Windows 10: Windows 10 Microsoft Security Essentials is incompatible with this version of Windows...

Discus and support Windows 10 Microsoft Security Essentials is incompatible with this version of Windows... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I found many users have stumbled with the issue with “MicrosoftSecurity Essential is incompatible with this version of windows “,mainly happens users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RicardoMC Grath, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Microsoft Security Essentials is incompatible with this version of Windows...

I found many users have stumbled with the issue with “MicrosoftSecurity Essential is incompatible with this version of windows “,mainly happens users who upgrades windows 7 to Windows 10.

OnMicrosoft community it seems many users with same issues ofinformation with proposing how to solve without finally success, evenif tried with “MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab”it only remove Microsoft Security Client and others components, even if try with “mseremoval.bat” same result and what ever try to doit it come over and over with; “Microsoft Security Essential isincompatible with this version of windows “

Butafter spending time for nothing I found common point, which is referto an executable file called “MSASCuiL.exe” this file it doesn’texist on ProgramFiles\Windows Defender and is set to run on

windowsregistry path“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run”.

Themost strange if deleted from the registry after reboot it recover,so clearly it could be bug and it need to reviewed by Microsoft.

Windows 10 Microsoft Security Essentials is incompatible with this version of Windows... 8038aed7-3e8c-4c0d-921d-e5073e6bf345?upload=true.png

:)

RicardoMC Grath, Apr 18, 2021
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Lists Programs That are Incompatible With Windows Vista SP1

Microsoft has published a list of programs that are currently incompatible with Windows Vista SP1 "Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista is an important update for Windows Vista. Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) contains many security, reliability, and feature updates for Windows Vista. A program may experience a loss of functionality after you install Windows Vista SP1. However, most programs will continue to work as expected after you install Windows Vista SP1."

Windows Vista SP1 Incompatible Programs

Source: Guru3D

malware, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Windows Defender versus Microsoft Security Essentials

Hi Bryan,

Microsoft Security Essentials was upgraded to Windows defender and it was a default security software from Windows 8. You cannot have both as they are one.

Since you get this annoying popup at the startup i suggest you to disable any Microsoft Security Essentials entries in Startup tab.

• Open the Task manager. by pressing Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • click on Startup tab
    • Right click on Microsoft Security Essentials entry and click on Disable.

Restart the computer and check if that helps.

Waseemulla S, Apr 18, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Microsoft Security Essentials is incompatible with this version of Windows...

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Windows 10 Microsoft Security Essentials is incompatible with this version of Windows... capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Microsoft Security Essentials is incompatible with this version of Windows...

1. Windows 10 Microsoft Security Essentials is incompatible with this version of Windows... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Security Essentials

2. Windows 10 Microsoft Security Essentials is incompatible with this version of Windows...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Microsoft Security Essentials is incompatible with this version of Windows...: I found many users have stumbled with the issue with “Microsoft Security Essential is incompatible with this version of windows “, mainly happens users who upgrades windows 7 to Windows 10. On Microsoft community it seems many users with same issues of information with...
  3. Microsoft Security essential windows 10.

Microsoft Security essential windows 10.: Hello, good evening, I am using win 10 pro, I was using Kaspersky Internet security on my Pc, Now I decided to use Windows 10 Security essential, could you please confirm that windows security essential is good enough to protect my pc from online security like...
  4. Your version of microsoft security essentials is incompatible Windows 10

Your version of microsoft security essentials is incompatible Windows 10: I'm having this problem, my windows security is keep on turning off and I tried to follow some instruction that I need to uninstall MSE but MSE is currently not installed to my computer. * Moved from Windows 10/Security * "Windows 10" added to title...
  5. your version of microsoft security essentials is incompatible

your version of microsoft security essentials is incompatible: I'm having this problem, my windows security is keep on turning off and I tried to follow some instruction that I need to uninstall MSE but MSE is currently not installed to my computer....
  6. microsoft security essentials

microsoft security essentials: How do i uninstall when it wont let me i get error code 0x80070643 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials/d810d3bf-9073-4ec7-a57a-4260a3b4f278
  7. microsoft security essentials

microsoft security essentials: I am seeing yellow for my "MSE" i am "trying to scan it so i clicked on a quick scan it still showing yellow so I take it that did not work. My question is in the settings where it says "run a scheduled scan" well the boxes are checked (i have no idea why or what anything I...
  8. microsoft security essentials

microsoft security essentials: microsoft security essentials error code0x8004FF71 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials/2a768835-d2a8-42ff-bf8f-a729032a2020
  9. Is Microsoft Security Essentials available on Windows 10?

Is Microsoft Security Essentials available on Windows 10?: I use MSE on my Windows 7 System. I enable real-time monitoring and do a weekly scan. I prefer it over any of the 3rd party products (Mc***, W*Bro*****,No***N.) I'm new to Windows 10. Is MSE pre-loaded? Thanks....
  10. Microsoft Security Essentials

Microsoft Security Essentials: Today I find that the Security Essentials program keeps shutting down. I have tried to restart it several times just to have it shut down moments later. What is the problem?...