Windows 10: Windows 10: Microsoft will restrict Timeline feature for everyone in July

Discus and support Windows 10: Microsoft will restrict Timeline feature for everyone in July in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In April of this year, Microsoft revealed that users in Windows 10 preview builds won’t be able to upload new activity in Timeline if they sync their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 24, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10: Microsoft will restrict Timeline feature for everyone in July

In April of this year, Microsoft revealed that users in Windows 10 preview builds won’t be able to upload new activity in Timeline if they sync their activities across devices. In the preview builds, Microsoft has already disabled support for Windows Timeline activity history.

It appears that Windows 10 October 2020 Update is also losing the feature in July, as per updated documentation.

Windows Timeline was originally added to Windows with the Fall Creators Update in 2018, and it allows users to manage their activities on their machine. Timeline is part of Windows 10’s Task View feature and it uses cards layout to allow users to quickly re-engage with apps across Windows 10 and Microsoft services.

In a new support document, which was updated earlier this month, Microsoft says that users on Windows 10 October 2020 Update won’t be able to upload new activity in Timeline if they use a Microsoft account.

Microsoft is restricting Timeline activities to the local machine for the general public and the future of Timeline is uncertain. Previously, this change was limited to the preview builds of Windows 10 version 21H2.

“Starting in July 2021, if you have your activity history synced across your devices through your Microsoft account (MSA), you’ll no longer have the option to upload new activity in Timeline,” Microsoft noted in a new support document, which was updated earlier this month and discovered by us over the weekend.

Windows Timeline’s cross-device sync ability was once dubbed “Pick Up Where You Left Off” and Microsoft’s broader plan was to sync activities created on one device with another PC or mobile device using Cortana and other services like Microsoft Launcher.

Windows 10: Microsoft will restrict Timeline feature for everyone in July Windows-10-Timeline.jpg

On Android, Timeline syncing was possible through the Microsoft Launcher app, but as we reported in 2020, the Timeline section was quietly removed from the Launcher.

While the cross-device sync feature is going away, Microsoft has clarified that it is not removing the Timeline interface in Windows 10 and the cross-device sync feature will work for those with AAD account.

“You’ll still be able to use Timeline and see your activity history (information about recent apps, websites and files) on your local device. AAD-connected accounts won’t be impacted,” the support document reads.

“Timeline and all your local activity history still remain on Windows 10,” the company explained.

The AAD refers to enterprise and education customers with an AAD account.

If you still want to sync your activities across your devices, Microsoft recommends using products like Chromium Edge, Office and OneDrive.

The post Windows 10: Microsoft will restrict Timeline feature for everyone in July appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 24, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft is introducing a new feature called Timeline

More here: Microsoft 'Timeline' for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update lets you rewind open apps and documents | Windows Central

Brink, May 24, 2021
  3. Tony K Win User
    Microsoft is introducing a new feature called Timeline

More here: Microsoft 'Timeline' for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update lets you rewind open apps and documents | Windows Central

Tony K, May 24, 2021
  4. Uplink10 Win User

Microsoft to Celebrate Windows 10 Launch Around the World on July 29

I didn't know Microsoft had any fans.

Uplink10, May 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10: Microsoft will restrict Timeline feature for everyone in July - Similar Threads - Microsoft restrict Timeline

2. Taskbar Features Timeline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Features Timeline: So firstly let me say that I love the new Windows 11 aesthetic. It looks fantastic. That being said, why have so many features been removed from taskbar customization and is there a timeline for when they will return? Biggest one so far me is button grouping. Why is there no...
  3. Taskbar Features Timeline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Features Timeline: So firstly let me say that I love the new Windows 11 aesthetic. It looks fantastic. That being said, why have so many features been removed from taskbar customization and is there a timeline for when they will return? Biggest one so far me is button grouping. Why is there no...
  4. Microsoft is winding down another Windows 10 feature, the Timeline

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft is winding down another Windows 10 feature, the Timeline: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/-protonsandneutrons- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqxprp/microsoft_is_winding_down_another_windows_10/
  5. windows 10 Timeline feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 Timeline feature: The Windows Timeline feature seems to be fractured someway on my Laptop. It displays a record only a daily Daily mail icon which i browse but no other activities. I have checked the Privacy settings and everything is as it should be All the updates are loaded and...
  6. Microsoft is reportedly bringing Windows 10 Timeline feature to web

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is reportedly bringing Windows 10 Timeline feature to web: Microsoft is working on bringing Windows 10 Timeline feature to the web. Windows 10 Timeline coming to the web means that users will be able to access the Timeline activities from Microsoft’s website. Microsoft introduced Timeline with Windows 10 April 2018 Update or Windows...
  7. Microsoft Launcher gets the Timeline feature and it syncs with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Launcher gets the Timeline feature and it syncs with Windows 10: The wait is finally over. Microsoft today released a new update for Microsoft Launcher on Android that adds support for the highly-anticipated Timeline feature. You will now see the Windows 10 activities on your Android’s phone timeline screen and you can tap on any item to...
  8. Microsoft Store for Windows 10 is getting subscription and Timeline features

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store for Windows 10 is getting subscription and Timeline features: Microsoft has been trying to make the Microsoft Store (formerly known as Windows Store) the one destination for everything the users need on Windows 10. You can get apps, games, books, music, extensions, themes, fonts and even buy subscriptions from the Microsoft Store....
  9. Windows Timeline feature

Windows Timeline feature: [ATTACH] not able to see previous apps on the new timeline feature only current apps are being shown. I have synced my Email id too through privacy settings...
  10. Windows 10 TimeLine Feature is not working

Windows 10 TimeLine Feature is not working: How do I enable Activities History so I can use the TimeLine Feature?. I researched this and the advice is: Go to Settings / Privacy and Enable Activities History I am not seeing Activities History anywhere on my Windows 10 Settings Panel You can see a screen...