Windows 10: Windows 10 microphone/ audio output setup

Discus and support Windows 10 microphone/ audio output setup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use Windows 10 and am trying to set up a headset. It is a turtle beaches mike, so I would like to use it as the microphone input and the audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fewWQ, Sep 13, 2020.

1. fewWQ Win User

Windows 10 microphone/ audio output setup

I use Windows 10 and am trying to set up a headset. It is a turtle beaches mike, so I would like to use it as the microphone input and the audio output. I have it plugged into a 9mm jack and it will not produce audio. Works fine with other devices.

:)

fewWQ, Sep 13, 2020
  2. ChanceH Win User

Audio output leaking into microphone

I have a similar issue with my Turtle Beach Earforce X12 headset and after doing some research, I can say one thing.

It's probably your headset(s).

With that said, I encourage you to watch this brief gif:
    Windows 10 microphone/ audio output setup [​IMG]

In it, I play some audio in the background through my aforementioned Turtle Beach headset. Note how the input sensitivity is up near the middle of the bar. Around halfway through, I unplug my headset's output (leaving the mic plugged in) and switch it for a different pair of headphones. Notice how Discord is no longer picking up erroneous input. I should note that the mic is muted on the headset through this entire video, so this output bleed has to be coming from inside the headset (or Discord, but I am not in a position to judge).

My suggestion, is to see if you can use a different pair of headphones for your audio output and either get a budget external microphone or use your existing headset as a microphone only. Doing the latter is easy if your headset has two 3.5mm jacks so you can plug in the microphone jack but not the listen/audio output jack.

If neither of those options are convenient you can try setting Discord's input sensitivity above the typical peak amount when you're listening to loud music in the background, so at least it won't trigger automatically on your music alone. You may also consider push-to-talk. Lastly, you could also turn down the background audio when chatting on Discord anyway, but I realize that isn't a solution.

Also, as some of the comments have pointed out, it's worth checking if you have everything in the correct jack and that everything is setup properly software-wise, including in Windows and for your audio driver.

If you need any clarification, let me know, but I hope this helps.

ChanceH, Sep 13, 2020
  3. audio volume output and microphone

Yesterday my microphone and audio volume output just quit do you know what could of happen?

SANDRASLOAN_371, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

my condensor microphone is not being detected by windows 10

Hi,

To clarify the issue, have you checked the compatibility of the microphone to Windows 10? You can check if the microphone driver is available in the Device Manager or not by following these steps:

• Go to Search bar.
    • Type devmgmt.msc then hit Enter.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs.
    • Check if microphone driver is available.

We also suggest performing a clean boot to check if there are software conflicts that can cause the issue.

If you need further help, don't hesitate to reply on this post.

Anne Ros, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 microphone/ audio output setup - Similar Threads - microphone audio output

2. Microphone being used as an audio output i think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone being used as an audio output i think: Just bought a new mic WVNGR WG-300II for relatively cheap, and it's either not being recognized at all on my device or being recognized as an audio output Windows 10 Pro, old Lenovo Thinkpad My reasoning being whenever I plug in my mic to the audio jack on the side, it keeps...
  3. Microphone being used as an audio output i think

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone being used as an audio output i think: Just bought a new mic WVNGR WG-300II for relatively cheap, and it's either not being recognized at all on my device or being recognized as an audio output Windows 10 Pro, old Lenovo Thinkpad My reasoning being whenever I plug in my mic to the audio jack on the side, it keeps...
  4. Microphone Input Changes Audio Output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Input Changes Audio Output: Whenever a program expects/is checking for a microphone input, and there is a microphone in connected to my PC, the audio output is filtered somewhat, I don't exactly know what type of filter, but it definitely isn't normal. Videos with phone audio attached[VIDEO 1: NORMAL...
  5. Microphone Input Changes Audio Output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Input Changes Audio Output: Whenever a program expects/is checking for a microphone input, and there is a microphone in connected to my PC, the audio output is filtered somewhat, I don't exactly know what type of filter, but it definitely isn't normal. Videos with phone audio attached[VIDEO 1: NORMAL...
  6. Microphone input playing audio output

Microphone input playing audio output: Windows 10 Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Skullcandy Ink'd 2 Earbuds with microphone My earbud/mic combo is plugged into the only jack on my laptop, a 3.5 mm input/output jack. When I play audio on my computer, with any program, my microphone also plays the audio. I have no speakers...
  7. No microphone output Windows 10

No microphone output Windows 10: Hi, Recently, both my headset mic and in-built mic have stopped working. I don't remember doing a major windows update but now no sound is outputted by these devices. There are no driver updates available and I have given all permissions and access to apps. If I plug in a...
  8. Microphone setup not working in Windows 10

in Cortana
    Microphone setup not working in Windows 10: I have a brand new Lenovo Ideapad with very high quality specs. I have updated to Windows 10 Home and am unable to use Cortana because the microphone will not pick up my voice. If I try to run the Microphone Set Up Wizard, it will not be able to hear my voice. I have tried...
  9. Problem with output audio playing through microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with output audio playing through microphone: I have been having a really annoying issue where audio from my headphones plays through my microphone. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers in the Device Managers window, but I have had no luck. Audio enhancements are all disabled, both the microphone and...
  10. Speaker Setup Unknown and No audio output device is installed

Speaker Setup Unknown and No audio output device is installed: I have looked at the community and the fixes I have seen has not helped. Under the device for Sound - games, etc. is no longer installed as well as the audio near the top of the device manager. I have done the trouble shoot and rebooted without any luck. I have also...