Windows 10: Windows 10 - Microsoft Messenger (Metro App)

Discus and support Windows 10 - Microsoft Messenger (Metro App) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Question, My last update was yesterday. Therefore why are the file stamps for this app, for today? To provide some context, at just after 5pm,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MichaelKeay, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - Microsoft Messenger (Metro App)

Question,

My last update was yesterday.

Therefore why are the file stamps for this app, for today?

To provide some context, at just after 5pm, mytime, the was brief but noticeable "refresh" across the screen. It is the sort of refresh, one see when they install apps.

So while I was waiting for another task to complete, I though I would investigate the matter.

I went into update, and sorted the apps by install date. Low and behold MS Messaging App was top of the list with today date. I have checked inside the WindowsApp directory - again timestamped today with a date and time when I saw the "refresh".

I am concerned, for some fairly obvious reasons. I take my privacy and security very seriously.

I am currently running a Defender Scan. But in the interim, would someone from Microsoft explain how this application was able to "install" today when I made no such attempt to do so.

Please do not fob with glib comments. I am not a stupid person. I expect a detailed response.

:)

MichaelKeay, Feb 20, 2019

2. Windows Messenger Confirmation Email

No It didnt appear in my spam box but I updated to Windows live Messenger which sent the confirmation email and also verified windows messenger. Ty everyone for there suggestions

Warlord213, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Facebook and Messenger app not showing notifications

We appreciate you for providing the information to us.

If the Messenger app doesn't show on the list under Notifications & Actions, it's possible that there are too many apps that are using the push notification. There is a limit to the number of apps you have installed that has push notifications enabled. You
    may consider removing other apps that are not in use and check if it helps.

In addition, you can also try to check the Default App for Protocol to prioritize Messenger as the default. To do this, follow the steps listed below:

• Type Default app settings in the Search bar.
    • Click Choose default apps by protocol.
    • Look for the Messenger app then click on it.
    • Restart PC and check if it works.
    Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 - Microsoft Messenger (Metro App)

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Microsoft Messenger (Metro App)

1. Windows 10 - Microsoft Messenger (Metro App) - Similar Threads - Microsoft Messenger Metro

2. Windows Messenger App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Messenger App: Broken again! Freezes won't load and crashes! Happens after windows updates. Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 17/05/2023 12:04:21 Event ID: 1000 Task Category: Application Crashing Events Level: Error Keywords: User: DESKTOP-50S8R33\.... Computer:...
  3. Windows Messenger App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Messenger App: Broken again! Freezes won't load and crashes! Happens after windows updates. Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 17/05/2023 12:04:21 Event ID: 1000 Task Category: Application Crashing Events Level: Error Keywords: User: DESKTOP-50S8R33\.... Computer:...
  4. Metro Apps not installed

Metro Apps not installed: Hi there, I used to have a problem where metro apps wouldn't open, so I did an in-place upgrade of Windows 10. After the upgrade finished, the metro apps just didn't exist, I couldn't find them via search or settings, and whenever I use the PowerShell commands it just says...
  5. windows 10 messenger app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows 10 messenger app: windows 10 messenger app sends me a 6-digit authentication code and upon entering, it rejects the code as incorrect. I have tried this numerous times and always returns with the incorrect message...are there any suggestions out there as to what might be the problem here, or...
  6. Windows 10 Facebook Messenger App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Facebook Messenger App: I tried logging into the Facebook Messenger app today on my laptop and I keep getting the incorrect password message, even though I have reset my password multiple times already. The app was working fine on my desktop before this issue happened, and now I log on to the app on...
  7. Windows 10 messenger app not working

Windows 10 messenger app not working: Messenger on my windows not working at all it's crash sometimes at: -messenger logo -loading form -loading chats -opening chat -where it sent to back or minimize to taskbar I tried the following solutions: -reset -uninstall then reinstall -install messenger beta but...
  8. Windows 10 metro apps wont open

Windows 10 metro apps wont open: [img] 21342
  9. Remove Windows 10 Metro Apps

Remove Windows 10 Metro Apps: Hi, Even using :: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage :: will leave some apps there, I need to decide if I should remove them manually or not, but I don't know what they do and are they vital? So please help me by letting me know what's each one? Cheers....
  10. Windows 10 - Microsoft (Metro) apps invisible in Settings and Taskbar

Windows 10 - Microsoft (Metro) apps invisible in Settings and Taskbar: when I open Settings - Apps & features I can't see the icons of Microsoft Corporation, neither in my taskbar, I only see a blank square with pixels, see below my example. However, they are visible in the Start Menu How to solve this problem. Thank in advance for the...