage.: This just randomly started happening. I scanned for viruses and can't find a fix. Help? submitted by /u/Not-Cynical [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h7uoze/100_cpu_memory_and_disk_usage/
  5. Issues with high memory usage and 100% Disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with high memory usage and 100% Disk: Any tips on how to get rid of excess memory running on Windows 10? My PC takes up 40% without any apps running. I disabled all of the apps at startup, and I took several troubleshooting tips to correct this problem. When I run any app, my PC runs at 100% disk and grinds to...
  6. CPU/Memory/Disk Usage at 100%

CPU/Memory/Disk Usage at 100%: Whenever I run any program on my laptop, my disk usage, along with CPU and memory usage shoot up to 100%. Even without running any programs, task manager still shows them operating at around 60-70%. I have tried every other online solution with no success whatsoever....
  7. 100% Disk Usage / Memory Usage with barely anything running

100% Disk Usage / Memory Usage with barely anything running: Hi, I've had this issue on and off for a while now, but within the past few days it's been constantly there and nothing I do can seem to get rid of the issue. It started happening randomly while I was on my computer doing nothing different to normal. I thought it would go...
  8. Memory Usage 100%

Memory Usage 100%: Hi I am using Windows 10 Pro on Dell Lattitude pre-installed copy. The memory and CPU usage shooting upto 100% even none of the applications are running. Tried contacting support no response. Anyone here help in resolving the application? Thank You....
  9. Memory usage at 100%/Service Host

Memory usage at 100%/Service Host: After updating to the newest version of windows 10 (1903) I've been having issues with Service Host using up all of my ram. I've tried about every solution I could find online, and I'm at a loss....
  10. Windows 10 loads but no icons appear and memory usage is 100%

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 loads but no icons appear and memory usage is 100%: Hi, I have had windows 10 installed for quite a few months. My computer runs a dual boot of Windows 10 and Ubuntu. Recently I was transferring mp3s to my cell phone when the computer froze and restarted. I rebooted into windows and logged in. Once the desktop loads in none...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. memory usage 100%

2. windows list memory usage

3. Windows 10 100% memory

4. memory 100% windows 10,
  5. memory at 100%,
  6. 100% memory usage windows 10,
  7. 100% memory,
  8. windows10 memoria 100%,
  9. 100% memory usage windows 110,
  10. window 10 dell 100% disk usage problem 2019,
  11. windows 10 update causing 100% ram usage