Windows 10: Windows 10 mic on my laptop is echoing and i don't know how to fix it!

Discus and support Windows 10 mic on my laptop is echoing and i don't know how to fix it! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Yeah so bassicly Windows 10 mic is echoing and idk what to do about it searching through YT hasn't helped I am on a HP laptop with Intel core i5 if you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aredma1, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Windows 10 mic on my laptop is echoing and i don't know how to fix it!

Yeah so bassicly Windows 10 mic is echoing and idk what to do about it searching through YT hasn't helped I am on a HP laptop with Intel core i5 if you need more info about the laptop ask me but please help!

submitted by /u/aredma1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/aredma1, Mar 22, 2021

2. Mic echoing with a headset

Hey. I've got a GA-78LMT-S2P motherboard with a S.O.G XPERT-H1 headset (it's USB, the mic is attached and retractable).

Any sound that comes through my headset echoes into my mic. It's exactly like if I had speakers.

Couldn't fix this problem in years, hoping somebody here may at least shed some light on its source. I will try the headset on another computer later on today, but in the meanwhile here's what I've tried and what I know :
    - That headset's quality is pretty poor all around (I got it for 32€). Drivers suck balls, the headphones' coating is shedding off ... I regret buying off-brand. I've seen many people saying that a poor quality headset will have this kind of problem, due to the wiring of the cables inside, so this is a possibility, though I'd rather fix it if possible at all.
    - It appears that only sounds that come off the left side echo into the mic (and it's attached to the left side). I noticed that when listening to my mic and running the little windows sound test that plays something left then right.
    - No sound is echoed when the mic is muted.
    - Sound still echoes at the same volume when blocking the microphone with some cloth. (so it's not sound leaking from the headphones)
    - This kept happening throughout several windows installations (and several drivers installations).
    - No Stereo Mix to disable, couldn't find anything to disable anywhere.
    - Tried plugging it in the front of my case (it's usually back).

The last headset I had before this one also had this problem, except it actually appeared overnight. That btw was one of the reasons I got a new headset.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be coming from ? Any sure way to confirm that this is a hardware problem and not software ?

Thanks for reading. Have a good one !

PS : For anyone curious why I'm trying to fix this now after years, discord has an echo cancellation feature which made the issue rather trivial, but I started playing Overwatch and I don't want to annoy anyone with echo (especially since I'd rather be open mic than push to talk).

Edit : for reference here's the other post I made about this before giving up http://www.techsupportforum.com/for...king-up-sound-from-my-headphones-1147913.html

Modinstaller, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Mic echoing with a headset

do you have a splitter, or cable adapter ,etc? something between the headset & the PC?
    As you described this as a continuing situation, sadly yuou might be stuck until you replace the headset with a proper one.

maybe something like this depending on your current location.

i got these for cheap a year or so back. My daughter uses them, and the work fine...they arent fancy, but they arent bad either. Id suggest doing your best to get a reliable set, and with them a reliable audio software. short of this, a sound card might help, possibly a USB type, i know of some external options that arent too expensive.

i have one of these, and they use a different sound chip other than what is native to windows, maybe that might help, but id just go with a new headset personally.

also, id like to suggest you NOT install audio drivers for the device, and let windows do its thing. maybe the poor driver is causing the problem.

jboydgolfer, Mar 22, 2021
  4. KevinUZ Win User

Windows 10 mic on my laptop is echoing and i don't know how to fix it!

Mic echo

My parents bought me a newer mw 7000 mic and when I connected everything and put the cable in to my computer my voice started echoing. Is this the cheap mic or is it something I need to fix?

KevinUZ, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 mic on my laptop is echoing and i don't know how to fix it!

1. Windows 10 mic on my laptop is echoing and i don't know how to fix it! - Similar Threads - mic laptop echoing

2. My laptop screen is zoomed out and I don't know how to fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop screen is zoomed out and I don't know how to fix it.: So I was in the middle of doing something on my laptop, and all of a sudden it brought me back to my home screen, minimized my game, and changed my resolution size. It said something about my graphics, but I didn't fully read it. Something similar happened before when my...
  3. My laptop screen is zoomed out and I don't know how to fix it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop screen is zoomed out and I don't know how to fix it.: So I was in the middle of doing something on my laptop, and all of a sudden it brought me back to my home screen, minimized my game, and changed my resolution size. It said something about my graphics, but I didn't fully read it. Something similar happened before when my...
  4. How to fix your Mic echo on Xbox

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix your Mic echo on Xbox: [ATTACH]Some users have experienced an echo effect while communicating with their friends in Xbox Live Party. Xbox Live Party lets you invite people to communicate with one another while watching movies and playing games. You can invite up to 7 people to Xbox Live Party. If...
  5. Fix MIC echo effect on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix MIC echo effect on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Are you getting an echo effect in the sound recorded by your microphone? If yes, here are some suggestions for you. Due to the echo effect, users are not getting the desired quality in the recorded audio. In this article, we will see some solutions to fix the MIC echo...
  6. I don't know how to fix this

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't know how to fix this: I tried raise FPS Valorant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-how-to-fix-this/33c6c901-76ac-4b78-97a9-346f8b8179cd
  7. Hello there is a problem in my laptop and i don't know how to fix it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hello there is a problem in my laptop and i don't know how to fix it: Every time I use the laptop for a short period, it starts to lag and slows down in the FPS and slows down the games and applications and everything. And every time I use the laptop more the lag increases Is there a way to fix this problem?Forgot to mention that i scanned a...
  8. I don't know how to fix it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't know how to fix it: So I put my desktop on D: and now everythings screwed up and I cannot fix it anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-how-to-fix-it/6ecc42f4-598d-444d-841e-735239c5e3c9
  9. My headphones mic keeps echoing. (laptop)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My headphones mic keeps echoing. (laptop): I tried to join google meet in the new browser microsoft edge, whenever I talk it comes with an echo and has like an eerie sound. How do I fix it? It wasn’t like this before. I even tried my brother’s headphones mic that works fine on his pc but it still on echo when I...
  10. My screen is broken and I don't know how to fix it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen is broken and I don't know how to fix it: [IMG]Hello all, I'm experiencing problems with my screen for the past 7 months and I don't know how to fix it. My screen just breaks and keeps breaking over and over again. I'll show you a picture, does anyone know how to fix this?...