Windows 10: Windows 10 / Microsoft Office scroll bouncing effect - How to disable it?

Discus and support Windows 10 / Microsoft Office scroll bouncing effect - How to disable it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 on my laptop Lenovo T480 and mainly observed in Excel (and the Office package in general) there is specific scroll bounce when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Unkhnown, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 / Microsoft Office scroll bouncing effect - How to disable it?

I am using Windows 10 on my laptop Lenovo T480 and mainly observed in Excel (and the Office package in general) there is specific scroll bounce when you try to scroll above/below or sideways of a Excel sheet. I have found a short gif showing the exact issue - https://imgur.com/a/epsgqIV . I have tried several possible solutions, however nothing works by far.

- Check/enable the advance option "Disable hardware graphics acceleration" in Excel - No effect.

- In "\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Graphics" I have created "DisableAnimations" with "1" value, but also no effect.

- In "\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Wisp\Touch" I have adjusted/modified the "Bouncing" element to "0", however still no effect.

I have searched in Google for couple of hours but still no working solution. Do you have any idea how to fix this and disable the bouncing effect ?

Thank you.

submitted by /u/Unkhnown
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Unkhnown, Nov 12, 2019

2. How to disable bounce over scroll effect in windows phone

I'm usin HTC mobile having windows OS 8. The problem is I need to open my companies website which is not mobile compatible and have MOUSE OVER menus. This site is working good in android based phone
    but due to over scroll "bounce" effect in windows operating system, I can't open menus in website.

Can I disable this "bounce" effect so that i can pull down the menu to excess sub menu?

Or is there any other browser which can open mouse over menus of websites?

Nauman Umar, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Certain window items bounce on Scrolling

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know if your touchpad functionality is fine other than the mentioned issue?

As you are facing issues with scroll options in few of the applications on Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to change the mouse & touchpad settings and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type mouse
      and select Mouse & touchpad settings.
    • Choose appropriately with the following options and check if the issue persists.
    • Roll the mouse wheel to scroll
    • Choose how many lines to scroll each time

Method 2:

Step 1: As you are using touchpad, I suggest you to use different mouse to different ports and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Windows 10 / Microsoft Office scroll bouncing effect - How to disable it?

Office disables Windows animations

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This can happen when Windows tries to choose performance over display/graphic effects. I would request you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Disable hardware acceleration in Office

1. Start any Office program.
    1. On the File tab, click Options.
    2. In the Options dialog box, click Advanced.
    3. In the list of available options, click to select the Disable hardware graphics acceleration check box.

Method 2: Update the graphic drivers: Please follow the steps mentioned in the article:

Update drivers in Windows 10
    to update the graphic drivers.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 / Microsoft Office scroll bouncing effect - How to disable it?

1. Windows 10 / Microsoft Office scroll bouncing effect - How to disable it? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Office scroll

2. how do I disable Microsoft Office updates on a windows 10 pro laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I disable Microsoft Office updates on a windows 10 pro laptop?: How do I disable Microsoft Office updates on a windows 10 pro laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-microsoft-office-updates-on-a/5ae70615-4902-473e-83d5-c748da6bb9c1
  3. How to Enable or Disable Transparency effects in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Transparency effects in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Transparency has been adding to the appeal of the Windows series of operating systems. If you wish to enable or disable the windows and surface Transparency effects in Windows 11, please read through this article for the procedure. Transparency effects are enabled by...
  4. How to disable Inactive Scrolling in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Inactive Scrolling in Windows 10: Microsoft has introduced one of the most polarizing features in Windows 10, Inactive Scrolling. Before the introduction of this feature, you would have to select a window to activate it, and then only could you scroll through the content. However, with this feature enabled,...
  5. Wierd Scroll in microsoft office apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wierd Scroll in microsoft office apps: i use 2 finger touchpad scroll in ms word 365 i noticed that when scrolling the whole yep the WHOLE window moves up or down<according to scroll> is this normal? i aalso noticed if i use it in microsoft store app the cursor changes to a point and the scroll works in a...
  6. Windows 10 is disabling Microsoft Office Click-to-run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is disabling Microsoft Office Click-to-run: After booting my PC, Windows 10 is disabling Microsoft Office Click-to-run. It occurs each time I boot the system. I found that Windows sets this service as disabled so I have to move into the Services Module and reset it to Automatic each time when I start the PC...
  7. How can I disable horizontal scrolling for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I disable horizontal scrolling for Windows 10?: I use a USB mouse, and whenever I try to scroll down, the scroll wheel acts as the forward/back buttons. I've tried to fix it in the mouse settings menu, but the lowest I can set it to is 1. Is there any way I can disable this feature?...
  8. How Microsoft Measures Effectiveness of Malware for Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    How Microsoft Measures Effectiveness of Malware for Office 365: At Ignite, Microsoft reasserted its focus on cybersecurity across three key themes: security operations for you, enterprise-class technology, and driving partnerships for a heterogenous world. Office 365 threat protection capabilities are built on these themes, with services...
  9. How to disable the "type letter" effect?

in Browsers and Email
    How to disable the "type letter" effect?: Update: I just needed to press F7 to disable it! Curse that F7! *Tongue So recently this 'thing' appeared again and I would like to disable it because it's kind of annoying seeing it on non-typeable places. Here's a screenshot: [img] 46401
  10. windows 10 photo viewer, get rid of scroll effect ?

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 photo viewer, get rid of scroll effect ?: Hey all, so i installed windows 10 home on a new ssd from scratch, all is going great except the image viewer is making me a bit dizzy from the scrolling while viewing images. i'm thinking there must be a way to disable that effect when changing pictures and just have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disabled touch bounce in registry but still bouncing

2. disable bouncing effect in touchpad in windows 10