Windows 10: Windows 10 Microphone Not Showing Up/Working

Discus and support Windows 10 Microphone Not Showing Up/Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi this is my first post. I'll try and add any relevant information, and I'd really appreciate a speedy response. I am on an HP Laptop with So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tws822, Dec 25, 2018.

1. tws822 Win User

Windows 10 Microphone Not Showing Up/Working

Hi this is my first post. I'll try and add any relevant information, and I'd really appreciate a speedy response. I am on an HP Laptop with

So recently I got new headphones (happy holidays!) and I plugged them into my computer and they didn't work. The audio didn't work and the microphone didn't work. I have so far spent 7 hours straight trying to fix them.

I learned quickly that I did not have Realtek HD Audio Manager and instead had B&O. I somehow replaced it with Realtek. After lots of hard work, the symptoms have worsened, possibly because of the B&O replacement. However, under B&O, the headphones didn't work, now with Realtek, the audio works but not the microphone.

I have tried 3 different headphones in the computer and now the microphone doesn't work with any of them. Fortunately, the audio works (except with USB headphones). I downloaded a mass updater of drivers and it didn't change anything.

I have disabled/enabled, uninstalled, and updated every driver imaginable and nothing seems to work. I have ticked every box and googled this problem relentlessly but nothing works.

I am at the ready to answer any and all questions about my problem so long as it leads to me getting this fixed.

What I'd like fixed:
    The microphone does not work with any headphones/without headphones, whereas it use to. I need to be able to use the microphone and the headphones.

Thank you all.

:)

tws822, Dec 25, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 25, 2018
  3. microphone not working on windows 10

Since I installed windows 10 my microphone is not working. I tried ALL the steps that you suggested in other threads and the microphone still doesn't work! Please find urgently a solution!

MikaelaSympoura, Dec 25, 2018
  4. makesense Win User

Windows 10 No microphone will work

Sorry about the long response time. Work sucks sometime.

I tried both a headset microphone and the usb microphone on another Windows 10 computer. It did not pick up any microphone signal and was showing the same emulated sound output as I noted before.

That is what is really bothering me. Both computers detect the microphones, yet output is being directed to them as well as any plugged in speaker/headphone.

makesense, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Microphone Not Showing Up/Working - Similar Threads - Microphone Showing Working

2. Microphone not showing up at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not showing up at all.: Hello, my name is Jackson. I have a mic t hat I'm trying to use with my system but I've plugged it in and it's not showing up at all, if you can help me I'd much appreciate it! I can hear sounds with the mic but I cannot talk on it whatsoever or select it to use....
  3. Microphone not showing up at all.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microphone not showing up at all.: Hello, my name is Jackson. I have a mic t hat I'm trying to use with my system but I've plugged it in and it's not showing up at all, if you can help me I'd much appreciate it! I can hear sounds with the mic but I cannot talk on it whatsoever or select it to use....
  4. Microphone shows up as Output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone shows up as Output: I have a Windows 11 and I just got a new microphone mic only no audio, when I plugged it in it did not show up in Input this is Settings>System>Sound but only on Output, I wanted to plug the mic into the red jack on the back of the computer but there is not a red jack for mic...
  5. Microphone shows up as Output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone shows up as Output: I have a Windows 11 and I just got a new microphone mic only no audio, when I plugged it in it did not show up in Input this is Settings>System>Sound but only on Output, I wanted to plug the mic into the red jack on the back of the computer but there is not a red jack for mic...
  6. Microphone not showing up in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone not showing up in Windows 10: So I recently picked up a Logitech G332 headset, but I can't find a way to set up the headphones. I can hear just fine with them, and the microphone works with some apps like Discord, however I can't set the microphone as the default microphone. Opening Sound Settings ->...
  7. Headset microphone not showing up anywhere on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset microphone not showing up anywhere on Windows 10.: I am using a windows 10 laptop and am trying to set my audio up, but for some reason the microphone doesn't show up anywhere. I've installed the Realtek Audio Driver and troubleshooted,but the microphone from my headsets doesn't show up anywhere, just my webcam microphone....
  8. Microphone doesn't show up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone doesn't show up.: Hello!. My microphone doesn't work, basically it doesn't even show up! I've literally read all the topics, all the youtube videos aswell, but none of these have my problem... I use a microphone, a Sonia SN - 6000. Whenever I plug it in, it doesn't seem to make a sound or...
  9. microphone input not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    microphone input not showing up: my headset microphone input option isint showing anyone know why? submitted by /u/something_awufull200 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i1lyfs/microphone_input_not_showing_up/
  10. Microphone not showing up after windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not showing up after windows 10 update?: Hey. Today I opened up my computer, and, apparently, windows had updated without notifying me. After that, my microphone wasn't showing up when I went to the "Sounds > Recording" section. What do I do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not showing microphoneà