Windows 10: Windows 10 Mic Distortion

Discus and support Windows 10 Mic Distortion in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I know this has been asked a thousand times already but I'm really struggling to get my mic working on my Windows 10 PC. Long story short,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LJT93, Jan 31, 2020.

1. LJT93 Win User

Windows 10 Mic Distortion

Hello all,

I know this has been asked a thousand times already but I'm really struggling to get my mic working on my Windows 10 PC. Long story short, I bought a new Corsair mic at Christmas but have never gotten it to work properly. Sound works perfectly through them but I have to place the mic basically in my mouth and shout into it for Windows to recognise any sound. I've been searching online and attempting fixes for the past 3 days to no avail. I know the mic works as I tried it in the store I bought it from which worked perfectly after returning my old one thinking it was faulty. If I plug in my old Razer headset which is USB and uses Razer synapse I have no issues. Since then I have uninstalled all Razer software I'm now using all Corsair peripherals. I've also tried in the front of my PC and in the rear straight into the motherboard. When counting into the mic sometimes a random number will be clear, for example, if I say 1 2 3 4, all will be distorted by 4 sometimes comes through clear.

I've tried;

Run the audio troubleshooter - No issues detected.

Verify that all Windows Updates are installed - Windows up to date.

Check your cables, plugs, jacks, volume, speaker, and headphone connections. Checked, also tried using a USB adapter. My headset is 2 x 3.5mm jacks.

Check sound settings - Checked against multiple videos / posts. Unable to see any issues.

Fix your audio drivers - Tried multiple audio drivers, Realktek and Windows default.

Set your audio device as the default device - Mic set as default.

Turn off audio enhancements - Turned off

Restart Audio Services - Done

Try different audio formats - Tried CD & DVD at different bit rates, also tried splitting the audio channels.

Restart to apply installed updates - Windows up to date, as are all drivers.

Check for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC in Device Manager - Not listed

If you have microphone issues, make sure your privacy settings are configured properly. - All checked. Microphone privacy settings checked.

Really not sure what else to try. I've been through 50+ posts and Youtube videos but so far nothing has worked.

Microphone: Realtek Driver Version: 10.0.18362.1

Any help appreciated.

Thanks. ​

:)

LJT93, Jan 31, 2020
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Jan 31, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mic Distortion - Similar Threads - Mic Distortion

2. How to fix audio distortion and muffling in VC voice calls and in game mics like Fortnite?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix audio distortion and muffling in VC voice calls and in game mics like Fortnite?: This problem is occurring on my laptop and my PC, both Windows 11. Whenever I join something like Discord or Fortnite Party VC it becomes muffled also occurs in Whatsapp. Is there a solution to it? It happens with any headphones I use....
  3. How to fix audio distortion and muffling in VC voice calls and in game mics like Fortnite?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix audio distortion and muffling in VC voice calls and in game mics like Fortnite?: This problem is occurring on my laptop and my PC, both Windows 11. Whenever I join something like Discord or Fortnite Party VC it becomes muffled also occurs in Whatsapp. Is there a solution to it? It happens with any headphones I use....
  4. Mic Distortion when using on EDGE and Chrome. All desktop apps works fine!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic Distortion when using on EDGE and Chrome. All desktop apps works fine!: Hi,I recently bought a USB Microphone for my desktop. It's working fine when using a Windows voice recorder and OBS. But when i tried to use it on Edge or Chrome there was distortion when i spoke and the audio quality was not good compared the what i got in Windows Voice...
  5. Mic Distortion when using on EDGE and Chrome. All desktop apps works fine!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic Distortion when using on EDGE and Chrome. All desktop apps works fine!: Hi,I recently bought a USB Microphone for my desktop. It's working fine when using a Windows voice recorder and OBS. But when i tried to use it on Edge or Chrome there was distortion when i spoke and the audio quality was not good compared the what i got in Windows Voice...
  6. Mic Sounds Distorted No Matter What I Do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mic Sounds Distorted No Matter What I Do: Hello I Am Typing This Because My Mic Sounds Distorted No Matter What Volume I Have It At, No Matter What Preamp Or Microphone I Use, No Matter What Quality I Have It At, No Matter How Close Or Far I Am From The Mic, I Even Tried Updating And Downgrading Windows 10 But That...
  7. Mic Distorts When My Phone Gets Close To It

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic Distorts When My Phone Gets Close To It: Okay so this is a really weird topic but I cant find anything else on the topic, I have Blue Snowball Mic and when I bring my phone close to the mic. It distorts the mic and it starts to crackle but as soon as I pull it away It stops. Any Reason For This? Or Any Fixes?...
  8. Win 10 recognizes my Mic but the sound is low and distorted

Win 10 recognizes my Mic but the sound is low and distorted: [ATTACH] I have a wire headphone with mic, Sony MDR XB55AP. The mic works totally fine on my Android phone. But it works very bad when I try plugging to 3.5 mm jack, which supports both mic and headphone, on my laptop. I can hear my voice from the mic but it is very small...
  9. Mic is warpy and distorted after win 10 update

Mic is warpy and distorted after win 10 update: Hey I'm having a very strange problem, all my headsets and integrated laptop mic are not working properly on my laptop after an update. All of these headsets work on my other devices but my laptop just warps the sound so I'm stuck in a situation where I have to discord with...
  10. USB Mic has distortion issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Mic has distortion issues: I have a USB TONOR Condenser Microphone, like the one pictured here on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/TONOR-Microphone-Condenser-Recording-Podcasting/dp/B078W61ZYP/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1541652255&sr=8-5&keywords=tonor%2Bmic&th=1). This mic (and USB mics in general) was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internal microphone sounds garbled

2. Windows 10: Mic is warpy and distorted after win 10 update