Windows 10: WIndows 10/Microsoft is awful plain and simple...

Discus and support WIndows 10/Microsoft is awful plain and simple... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Seriously, When I am in the middle of a time sensitive project and Windows decides to either run auto update, randomly open programs I haven't told it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NoName89, May 14, 2020.

1. NoName89 Win User

WIndows 10/Microsoft is awful plain and simple...

Seriously, When I am in the middle of a time sensitive project and Windows decides to either run auto update, randomly open programs I haven't told it to or lock up seriously pathetic that after how many iterations Windows still does this, blue screens because of hardware drivers that dont interface with Win 10 properly and neither Microsoft or the producer of said hardware will address, and seriously slow running speed cant even open web pages at times. Not to mention the crappy and almost nonexistent customer service, Microsoft will not be seeing any more money from me for another computer with their software. IT JUST PLAIN SUCKS!

Before anyone gets smart about a couple of the things mentioned allow me to explain why I know its my Windows 10 laptop:

Internet: My wife's work issued Mac Book Air using Chrome which I use most of the time cause edge is terrible can open web pages faster and with no loading issues where as mine takes nearly twice as long on a newer computer with 2-3 times the ram. So definitely not an internet problem

Hardware drivers: All updated, but since the interface issue has not been addressed by either Microsoft or the hardware manufacturer, I get blue screens. Not to mention being unable to log in to my computer because it doesnt recognize the built in keyboard or having a mouse that is barely usable.

Crappy customer service: 2 months trying to recover my office 365 subscription....told to buy it again even though their system failed to connect my purchase key with my Microsoft account. Im sorry, cant afford another 70 bucks, especially when their system apparently makes mistakes and they dont want to fix it. Not to mention the lost antivirus subscription, files and other things even though I told the reset manager to keep my files and programs.

Auto updates: Ive set it to install when I am not using the computer in the evening, it shows in settings this way. Yet my computer gets hijacked, usually right when I am trying to complete something on a limited time table.

Microsoft should stick to gaming consoles....have an Xbox for nearly 10 years and its still going strong, couple of bugs but thats to be expected at that age. I should not be having this many issues with a computer that is not even a year old. Cant wait to get a MACBOOK again with its stable OS, great customer service and awesome features/programs. No more windows computers for me.

:)

NoName89, May 14, 2020

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, May 14, 2020
  3. Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 14, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 14, 2020
Thema:

1. WIndows 10/Microsoft is awful plain and simple... - Similar Threads - Microsoft awful plain

2. Microsoft Defender is awful trash.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender is awful trash.: This "Anti Malware" is absolutely atrocious. There is no simple way to Disable the software. Any attempts to Disable the software are overruled every time you FORCE an update.This "Anti Malware" is actually using the largest portion of memory on my device. This is enough to...
  3. The microsoft store is nothing but awful

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The microsoft store is nothing but awful: Never have I used such a terrible store. I do not understand how a multi-billion dollar corporation cannot even make a half-functional store. Steam, EpicGames, Origin, and EA all have perfectly functioning web stores but not Microsoft. I get to play Russian roulette with...
  4. How to Paste as Plain Text in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Paste as Plain Text in Windows 10: The Paste is a universally used function of a program and operating system that allows the user to Copy text or image from one location and position it on the other location. Along with this excessively useful function comes unwanted source format. While copying the text...
  5. Windows 10 is awful and constantly crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is awful and constantly crashes: I have only just bought a new laptop and Windows 10 just keeps crashing. I have been trying to solve it for 2 weeks as we are in lockdown. I have had this error Kernel Power Critical Error 41 I have update all the drivers, This stopped the laptop from crashing for 1...
  6. Awful and Braindead windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Awful and Braindead windows 10 update: Just got on my computer today and I saw the update Ive been putting off for weeks now finally decided to update itself... also realized that for some reason my audio jack is now not detecting any audio. Great job microsoft, you managed to produce an update that actually...
  7. Awful and Braindead windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Awful and Braindead windows 10 update: Just got on my computer today and I saw the update Ive been putting off for weeks now finally decided to update itself... also realized that for some reason my audio jack is now not detecting any audio. Great job microsoft, you managed to produce an update that actually...
  8. Windows 10 font is awful

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 font is awful: Hello, I just got upgraded to Windows 10 and the system font that is on Outlook 10 and my folders sidebar is horrible. It's Segoe and for a person who has to use magnifier glasses, it looks so faded and is hard to read. From doing online research, there doesn't seem to be a...
  9. Awful Windows Support

in Windows 10 Customization
    Awful Windows Support: I am still trying to get Microsoft to fix issues with Windows 10 1809, in particular after the upgrade and am unsuccessful after waiting for a few months I believe now. I finally called again on 2/11/19 and a new case was given for an old issue because Microsoft had no record...
  10. Windows 10 is awful

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 is awful: Dear community, Please tell me why we put up with this sub-par operation system. I've just recently received a massive update - that shut my computer down while I was working, mind you - and now my PC cannot open a new folder, will white out a window if I so much as click...