Windows 10: Windows 10 Messenger App - no microphone access

Discus and support Windows 10 Messenger App - no microphone access in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an HP Spectre laptop and cannot use the video feature in Windows 10 Messenger because I keep getting the message "Please Allow Microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PeteComp, Apr 13, 2020.

1. PeteComp Win User

Windows 10 Messenger App - no microphone access

I have an HP Spectre laptop and cannot use the video feature in Windows 10 Messenger because I keep getting the message "Please Allow Microphone Access". I went into the Privacy Settings and for the microphone access was already on. I shut it off then on again. I did a "Repair" and a "Reset" of Messenger with no luck. If I turn OFF mic access, I get a different message saying my mic settings are off then sending me to Settings. I don't get that message with it on but instead get the above message. If I access Messenger from Edge through Facebook it works!!!! The App just has a better look and feel so I would prefer to use that instead of Edge. I know it's being picky but I hate when things don't work right and always try to find a solution. Thanks for your reply in advance.

:)

PeteComp, Apr 13, 2020

2. New Messenger app for Windows has microphone access problems

This is similar to the issues seen with Messenger running on a web browser, but I'm creating a new thread because it was so long ago and Windows 10 has been through many releases since then.
    A Summary of the problem:
    Upon launching the app, and starting a call (audio or audio+video) an error screen appears:

Windows 10 Messenger App -  no microphone access [​IMG]

Following previous advice, I checked the Microphone Privacy setting (through Settings > Privacy > Microphone) and find that Microphone is turned ON, but also it shows it was accessed at the time I launched the Messenger app and got the Microphone access error.

I have checked that the Microphone is working under Windows (Settings > System > Sound > Input) and can see Microphone ribbon moving when I speak.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem?

mikeduncan, Apr 13, 2020
  3. NAbdulla Win User
    How to allow IMO Messenger to use microphone in windows 10?

I have installed IMO Messenger recently on Windows 10 Laptop. It can access Camera but can't access microphone to capture my voice. I have looked at Setting>>Privacy>>Microphone and found that there is no sign of IMO Messenger. Other apps (like Skype) can access the microphone quit well. How can I allow it to access my microphone? please help.

NAbdulla, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Messenger App - no microphone access

Facebook messenger won't access camera or microphone

bbuchler2018, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Messenger App - no microphone access

1. Windows 10 Messenger App - no microphone access - Similar Threads - Messenger App microphone

2. camera and microphone access to messenger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera and microphone access to messenger: how do i allow for camera and microphone access to messenger in order to make video calls from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-microphone-access-to-messenger/380e6996-7670-4ced-a623-b6ccb9996927
  3. camera and microphone access to messenger

in Windows 10 Customization
    camera and microphone access to messenger: how do i allow for camera and microphone access to messenger in order to make video calls from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-microphone-access-to-messenger/380e6996-7670-4ced-a623-b6ccb9996927
  4. camera and microphone access to messenger

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Hardware Access Error trying to access the camera and microphone on Messenger and other...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hardware Access Error trying to access the camera and microphone on Messenger and other...: I use the Asus Zenbook 14 laptop. Once I try to make/answer a call on Messenger or access the websites which require a camera, the hardware access error appears. I have enabled all the camera and microphone settings on my laptop and both the browsers Google Chrome and...
  6. New Messenger app for Windows has microphone access problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Messenger app for Windows has microphone access problems: This is similar to the issues seen with Messenger running on a web browser, but I'm creating a new thread because it was so long ago and Windows 10 has been through many releases since then. A Summary of the problem: Upon launching the app, and starting a call (audio or...
  7. Facebook messenger won't access camera or microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Facebook messenger won't access camera or microphone: When I try to video chat with someone on Facebook, I get that message. Code: An error occurred when tryin to get access to camera and/or microphone. Hardware access error. To make a call on Facebook, you need to turn on your camera and microphone on. It used to work fine....
  8. Microphone - Messenger

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone - Messenger: Hi - Messenger ask for permission to use the microphone although it is swiched on for Messenger. Can´t get further..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-messenger/31b22d3b-1c6a-434a-9aeb-da67b559480a
  9. windows 10 messenger app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows 10 messenger app: windows 10 messenger app sends me a 6-digit authentication code and upon entering, it rejects the code as incorrect. I have tried this numerous times and always returns with the incorrect message...are there any suggestions out there as to what might be the problem here, or...
  10. Facebook messenger won't access camera or microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Facebook messenger won't access camera or microphone: When I try to video chat with someone on Facebook, I get that message. Code: An error occurred when tryin to get access to camera and/or microphone. Hardware access error. To make a call on Facebook, you need to turn on your camera and microphone on. It used to work fine....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wrong PC camera turns on in facebook messenger

2. messenger microphone access