Windows 10: Windows 10 Microphone Malfunction

Discus and support Windows 10 Microphone Malfunction in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I dont know how to fix my microphone. When I try to use Camera it says "change you privacy setting to access microphone", so I made sure my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by camilo315, Sep 6, 2021.

1. camilo315 Win User

Windows 10 Microphone Malfunction

Hi I dont know how to fix my microphone. When I try to use Camera it says "change you privacy setting to access microphone", so I made sure my microphone privacy settings are on and enable all apps to use it, but no matter what, I cant use the microphone at all. My privacy settings cant be the issue, its got to be something else. Can anyone help? CamiloThanks

:)

camilo315, Sep 6, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 6, 2021
  3. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 6, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Microphone Malfunction - Similar Threads - Microphone Malfunction

2. microphone not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone not detected: Device: desktop computer. OS: Windows 10. I've been using a USB webcam with an integrated microphone for a couple of years. Problem is some applications don't detect the microphone. Skype: ok Zoom: ok Messenger: not working. Windows itself doesn't detect the microphone,...
  3. microphone not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microphone not detected: Device: desktop computer. OS: Windows 10. I've been using a USB webcam with an integrated microphone for a couple of years. Problem is some applications don't detect the microphone. Skype: ok Zoom: ok Messenger: not working. Windows itself doesn't detect the microphone,...
  4. microphone not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone not detected: Device: desktop computer. OS: Windows 10. I've been using a USB webcam with an integrated microphone for a couple of years. Problem is some applications don't detect the microphone. Skype: ok Zoom: ok Messenger not working. Windows itself doesn't detect the microphone, saying...
  5. HP Elitebook 8440p microphone stops working after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Elitebook 8440p microphone stops working after sleep: Hello, About a month ago I've encountered a very strange problem with my laptop. The microphone stops recording any sound whenever I put the laptop to sleep and wake it up. It won't work for an extended period of time, and sometimes it'll just suddenly start working again, I...
  6. HP Elitebook 8440p microphone stops working after sleep

HP Elitebook 8440p microphone stops working after sleep: Hello, About a month ago I've encountered a very strange problem with my laptop. The microphone stops recording any sound whenever I put the laptop to sleep and wake it up. It won't work for an extended period of time, and sometimes it'll just suddenly start working again, I...
  7. My internal microphone won't be detected by zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internal microphone won't be detected by zoom: Zoom won't detect built-in mic on Windows 10 despite proper settings, driver updates, and reinstalls. Mic works in Windows but not in Zoom, even after toggling settings. Mic permissions allowed, but Zoom doesn't appear in list...
  8. My internal microphone won't be detected by zoom

My internal microphone won't be detected by zoom: Zoom won't detect built-in mic on Windows 10 despite proper settings, driver updates, and reinstalls. Mic works in Windows but not in Zoom, even after toggling settings. Mic permissions allowed, but Zoom doesn't appear in list...
  9. After plugging in my webcam Amcrest, my microphone Blue Yeti 'malfunctions' and is no...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After plugging in my webcam Amcrest, my microphone Blue Yeti 'malfunctions' and is no...: After plugging in my webcam Amcrest, my microphone Blue Yeti 'malfunctions' and is no longer being recognized by Windows 10. I don't know how to enable the microphone again, all the apps that use that microphone by default have it not appear anymore. I tried disabling the...
  10. Microphone malfunctioning

in Cortana
    Microphone malfunctioning: I updated my windows to windows 10 creators update. Then I uninstalled an update cause my local disk was full. But suddenly I noticed my internal mic isn't working. Troubleshooting also couldn't solve the problem. If you know how to solve the problem, please tell me....