Windows 10: Windows 10 - Microsoft account profile photo missing

Discus and support Windows 10 - Microsoft account profile photo missing in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I have installed Windows 10 Pro - Version 21H1 - Build 19043.1023 - Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3740.0 I dont' understand why in this... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by 74lobster, May 26, 2021.

1. 74lobster Win User

Windows 10 - Microsoft account profile photo missing

Hi, I have installed Windows 10 Pro - Version 21H1 - Build 19043.1023 - Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3740.0 I dont' understand why in this page, logged with my Microsoft Account, miss my photo: but if I open the Microsoft Account page via web, all is ok, the photo is present: And, in the first shot, how I can logout from my account ? And why if I click on: "Il mio account Microsoft" nothing happens, no webpage is opened ? Any idea how I can solve the issues I explained ? Thanks in advance

:)

74lobster, May 26, 2021
  2. 74lobster Win User

Hi, I have installed Windows 10 Pro - Version 21H1 - Build 19043.1023 - Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3740.0

I dont' understand why in this page, logged with my Microsoft Account, miss my photo:

Windows 10 - Microsoft account profile photo missing [​IMG]

but if I open the Microsoft Account page via web, all is ok, the photo is present:

Windows 10 - Microsoft account profile photo missing [​IMG]

And, in the first shot, how I can logout from my account ?
    And why if I click on: "Il mio account Microsoft" nothing happens, no webpage is opened ?

Any idea how I can solve the issues I explained ?

Thanks in advance

74lobster, May 26, 2021
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Windows 10 - Microsoft account profile photo missing :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, May 26, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Microsoft account profile photo missing - Similar Threads - Microsoft account profile

2. Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos: Hi all,I am working to download all of the photos in the Microsoft Photos App to an external hard drive. Last night I had pictures on the app dating back to 1999. Now the photos only date back to 2012. I am praying I havent lost 13 years of photos.I checked my recycle bin to...
  3. Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos: Hi all,I am working to download all of the photos in the Microsoft Photos App to an external hard drive. Last night I had pictures on the app dating back to 1999. Now the photos only date back to 2012. I am praying I havent lost 13 years of photos.I checked my recycle bin to...
  4. Missing profile Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing profile Windows 10: Hello,After starting windows10 today I noticed that the login for my user account was not there. Instead there was a generic "admin" profile that I was able to log into. Then, it went through a "first-time" set up for that profile. Once in, I was able to see the files to the...
  5. Missing profile Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing profile Windows 10: Hello,After starting windows10 today I noticed that the login for my user account was not there. Instead there was a generic "admin" profile that I was able to log into. Then, it went through a "first-time" set up for that profile. Once in, I was able to see the files to the...
  6. Missing profile Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. MICROSOFT ACCOUNT PROFILE

in Windows 10 Customization
    MICROSOFT ACCOUNT PROFILE: I decided to delete an e-mail address from my account profile that I no longer utilize. In doing so, I lost all e-mails prior to that time in my .aol New Mail and Old Mail files prior to that date. IS there any way to recapture them?...
  8. Microsoft Photo Missing Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photo Missing Photos: My Microsoft Photo has randomly missing photos approximately 1/3. In there place is a grey box with what looks like a cloud in one corner, I did nothing that I know of to move these photos. How do I restore them to the photo site? Thanks for any help....
  9. Microsoft Profile Photo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Profile Photo: Why isn't the photo I uploaded to my Microsoft account showing up in My Info on my compter or the Microsoft Sign in/Lock Screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-profile-photo/651825dd-8807-428f-9d03-6dc10a6e40c0
  10. Sharing profiles for Windows 10 local and Microsoft accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sharing profiles for Windows 10 local and Microsoft accounts: First, I HATE the way Windows 10 requires a password for sign in because the default set up is with an MS account. Almost enough to make me want to finally switch to Mac. Almost. With that out of the way, ... In Win 7, I ran without a password a desktop that no one else...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows account profile sign on photo half missing