Windows 10: Windows 10 microphone changing volume as I talk

Discus and support Windows 10 microphone changing volume as I talk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello! I have a problem. When I talk louder my microphone turns down the volume itself, and when I talk quietly, it turns up to the max and it's very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vpstv, Apr 14, 2021.

1. vpstv Win User

Windows 10 microphone changing volume as I talk

hello!

I have a problem. When I talk louder my microphone turns down the volume itself, and when I talk quietly, it turns up to the max and it's very annoying to myself and my friends who I talk to.

What I have tried : unchecking allow applications to take exclusive control of this device

I have also tried updating my drivers but I don't know if I did it correctly or no but it didnt work.

:)

vpstv, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

Headphones' Microphone Volume Under the "Levels" Tab Disappeared

We suggest that you check the following steps on how to raise the mic volume:

• Check the Speaker icon on the system tray. Right click on it and choose "Recording Devices" menu.
    • This will show Sound window. Go to Recording tab of Sound window, you will notice the microphone which is active that has a green check mark. Right click on the active microphone and select "Properties".
    • You will now see Microphone Properties window. Go to the
      Levels
      tab and you will now see Microphone and
      Microphone Boos
      t. You can use the sliders to modify your volume settings. Click
      OK button to save changes.

Let us know how it works so we can further assist you.

Vicky Acs, Apr 14, 2021
  3. XroDenis Win User
    Windows changes microphone volume all by it's own.

Ok so i have a Windows 8.1 laptop and Windows keeps chaning the microphone volume if i talk loudly and my friends on discord say that they don't hear me. I've tried everything in the microphone's settings such as turning off "Allow application to take exclusive
    control of the device" but it still changes the volume on it's own. Thanks for reading.

XroDenis, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 microphone changing volume as I talk - Similar Threads - microphone changing volume

2. Microphone Volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Volume: Hello. Recently my microphone is slowly becoming worse and whenever i talk the others can hear 5% of the volume for example. I've tried increasing the mic volume but still it doesnt sound good. Maybe its the headphones fault but can someone help me increase the volume of the...
  3. Microphone Volume Level changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Volume Level changing: This problem has persisted for as long as I've been using windows 10 and I have never seen a working fix. My microphone Is plugged in, set to default device in sound control panel and I've set the gain on the microphone itself to where I would like it and have also set the...
  4. Windows 10 automatically changes Microphone input volume randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 automatically changes Microphone input volume randomly: Ever since a couple days ago my microphone input volume has been randomly automatically set to 2/100 from 100/100 making it impossible for people to hear me on voice. It happens when I load into a game so it makes gaming on discord a pain, since I have to manually change the...
  5. Microphone low volume Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone low volume Windows 10: I don't know what happen but suddenly I cannot set my mic to high volume. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-low-volume-windows-10/c410c3e1-e35b-4126-9881-6c2d5febe46b
  6. Microphone volume changing on its own

Microphone volume changing on its own: As the title says, I’m trying to get my microphone to stop changing its own volume. I’ve tried turning off ‘Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device’ setting, I’ve made it so that when windows detects communication activity it does nothing, all of the fixes...
  7. Microphone 'volume' keeps changing for no reason.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone 'volume' keeps changing for no reason.: My RIG 400 headset has always worked perfectly on my Xbox One, Macbook Pro, and my old Windows 8 pc that was thrown together with spare parts. I bought a $4000 gaming PC in July and have had nothing but trouble. At first, the microphone input is too quiet, I need to boost it...
  8. Microphone volume limit on windows 10

Microphone volume limit on windows 10: Whenever I yell into my mic or make and loud noise the volume doesn’t go past a certain point, and it sounds quieter than me speaking normally. Is there any way to fix it so there’s no limit? submitted by /u/kraftdinnerisgoood [link] [comments]...
  9. Volume of microphone changes by itself

Volume of microphone changes by itself: Hi! I have a Blue Snowball. It works fine. The problem I have is that the volume of the microphone goes down to 2 sometimes and it's really bothering. Also, sometimes it gets up to 100. I have a almost fresh install of Windows. Reinstalled 2-3 days ago. I've checked most...
  10. Microphone Volume

Microphone Volume: I'm trying to fix my microphone volume and yes, I did go into control panels recording, levels, etc... But after I put in the values for the microphone volume it keeps changing back to the default values. Any solutions to lock the volume? submitted by /u/DogEater694206912...