Windows 10: Windows 10 Menu and Apps Not Responding

Discus and support Windows 10 Menu and Apps Not Responding in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just built a new computer a couple days ago and now sometimes when I start the pc up my windows menu flashes whatever the theme color is briefly on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Blake16, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Blake16 Win User

Windows 10 Menu and Apps Not Responding

I just built a new computer a couple days ago and now sometimes when I start the pc up my windows menu flashes whatever the theme color is briefly on the screen whenever I try to open the windows menu or interact with the taskbar and random apps don't respond. The ones that don't respond are different every time. I contacted support the first time this happened and they did something to fix it, no idea what, and was going to the second and third times this happened but those times the issue resolved itself. Also when this happens my taskbar is blank of anything I am running or had put there, it is empty except for task view and cortana.

:)

Blake16, Jan 2, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

Naki, Jan 2, 2021
  3. winnie10 Win User
    'All apps' in Windows menu not responding

When I click 'all apps' in the Windows menu it doesn't respond when scrolling or clicking a program. I can however use the TAB/DOWN/UP keys to scroll through the list and use ENTER to start the program. Is there any fix for this?

winnie10, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Menu and Apps Not Responding - Similar Threads - Menu Apps Responding

2. Windows 11 APPS in Start Menu do not respond on the right click.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 APPS in Start Menu do not respond on the right click.: So basically i tried using right click for finding the file location for EPIC GAMES, Steam and e.t.c but they just do not respond in start menu, the windows apps do but not the installed ones, also while i tried to screenshot it with SNIPPING TOOL i found out that even it...
  3. not responding start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    not responding start menu: My start menu is not quite working properly. It will open couple of seconds when I click it and it will freeze. When I click on the apps it will also take some time to respond and sometimes I need to close the apps in the task manager and do it again...
  4. not responding start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not responding start menu: My start menu is not quite working properly. It will open couple of seconds when I click it and it will freeze. When I click on the apps it will also take some time to respond and sometimes I need to close the apps in the task manager and do it again...
  5. not responding start menu

6. apps late respond in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    apps late respond in windows 10: HELLO, I AM A USER OF WINDOWS 10 AND WAS HAPPY WITH IT. BUT NOW APPS RESPOND VERY LATE IN WINDOWS 10 PC. WHEN I START MS WORD 2007 IT TAKES AATLEST 20 SECONDS TO OPE.. BEFORE WHEN I CLICKED IT USED TO OPEN IN 2 TO 3 SECONDS. I HAVE TRIES EVERYTHING RAN A SFC SCAN, RAN...
  7. Start Menu not responding? Restart StartMenuExperienceHost.exe in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Start Menu not responding? Restart StartMenuExperienceHost.exe in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]I am sure you must have faced a situation where the Start Menu stops responding. It either doesn’t open or sometimes it just hangs on the screen wide open. Starting with Windows 10 v1903, there is a separate process available [...] This post Start Menu not...
  8. Start menu not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu not responding: Whenever I open the start menu, it works for a few seconds (but can't open any applications) and stops responding and finally closes automatically. The start menu can no longer be used to open any applications. The search bar, if not opened with the start menu opened, works...
  9. 'All apps' in Windows menu not responding

'All apps' in Windows menu not responding: When I click 'all apps' in the Windows menu it doesn't respond when scrolling or clicking a program. I can however use the TAB/DOWN/UP keys to scroll through the list and use ENTER to start the program. Is there any fix for this? 40569
  10. Ghost in the machine: non responding Apps and menu settings.

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost in the machine: non responding Apps and menu settings.: Since upgrading to the latest version every morning I have to reboot my system at least once sometime two or three time due to not responding Apps, menu prompts. The funny thing is that once done that it keeps working fine the all day long, doesn't matter how many time I...