Windows 10: Windows 10 Microsoft Store Quitting Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Microsoft Store Quitting Issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I upgraded Windows 8.1 pro to Windows 10, the Microsoft Store only worked for once and then it would never get started, it quits each time I try to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lanmeiyu123, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Microsoft Store Quitting Issue

I upgraded Windows 8.1 pro to Windows 10, the Microsoft Store only worked for once and then it would never get started, it quits each time I try to run it. I only cancelled a game download from the Store before this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNj...Teet-wkrbeVbnQ

What is going on? Is there a solution to this?

:)

lanmeiyu123, Jul 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 Microsoft Store Quitting Issue

I need help now!

liamcrazygamer, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Microsoft Store Quitting Issue

Sorry this reply took so long, I am checking the oldest posts. This procedure fixed my store not opening.

Read the first link in my reply.

This process fixed several issues on my computer including Mail App issues.

*****************************************************************************************

New repair process for Windows 10 PC Mail App problems.

After my Original Upgrade to Windows 10, I had problems found by

SFC /SCANNOW that could not be repaired by SFC or DISM. Now my SFC scans are CLEAN.

Use this ISO file repair install, link to the process. (Keep your files and Apps)

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

After the process I did the following. I checked for and installed Windows Updates.

I had to right click on my clock (bottom right of Desktop) and change it to the correct time zone.

I also had to open my Mail App and for each email account I opened SETTINGS then OPTIONS and CHECKED the BANNERS and SOUNDS boxes (they were unchecked).

Now my EMAIL notifications are working perfectly.

The ISO file repair install could be the solution to the EMAIL NOTIFICATION problems.

The only problem I found was that MBAM would not open in my User Account. I used the MBAM uninstall tool then reinstalled MBAM. Everything works fine now. THANK YOU.

Perhaps I should have Uninstalled MBAM before doing the Windows 10 Repair Install. I left Windows Defender running with no problems. The Windows 10 Repair Install clearly states remove any third party Anti-Virus program before running the procedure.

Link to MBAM clean uninstall and reinstall process.

MBAM Clean Removal Process 2.x

Don't forget to check for updates, reset your time zone and go to Mail App settings > options and check banners and sounds when you are finished. Doing a Restart would also be a good idea after everything else.

If you have success with this process please post a reply to let others know.

DavidG_908, Jul 30, 2015
  4. nacunis Win User

Windows 10 Microsoft Store Quitting Issue

I am a windows insider. I have been complaining about their "modern apps" failures for 6 months now. Most people tried to shut me up by saying they were test releases. But as we got closer and closer, I escalated more and more including Satya Nadella and Gabe Aul. They seemed to come out with bandaid fixes but never addressed the root cause. While the store is likely to stabilize over time, you can look forward to problems with other modern apps like "People", "Microsoft Money (Finance)", and other apps that are the ones generally supporting live tiles. Mail and calendar have not been resistant to this problem. While I suspect that data in your users/appdata folder is getting corrupted, windows folks in Redmond have been keeping mum about this issue. So sorry for your experience with Windows 10. I can tell you that classic apps seems to be pretty rock solid. In my opinion, only when Microsoft starts debugging with tracing and a sniffer on their network do they have a chance of resolving this. My experience is that they keep recoding and hope it goes away. Best of luck!

nacunis, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Microsoft Store Quitting Issue

1. Windows 10 Microsoft Store Quitting Issue - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Quitting

2. Microsoft Windows Store Issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Windows Store Issue: When I tried reinstalling Microsoft Windows Store using WindowsPowerShell it is showing me an error as:Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered. error 0x80073CFC: While processing the request, the system failed to register...
  3. Microsoft Windows Store Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows Store Issue: When I tried reinstalling Microsoft Windows Store using WindowsPowerShell it is showing me an error as:Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered. error 0x80073CFC: While processing the request, the system failed to register...
  4. Microsoft Windows Store Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft store and apps quit working after latest update

Microsoft store and apps quit working after latest update: I have lost access to my Apps, can't get to the Microsoft Store, even the Help App tries to start then shuts down. This occurred after the June 8th updates.I don't know if this can be solved--...
  6. Windows 10 ARM issues with Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 ARM issues with Microsoft Store: Does anyone testing Windows 10 ARM have the issue that the Microsoft Store app doesn't open? There is a window popping up for a fraction of a second. I tried already the tricks mentioned on other website like wsreset or reinstalling using PowerShell or even resetting the VM....
  7. Windows 10 Microsoft Store Tab Issues

Windows 10 Microsoft Store Tab Issues: I can only see the "Home" tab and a disabled back button in the Microsoft Store in Windows 10. Any ways to fix this issue? Microsoft Store was updated today and this happened. [IMG]...
  8. Microsoft Store issues

Microsoft Store issues: I can't install any thing from the store on to my PC but I can onto my system. whenever I try to install a game it tells me there was a problem on our end and keeps doing so even after I reset the app and my PC. I tried signing out and back in and got the same thing. If...
  9. Purchasing issues in Microsoft Store (Windows 10)

Purchasing issues in Microsoft Store (Windows 10): Whenever I try to make a purchase from the Microsoft store I get the following error "Something went wrong error 0x8007139f" I cannot even use a prepaid gift card that is in my account. Suggestions/help gratefully appreciated...
  10. Microsoft Store Issue

Microsoft Store Issue: I just downloaded Windows 10 yesterday and I am encountering a problem with the Microsoft Store. I am trying to download a few apps. When I am on the app page, I click the "Free" button, which I assume is the download button, and nothing happens. I don't get any error...