Windows 10: Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Icon pinned on the task bar (only) is Blank image.

Discus and support Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Icon pinned on the task bar (only) is Blank image. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Up-to-date Windows 10 with Browser Microsoft Edge Icon pinned on the task bar (only) has no image, icon is blank whenever it is Inactive. It shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mdk1bypdk, Dec 4, 2019.

1. mdk1bypdk Win User

Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Icon pinned on the task bar (only) is Blank image.

Up-to-date Windows 10 with Browser Microsoft Edge Icon pinned on the task bar (only) has no image, icon is blank whenever it is Inactive. It shows active window banner info when active. I have tried various suggestions routinely listed about the issue, but it doesn't effect a correction. Of course not a huge deal, just another question among questions. Tried: SFC. DISM. Clear-icon-Cache. Restart Windows Explorer, and restart Taskbar. Command Pin/Unpin repeatedly from Start icon.

Is anyone aware of another potential solution, that is safe to try?

On a long hunt, thanks.

:)

mdk1bypdk, Dec 4, 2019

2. task bar icons blank

After applying the november windows 10 home update three of my task bar icons have become blank sheets. The ones changed are edge, store and wunderlist. The remainder are fine. The icons of the three appear correct in the all apps list. I have tried
    unpin and re-pin with no change. The three applications work correctly and start fine from the task bar. It is just hard to remember which application is which blank. Note this has happened on my hp laptop which was upgraded from windows 8.1, My desktop
    which has windows 10 professional does not have the problem. It was upgraded from windows 7 professional.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

RussGarside, Dec 4, 2019
  3. microsoft edge icon missing from task bar

My Edge icon on taskbar changed to a blank box after Fall Update to Windows 10 x64 bit. I eventually restored it by starting Task Manager, clicking on Edge Manager, expanding entry for Edge by clicking the arrowhead, right clicked on Microsoft Edge Manager
    entry and selected Open File Location. When File Location opens you should see Microsoft Edge.exe, right click and select Pin to Task Bar.

That restored the icon for Edge on the Task Bar.

The other solutions on the web did not work for me.

AlasdairGraham, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Icon pinned on the task bar (only) is Blank image.

microsoft edge icon missing from task bar

I tried this, but the icon I got is not very useful. I cannot get it to respond.

James Duffy, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Icon pinned on the task bar (only) is Blank image.

1. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Icon pinned on the task bar (only) is Blank image. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Icon

2. Task bar blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar blank: My task bar just went blank and I can’t access my settings, the ms doesn’t work, I’ve inserted pictures of the different prompts I’ve gotten. Some times a gold padlock appears on the task bar and when I click it, it disappears. Please any solution?...
  3. Task bar blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar blank: My task bar just went blank and I can’t access my settings, the ms doesn’t work, I’ve inserted pictures of the different prompts I’ve gotten. Some times a gold padlock appears on the task bar and when I click it, it disappears. Please any solution?...
  4. Task bar blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Firefox 95 icon is shown as blank in the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firefox 95 icon is shown as blank in the task bar: Help!The Firefox 95 icon is shown as blank in the task bar.Is there a way to rebuild the icons?The browser works well though.Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-95-icon-is-shown-as-blank-in-the-task-bar/482dddf4-2474-488a-9f0f-d52e59133630
  6. After the Windows 10 update and updated Edge, icons on my task bar are blank.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After the Windows 10 update and updated Edge, icons on my task bar are blank.: [IMG] submitted by /u/FAKENAME381 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ha4t4b/after_the_windows_10_update_and_updated_edge/
  7. Windows 10 Desktop, Task bar, Start icons blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Desktop, Task bar, Start icons blank: HIl, I have issue with icons in windows 10, suddenly most of the icons in the desktop, task bar and start menu. I have updated windows to latest build but still same issue. Kindly please help me to solve the issue. Thank you....
  8. Change Task bar icon for Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Task bar icon for Chromium Edge: I created a shortcut, then changed its icon: right-click-> Properties -> Change Icon -> selected a .ico file. I dragged it to the taskbar and whenever I click on the taskbar icon, Edge opens in a new window with the old icon. My task bar Note that I am using Chromium Edge...
  9. pin an icon shortcut into the task bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    pin an icon shortcut into the task bar?: How do I pin an icon shortcut into the task bar? the onscreen instructions do not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-an-icon-shortcut-into-the-task-bar/2234bfb6-c1d5-4c5d-b851-4b62ef5612a1
  10. Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar - Show Icons Only or Names and Icons

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar - Show Icons Only or Names and Icons: How to: Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar - Show Icons Only or Names and Icons How to Show Icons Only or Names and Icons on Favorites Bar in Microsoft Edge Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows...