Windows 10: Windows 10 Mic/Line Input Auto-Adjustment

Discus and support Windows 10 Mic/Line Input Auto-Adjustment in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So Windows 10 appears to have introduced some form of native system-level microphone/line input automatic adjustment that programs that can be hooked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Synapt, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Synapt Win User

Windows 10 Mic/Line Input Auto-Adjustment

So Windows 10 appears to have introduced some form of native system-level microphone/line input automatic adjustment that programs that can be hooked into which is causing me to sound like a whisper via my Condenser mic in some applications and I would love to find a way to disable it so that I can control input adjustment myself. Does anyone know how to do this as searching around is not giving me any viable results.

Things of note;

• This is only happening on certain applications, such as Firefox, the Discord desktop app and Skype with exception I'll note below.

• All my USB headset mics seem to be fine

• This is happening only on my condenser mic via 3.5mm

• It's happening across two distinct sound hardwares a dedicated audio card and the onboard motherboard audio, implying this is not a driver/hardware issue they are two completely different chipsets but yes they have been updated regardless.

• Audio-relative software OBS, Adobe Audition, 3rd party mixers like Voicemeeter Banana all take my input fine, I effectively sound normal when using any of these to record locally, playback my mic directly or even stream on twitch.

• It seems to be explicitly limited to software that uses/hooks into whatever windows natively provides for input auto adjustment. And the main reason I've come to the conclusion it's something windows-provided is because Skype only does this when I enable it's "Automatic adjustment" in it's settings. If I disable that setting I sound perfectly fine as I should. With Skype and Microsoft being pretty heavily windows-integrated these days, particularly in Windows 10 it gives me a heavy feeling that it's likely a native windows feature that Skype is hooking into, and the above mixed-software outcomes back it up imo.

Does anyone know how I can possibly disable this feature at a system-wide level? I'll even take some powershell/CLI convoluted trickery, I just want to be able to use my setup like I had previously in Windows 7.

:)

Synapt, Jun 21, 2020

2. Mic keeps Automatically Adjusting on Windows 10

I've done these multiple times. The apply button never unlocks itself so I can apply after I adjust my mic settings. My mic keeps muting itself. Please help me.

Pizza Steve, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Logitech C920 Webcam keeps auto-adjusting mic volume

Check Skype settings...

Windows 10 Mic/Line Input Auto-Adjustment [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mic/Line Input Auto-Adjustment - Similar Threads - Mic Line Input

2. Microsoft Teams Auto adjust Mic level

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Teams Auto adjust Mic level: Every time I speak in Microsoft Teams my Mic Level (AT2020) rises from 20 to 100 so i am extremly loud. How can i disable that Teams autoadjusts my mic level? submitted by /u/Buffi1 [link] [comments]...
  3. Mic keeps auto adjusting and makes it higher.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic keeps auto adjusting and makes it higher.: Hello, I have this problem where every time i optimize my mic by lowering the mic volume and higher the Microphone boost. Every so often I come to check it I find it higher, I have my mic on 37, i come back and its 47 or even 88 which makes alot of noise, I watched alot of...
  4. Windows 10 Mic/Input Audio Adjustment Disable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mic/Input Audio Adjustment Disable: So this as far as I can possibly tell appears to be a Windows 10 issue but I'm having problems figuring out how to correct it by search terms alone. I have an issue with a Condenser mic over the 3.5mm input on both my motherboard and a dedicated soundcard, both are different...
  5. monitor auto adjusting lines

monitor auto adjusting lines: when i plug in my monitor in while im using it lines appear they go from the top of the screen to the bottom i need some help fixing this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-auto-adjusting-lines/3df1172b-15e4-4486-9b80-33f36eb5866e
  6. Windows 10 auto adjusting brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 auto adjusting brightness: Whenever I watch a video in full screen, windows just keep auto adjusting the brightness setting. If I switch back to normal the screen gets dim all way down, I go back to full screen it gets brighter all way up, I switch to another window and gets dimmer aall way down again....
  7. Windows 10 sound auto adjusts

Windows 10 sound auto adjusts: I have a "bug" where sound will auto adjusts. i tried everything... and i mean EVERYTHING! It automatically install a sound driver what i think is the problem. In windows 7 i don't have this issue (with the driver in the picture). I have a Lenovo thinkpad T430 [img] 120498
  8. Windows 10 sound auto adjusts

Windows 10 sound auto adjusts: I have a "bug" where sound will auto adjusts. i tried everything... and i mean EVERYTHING! It automatically install a sound driver what i think is the problem. In windows 7 i don't have this issue (with the driver in the picture). I have a Lenovo thinkpad T430 [img] 120499
  9. Windows 10 sound auto adjusts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 sound auto adjusts: I have a "bug" where sound will auto adjusts. i tried everything... and i mean EVERYTHING! It automatically install a sound driver what i think is the problem. In windows 7 i don't have this issue (with the driver in the picture). I have a Lenovo thinkpad T430 [img] 120498
  10. Logitech C920 Webcam keeps auto-adjusting mic volume

Logitech C920 Webcam keeps auto-adjusting mic volume: Hi, my logitech c920 webcam that i use to chat on skype; keeps auto adjusting its volume in windows (attached - sound properties) from a good sound volume of 50% to muffling and distorted levels of 80%-90%. Ive checked the logitech software. I dont know where else to look?...