Windows 10: Windows 10 Microsoft Account Sync not working

Discus and support Windows 10 Microsoft Account Sync not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Was having Account Sync issues, wallpaper not syncing. All sync settings enabled in settings so I ran the troubleshooter - [ATTACH] "There might be... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jakosaur, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Jakosaur Win User

Windows 10 Microsoft Account Sync not working

Was having Account Sync issues, wallpaper not syncing. All sync settings enabled in settings so I ran the troubleshooter -

Windows 10 Microsoft Account Sync not working 509cd17b-7394-4a91-bec7-96b446960d1f?upload=true.jpg

"There might be an Internet connection problem or the service may not be available. Please check your Internet connection and try again."

Weird thing is that there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with my internet connection.

:)

Jakosaur, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Microsoft Account Sync not working :(

Zakin, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Microsoft Account Sync not working

Microsoft Account not syncing WP8.1

Hi Michael,

We suggest that you manually sync your Microsoft account by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap email + accounts.
    • Tap and hold your Microsoft account.
    • Tap sync.

Check also if you have the correct date and time set on your phone.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Microsoft Account Sync not working

1. Windows 10 Microsoft Account Sync not working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Sync

2. Microsoft Account not Syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account not Syncing: Since Microsoft has taken down the account troubleshooter, is there anything else to use? My account is not syncing between devices. Am using Windows 10.Have tried to turn sync settings on and off, verified the account, edit the registry keys, run sfc /scan now, DISM /online...
  3. Microsoft Account to sync wifi password not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account to sync wifi password not working: Microsoft Account to sync wifi password not working: According to the book it says: By using the Microsoft Account to login windows to your user account it will sync the WIFI password, background, App settings, and Ease of Acess settings. So, I tested out and works:...
  4. Windows 10 Sync without Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Sync without Microsoft Account: Hi, Wondering if anyone has any experience with syncing two machines without a Microsoft Account. It now seems you have to unplug the network during setup to even get Windows 10 installed without one. Purpose is for a backup desktop to move to (and aversion to cloud by...
  5. Microsoft account profile not syncing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account profile not syncing: My Microsoft account profile picture is not syncing on Windows or in Edge Chrome after a system reset. It's been a week since then, so it's not a sync delay. The profile picture is still available online. Completely reinstalling Windows did fix this, but also introduced...
  6. Sync of accounts with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync of accounts with Windows 10: Since I have upgraded to Windows 10 the sync of my files seems to have been lost. I used this between my different devices and also between Google Chrome facilities and windows previously on Windows 7 For example I was able to update files in EXCEL and these would...
  7. Computer will not sync with Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer will not sync with Microsoft account?: So, something a bit odd happened today: I tried signing in as usual, but a message (I didn't really get to read it fully) that went something like "unable to sign in to your Microsoft account" popped up, and all my stuff was gone. Background reset, default browser reset, etc....
  8. PC Not Syncing With Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC Not Syncing With Microsoft Account: I got a new laptop and after setting up the PC I found out that my PC settings are not getting synced with the Microsoft Account. I found out the following issue. [ATTACH] Can I please get a solution to fix this. Thank You...
  9. Microsoft Account and Syncing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account and Syncing: Hi Everyone I have just discovered the sync settings in Windows 10 and found out about how I can sync my settings and themes (which I am particularly interested in) I had the settings enabled with my computer and surface also with my existing Microsoft account signed in...
  10. Microsoft Account and Syncing

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account and Syncing: I have often wondered what happens when you upgrade Windows with regards to syncing settings etc. For Windows 10 I don't want to find that I am syncing settings from older versions of Windows or from Windows 10 beta. So how do I ensure that for the first install of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 microsoft account not syncing

2. windows 10 microsoft account sync not working

3. microsoft account not syncing windows 10