Windows 10: windows 10 messenger app

Discus and support windows 10 messenger app in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; windows 10 messenger app sends me a 6-digit authentication code and upon entering, it rejects the code as incorrect. I have tried this numerous times... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by hknipprath, May 2, 2019.

1. windows 10 messenger app

windows 10 messenger app sends me a 6-digit authentication code and upon entering, it rejects the code as incorrect. I have tried this numerous times and always returns with the incorrect message...are there any suggestions out there as to what might be the problem here, or a way to bypass? Thanks!

:)

hknipprath, May 2, 2019

2. Windows Messenger Confirmation Email

No It didnt appear in my spam box but I updated to Windows live Messenger which sent the confirmation email and also verified windows messenger. Ty everyone for there suggestions

Warlord213, May 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Facebook and Messenger app not showing notifications

We appreciate you for providing the information to us.

If the Messenger app doesn't show on the list under Notifications & Actions, it's possible that there are too many apps that are using the push notification. There is a limit to the number of apps you have installed that has push notifications enabled. You
    may consider removing other apps that are not in use and check if it helps.

In addition, you can also try to check the Default App for Protocol to prioritize Messenger as the default. To do this, follow the steps listed below:

• Type Default app settings in the Search bar.
    • Click Choose default apps by protocol.
    • Look for the Messenger app then click on it.
    • Restart PC and check if it works.
    Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, May 2, 2019
  4. Silverel Win User

windows 10 messenger app

Getting rid of Windows Messenger? How?

It's a component service, not in add/remove programs.

To turn on the Do not allow Windows Messenger to be run option, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, click Run, type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
    2. In Group Policy, expand Local Computer Policy, expand Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand Windows Components, and then expand Windows Messenger.
    3. Double-click Do not allow Windows Messenger to be run, and then click Enabled.
    4. Click OK.

Silverel, May 2, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 messenger app

1. windows 10 messenger app - Similar Threads - messenger app

2. Facebook Messenger desktop app - Incorrect security code error while logging in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook Messenger desktop app - Incorrect security code error while logging in.: Hello! I have a problem with Facebook Messenger. Each time I try to login to my Facebook Account from the Facebook Messenger Desktop app, I receive an error message telling me that the Security Code I enter (sent to my Mobile Phone) is not correct. This doesn't happen when I...
  3. Direct X 9_3 Bug on Facebook Messenger App

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Direct X 9_3 Bug on Facebook Messenger App: Hi, I've had Messenger installed on my computer for a while, recently it started giving me an error message telling me that I do not have Direct X 9_3 installed and therefore cannot access the app. I still get notifications from the app, however. This appears to a serious bug...
  4. Windows 10 - Microsoft Messenger (Metro App)

Windows 10 - Microsoft Messenger (Metro App): Question, My last update was yesterday. Therefore why are the file stamps for this app, for today? To provide some context, at just after 5pm, mytime, the was brief but noticeable "refresh" across the screen. It is the sort of refresh, one see when they install apps....
  5. Windows 10 Facebook Messenger App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Facebook Messenger App: I tried logging into the Facebook Messenger app today on my laptop and I keep getting the incorrect password message, even though I have reset my password multiple times already. The app was working fine on my desktop before this issue happened, and now I log on to the app on...
  6. Bluetooth Speaker - Audio Stops When Focused on Messenger App - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Speaker - Audio Stops When Focused on Messenger App - Windows 10: Hello, I just bought a new Bluetooth speaker for my PC. Now whenever I have music playing in the back ground (spotify, firefox, etc.) Whenever I click on the messenger app and bring it to focus, all audio stops. When I minimise it, audio starts again. Any one know...
  7. Error "you'll need a new app to open this about" while trying to open app "Messenger for...

Error "you'll need a new app to open this about" while trying to open app "Messenger for...: Every time I try to open installed app "Messenger for Desktop" I get the message "You'll need a new app to open this about" with "Look for an app in Microsoft Store" displayed upon opened app "Messenger for Desktop". I go to the app store and it says there is no app for...
  8. Windows 10- 64 - Realtek audio - Verizon Messenger app (from app store) sounds are reducing...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10- 64 - Realtek audio - Verizon Messenger app (from app store) sounds are reducing...: I already have the Communications options set to DO NOTHING under sound settings. I do not have DOLBY options in my sound options. Enhancements are set to Immediate mode. Disabling all sound effects had no change. My browser is currently playing sound cloud. I am using...
  9. Store App, Facebook app, and Facebook Messenger app are all unresponsive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store App, Facebook app, and Facebook Messenger app are all unresponsive: The apps in the subject line don't open. They're on the screen, but suddenly aren't. I forgot the word for it... but CAN try demonstrating what I mean via photos (attached). [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I hope you understand what I mean. If you need further clarification, I'd...
  10. Facebook introduces new Messenger 4 app

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook introduces new Messenger 4 app: Starting today, we’re rolling out a new, simplified version of Messenger: Messenger 4. In a recent Messenger study, 7 out of 10 (71%) people told us simplicity is the top priority for them in a messaging app (1). Among people surveyed who are messaging more frequently, 62%...