Windows 10: Windows 10 Microsoft Licence

Discus and support Windows 10 Microsoft Licence in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey all! So, I've been looking for a new laptop and found this one.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Zach Adams, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Microsoft Licence

Hey all!

So, I've been looking for a new laptop and found this one.

https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/NBKLEN14514/Lenovo-Ideapad-S145-Laptop-156-AMD-A9-9425-8GB-512

All is well, until I discovered it had Windows 10 Home SMode, which is a locked down version. I don't want this version, but don't want to buy another licence. I also found that my microsoft account "supposedly" had a licence linked to it.

If I signed in to my microsoft account on the new computer, would the version change from Windows 10 Home SMode to a normal version, one without S Mode?

Also, how do I check what license is linked to my microsoft account?

Thanks,

:)

Zach Adams, Oct 6, 2019

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Pehla Win User

Windows 10 Microsoft Licence

windows 10 licencing and image backup??

i lost one genuine licence that i got for being a insider..,i added one more ssd to my pc and wanted to do a fresh install in raid 0 but that just didnt work as my pc didnt want to activate,even after talking to a microsoft help desk didnt find solution!! so afterwards i used cracked windows 8.1 and upgraded to windows 10 and that activation is still on my pc,and is still genuine *Smile Windows 10 Microsoft Licence :)
    i wanted to keep that one but i gues its not just motherboard...,its motherboard AND cpu!!!

Pehla, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Microsoft Licence

1. Windows 10 Microsoft Licence - Similar Threads - Microsoft Licence

2. I redeemed the microsoft licence to a wrong account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I redeemed the microsoft licence to a wrong account: By error, I redeemed the microsoft licence to another account, how can I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-redeemed-the-microsoft-licence-to-a-wrong/a59ed757-9fd0-4a2c-b6ca-4616da209ef1
  3. I redeemed the microsoft licence to a wrong account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I redeemed the microsoft licence to a wrong account: By error, I redeemed the microsoft licence to another account, how can I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-redeemed-the-microsoft-licence-to-a-wrong/a59ed757-9fd0-4a2c-b6ca-4616da209ef1
  4. my dextop pc windows is activated with a digital licence linked my microsoft account but...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    my dextop pc windows is activated with a digital licence linked my microsoft account but...: my dextop pc windows is activated with a digital licence linked my microsoft account but same account can't active my laptop what's the sollution?...
  5. my dextop pc windows is activated with a digital licence linked my microsoft account but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my dextop pc windows is activated with a digital licence linked my microsoft account but...: my dextop pc windows is activated with a digital licence linked my microsoft account but same account can't active my laptop what's the sollution?...
  6. my dextop pc windows is activated with a digital licence linked my microsoft account but...

7. How can I track licences purchased, activated and yet to be activated in personal Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I track licences purchased, activated and yet to be activated in personal Microsoft...: I purchased a full Win 11 Pro licence from the MS.com.au website and used the product key to activate a VM, which was successful and I could see the VM appear in Devices in my account. I then accidentally deleted the VM, removed it from the Device listing in my account and I...
  8. How can I track licences purchased, activated and yet to be activated in personal Microsoft...

How can I track licences purchased, activated and yet to be activated in personal Microsoft...: I purchased a full Win 11 Pro licence from the MS.com.au website and used the product key to activate a VM, which was successful and I could see the VM appear in Devices in my account. I then accidentally deleted the VM, removed it from the Device listing in my account and I...
  9. I want to close my microsoft account. What happens to my product licences?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want to close my microsoft account. What happens to my product licences?: I have multiple product licenses for things like office, windows 10, etc.If I close my microsoft account what happens to my product licenses?Can I still reinstall and/or activate the product I purchased?Can I get the product activation codes?Will I be able to install and...
  10. I want to close my microsoft account. What happens to my product licences?

I want to close my microsoft account. What happens to my product licences?: I have multiple product licenses for things like office, windows 10, etc.If I close my microsoft account what happens to my product licenses?Can I still reinstall and/or activate the product I purchased?Can I get the product activation codes?Will I be able to install and...