Windows 10: Windows 10 microsoft USB installation error - file missing

Discus and support Windows 10 microsoft USB installation error - file missing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have purchased a new windows 10 home edition USB (Microsoft). Installing on a barebones PC it starts to install, I select 64 bit, it comes up with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaveWhxxx, Jan 3, 2019.

1. DaveWhxxx Win User

Windows 10 microsoft USB installation error - file missing

I have purchased a new windows 10 home edition USB (Microsoft).

Installing on a barebones PC it starts to install, I select 64 bit, it comes up with error 0xc000025 file missing/corrupt.

File: \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe, it will not continue even after a restart.

This is the first screen to appear and it will not proceed further.

What do I do. Regards

:)

DaveWhxxx, Jan 3, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 3, 2019
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Windows 10 microsoft USB installation error - file missing

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 microsoft USB installation error - file missing

1. Windows 10 microsoft USB installation error - file missing - Similar Threads - microsoft USB installation

2. Windows 10 USB Installation Error 0x8007025D Windows cannot install required files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 USB Installation Error 0x8007025D Windows cannot install required files: I own a DELL laptop. DELL Latitude E6510 with specs: core i5 M560 2.67GHz, 4GB RAM,300GB Hard disk and Integrated Intel HD Graphics. I started after I installed Windows 10 pro on my laptop which I recently bought from the store. But my laptop started to lag and it wasn't...
  3. Windows 10 USB Installation Error 0x8007025D Windows cannot install required files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 USB Installation Error 0x8007025D Windows cannot install required files: I own a DELL laptop. DELL Latitude E6510 with specs: core i5 M560 2.67GHz, 4GB RAM,300GB Hard disk and Integrated Intel HD Graphics. I started after I installed Windows 10 pro on my laptop which I recently bought from the store. But my laptop started to lag and it wasn't...
  4. Windows 10 USB Installation Error 0x8007025D Windows cannot install required files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 USB Install- Media Driver Missing

Windows 10 USB Install- Media Driver Missing: Hey y'all, I have been trying to fix this for a while now. When I try to install Windows on my new system, I get fed out the "Media driver missing" message. I have seen all the other people having this issue, and tried a ton of different responses. I have tried switching...
  6. Windows 10 Installation USB and Other Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Installation USB and Other Files: I have made a usb with mediacreationtool, and i have made a clean 20h2 windows10 install, i want to keep that usb because maybe i can use it at the future again. My usb is 29,7gb and there is 25,5gb free space on it. I wonder can I save other files in this USB drive (other...
  7. Installing Windows 10 from USB - Drivers Missing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Windows 10 from USB - Drivers Missing: Hey everyone, I just recently upgraded my old Dell Inspiron with some new hardware. Here are the specs: ASUS Prime B540M-A Motherboard AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics WD 2TB Hard Drive Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB RAM All the other parts were included with the...
  8. windows 10 usb error in install process

windows 10 usb error in install process: Hello Community, I am installing windows 10 on my PC build. At 9% into getting required files, i get the error Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Makes sure that all files required for installation are avaliable and restart the...
  9. missing file message on Windows 10 install

missing file message on Windows 10 install: Just tried to install a non-upgrade, full version of Windows 10 Pro from a factory USB on a new SSD in a single boot desktop. After downloading the files an error message popped up: the install is missing a required file or is corrupted. The file is...
  10. windows 10 instal tool on usb error

windows 10 instal tool on usb error: I have tried twice now and I keep getting an error of 0x80042405-0xA001A https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-instal-tool-on-usb-error/9e02610d-c622-4cda-b481-f343031ac832

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 usb missing file

2. windows 10 install usb missing files