Windows 10: Windows 10 messes with my volume mixer settings

Discus and support Windows 10 messes with my volume mixer settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I restart my computer, windows will reset system sounds and discord to 0. Even when I reset them back to default, it keeps putting them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/netherbawss235, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Windows 10 messes with my volume mixer settings

Every time I restart my computer, windows will reset system sounds and discord to 0. Even when I reset them back to default, it keeps putting them back. I'm on the latest version.

submitted by /u/netherbawss235
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/netherbawss235, Nov 23, 2019

2. volume mixer in taskbar in WIndows 10

Hi Caroline,

The requirement of pinning Volume mixer to the taskbar is currently not available in Windows 10. However, you can view Volume mixer from the volume control icon located in the system tray.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you not able to see volume icon or the volume mixer on the computer?

• If volume icon, have you enabled the option to show in the system tray?

If you want to view Volume mixer on the PC and have enabled volume icon on the system tray, follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Right click on the volume icon and select
      Open Volume Mixer
      from the context menu.

• Check if the window is accessible on the computer.

Note: The option to pin Volume mixer to the taskbar is not currently available on the computer.

Write to us with the status of pinning Volume mixer on taskbar in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Issues with the Volume mixer on windows 10.

Hi Margit,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

1. What is the exact issue that you are facing?

2. Did you receive any error message?

3. Does that mean that the Volume mixer icon is not present on the desktop?

4. Are you facing this sound issue on any specific application, since you had mentioned Skype?

If the Volume mixer icon is missing from the desktop, this issue may arise when the notification for the Volume mixer is not turned on in the settings.

Please follow the below steps and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type Notifications in the Searchbar and select Notifications and action center.

• Select the option “Select which icons appear on the taskbar”.

• Make sure the Volume icon has been turned on from the settings.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Hope that the information helps. Please do let us know whether you are able to retrieve the icon to the Action center. If the issue still persists, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Tendows Win User

Windows 10 messes with my volume mixer settings

Volume Mixer not showing muted app

The application was muted on Windows 10 with November update. Now I am using Anniversary update, on build 14393.10

The initial step did not help make Banished show up in the Volume Mixer, nor did the article.

Tendows, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 messes with my volume mixer settings

1. Windows 10 messes with my volume mixer settings - Similar Threads - messes volume mixer

2. Fix Windows Volume Mixer not saving settings

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows Volume Mixer not saving settings: [IMG]If Windows Volume Mixer is not saving settings then this post is sure to help you resolve the issue. The Windows Volume Mixer is a feature in Windows OS that allows controlling the volume levels of individual applications and system sounds. This feature isn’t available...
  3. Volume Mixer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Volume Mixer: Why does "Host Process for Windows Services" randomly show up in my volume mixer and when I go to try and find it in the Task Manager it does not show up, do I have malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-mixer/0d2a473e-1770-4633-9b09-5703b09f05fd
  4. Volume Mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Mixer: Why does "Host Process for Windows Services" randomly show up in my volume mixer and when I go to try and find it in the Task Manager it does not show up, do I have malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-mixer/0d2a473e-1770-4633-9b09-5703b09f05fd
  5. Volume Mixer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows Volume Mixer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Volume Mixer: I have a small question about the volume mixer on windows 10, how can I make it so when windows boots, all levels on the volume mixer are set to 100%? for some reason, the volume mixer never saves what levels it was on last, when Windows boots, FireFox browser for example is...
  7. Volume Mixer settings shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume Mixer settings shortcuts: Like in this post some time ago, I am looking for a shortcut to this menu. Unfortunately I don't understand the AutoHotkey instructions from there. Is there any other way to quickly access this menu? Sometimes the sounds of certain apps is just a little too loud, even on the...
  8. Volume Mixer settings not saving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume Mixer settings not saving: I've noticed recently after bumping my volume up to 100% while reducing applications in an attempt for clearer audio that CSGO doesn't retain it's volume setting in the mixer after a reboot. Is there a way to accomplish this? I've heard Ear Trumpet can do this but so far...
  9. Volume Mixer won't save settings

Volume Mixer won't save settings: Hi, Looking for some suggestions. The volume mixer won't save settings, at least for system sounds. I'm trying to have it saved lower so it doesn't startle me when I get a new Skype message. Anyway, I keep setting it and it just reverts back as soon as I close the window....
  10. Windows 10 save Volume Mixer settings

Windows 10 save Volume Mixer settings: I would like Volume Mixer to save my volume settings so I won't have to change it everyday. Any one have a idea to help me out? 16034