Windows 10: Windows 10 - Microsoft IME

Discus and support Windows 10 - Microsoft IME in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Generally this drives me a little bit nuts as it's got some horrible little foibles that make using it a right pain, BUT it largely works for what I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by N0bleguy, Oct 18, 2019.

1. N0bleguy Win User

Windows 10 - Microsoft IME

Generally this drives me a little bit nuts as it's got some horrible little foibles that make using it a right pain, BUT it largely works for what I want it for (Japanese input).

Since the last update though it's become worse for some reason.

Every window I open it starts off on English - it's always done this (although I really wish it would remember between shutting down and starting up, especially as the Windows Updates come in constantly and badger me constantly to restart, but whatever...).

Since my latest update, when I switch to Japanese there's no indication in the icon tray if it's going to render Western script, Hiragana or Katakana, and the icon tray sits stuck on ENG and doesn't switch correctly when I switch windows.

On my PC the steps to reproduce are:

1. Open Notepad

2. Press Window+Space to change the input language.

3. Language icon in the tray remains at ENG when it should say, J (Japanese), and no A, あ or ア is shown to indicate the input character set.

4. Click ENG on the icon tray and the menu shows English (UK) is selected when it's actually Japanese that's selected (I know this because it renders hiragana when I type).

5. Click on Japanese on the icon tray menu and it doesn't update the selection in the icon tray menu (but it does actually change the input language).

6. When it does on occasion show J (Japanese) correctly in the tray, there's still no A, あ or ア shown to indicate the input character set.

If I switch back to the traditional Language Bar rather than the icon tray then it works better (but this doesn't show the A, あ or ア selection either...)

I didn't think the IME could get any worse, but it really has Windows 10 - Microsoft IME :)

:)

N0bleguy, Oct 18, 2019

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Oct 18, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Microsoft IME - Similar Threads - Microsoft IME

2. Hiragana in Microsoft IME is not working no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hiragana in Microsoft IME is not working no matter what I do: Whenever I switch to Japanese and try to change to kanji or hiragana it just closes out and doesn't change at all. Even when I try keyboard shortcuts or try to change stuff in the settings, nothing changes and it just switches back to English for some reason! ;-; Please, can...
  3. Hiragana in Microsoft IME is not working no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hiragana in Microsoft IME is not working no matter what I do: Whenever I switch to Japanese and try to change to kanji or hiragana it just closes out and doesn't change at all. Even when I try keyboard shortcuts or try to change stuff in the settings, nothing changes and it just switches back to English for some reason! ;-; Please, can...
  4. Hiragana in Microsoft IME is not working no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Switching y and z around with the microsoft IME layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching y and z around with the microsoft IME layout: Hello, I am used to qwertz and it's messing with us that we can't use qwertz with IME, tried using MSKLC but when using the layout created with it, explorer just crashes. Is there any way to swap them around?...
  6. Switching y and z around with the microsoft IME layout

Switching y and z around with the microsoft IME layout: Hello, I am used to qwertz and it's messing with us that we can't use qwertz with IME, tried using MSKLC but when using the layout created with it, explorer just crashes. Is there any way to swap them around?...
  7. Microsoft Chinese IME auto selects and modes randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Chinese IME auto selects and modes randomly: Depending on which text box or window is focused, this icon will be either or . This of course is extremely irritating and a complete waste of users' time and sanity, and it seems to choose the wrong mode 99% of the time. There is Settings > IME Settings > Microsoft Pinyin >...
  8. Microsoft Chinese IME auto selects and modes randomly

Microsoft Chinese IME auto selects and modes randomly: Depending on which text box or window is focused, this icon will be either or . This of course is extremely irritating and a complete waste of users' time and sanity, and it seems to choose the wrong mode 99% of the time. There is Settings > IME Settings > Microsoft Pinyin >...
  9. Korean Microsoft IME not prioritized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Korean Microsoft IME not prioritized: So i have seen questions about this before and want to clear this up at this point in time.I have added korean keybard to my keyboards. Korean keyboard consists of 2 keyboards, english and korean. So i have 2 keyboards, swedish my main, and korean which has english and...
  10. Korean Microsoft IME not prioritized

Korean Microsoft IME not prioritized: So i have seen questions about this before and want to clear this up at this point in time.I have added korean keybard to my keyboards. Korean keyboard consists of 2 keyboards, english and korean. So i have 2 keyboards, swedish my main, and korean which has english and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft IME

2. microsoftIME

3. windows 10 IME

4. windows 10 microsoft ime,
  5. ime japanisch,
  6. Microsfot IME,
  7. mircrosoft ime,
  8. micrcsoft IME,
  9. windows 10 2004 microsoft ime ダウンロード,
  10. apanese Microsoft IME Standard Dictionary,
  11. what is ime in windows 10,