Windows 10: Windows 10 Microsoft & Xbox Account "Something Went Wrong" Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Microsoft & Xbox Account "Something Went Wrong" Issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've got a persistent and consistent problem in using my Microsoft Account in any of the Windows Apps, including windows itself. I logged into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chaostime, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Chaostime Win User

Windows 10 Microsoft & Xbox Account "Something Went Wrong" Issue

Hi,

I've got a persistent and consistent problem in using my Microsoft Account in any of the Windows Apps, including windows itself.

I logged into my PC to a Notification Center message that my Microsoft Account needed to be updated, and it took me to the settings page where it asked me to re-authorize my account as my password had been changed elsewhere.

When I attempted to update the password the app asked me to select which account I was updating, then when I chose my account and it moved on to the next step I was met with the message "Something went wrong" as shown below.

Windows 10 Microsoft & Xbox Account "Something Went Wrong" Issue 6c698b0e-4e52-4658-b922-b1d68f25cb43?upload=true.png

I then attempted to log into the Xbox app, and the same happened again.

I've ensured that my installation of Windows 10 is up to date in case that was the problem, but it still persists.

Any help would be appreciated.

Information:

Windows 10 Microsoft & Xbox Account "Something Went Wrong" Issue ac53cc0b-8939-4879-9830-54e36c7841bd?upload=true.png Windows 10 Microsoft & Xbox Account "Something Went Wrong" Issue 7728b4ce-fdaf-416e-9639-84e9aad66ee5?upload=true.png

:)

Chaostime, Mar 16, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Microsoft & Xbox Account "Something Went Wrong" Issue :(

Zakin, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 16, 2019
  4. JoranNZ Win User

Synchronisation issue between Microsoft, Xbox app for Windows 10, and Xbox Live accounts (or profiles)

Hi,

I have the really painful issue with my son's profile:

• Microsoft account is fine, he is member of my family declared as a child, works fine with Windows 10 for PC
    • I had also to create an Xbox account from the Xbox app on Windows 10 to buy under his account Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta
    • We can access his Xbox Live information (Gamertag, etc...) from the Xbox app on Windows 10
    • We can sign in into the xbox.com website, but then any attempts to go the following account sub sections fails with the "Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened" error:
      • Friends
      • Xbox Settings (in fact any subsequent sub links after this one)
      • Redeem code
    • We cannot import is Xbox Live profile in our newly bought Xbox 360, this always end-up with the following error code: "your Xbox profile cannot be downloaded at this time" with the error code 801540A9
    This is really annoying, frustrating, and ... well disappointing !

Additional information:

• His little brother accounts are perfectly fine:
      • Also created as a child linked to our parent Microsoft account.
      • His Xbox Live profile was created form the xbox 360 itself and causes no issues
        • We did not do any purchase from the Xbox app on Windows 10.
    • I have already tried to remove my son's Microsoft account from our "family" under our parent's Microsoft account, and then re-associate his child account again with our parent's Microsoft account => unsuccessful :-(
    It really looks like the synchronisation between the user database used for Xbox app on Windows 10 and the user database used for the following applications are not syncing properly in one direction (Xbox app on Windows 10 towards
    other database):

• xbox.com account
    • xbox live user database for xbox 360 console
    Anyone from Microsoft around here to help with this, it really look like a common issue that has been and is still around for some time now.

JoranNZ, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Microsoft & Xbox Account "Something Went Wrong" Issue - Similar Threads - Microsoft Xbox Account

2. Something went wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something went wrong: I've had my PIN set up for quite some time and all the sudden I received a message that said my organization requires me to update my pin. This is a personal computer, it does not belong to any organization. Under the sign in options, Windows Hello Pin, I see a message that...
  3. Something went wrong.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong.: Hey guys i need help. What can i do if my pc keeps on saying something went wrong when trying to set up or change my pc pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/6ddb134d-ff79-4f73-8bf8-9b0fac361fc0
  4. "Something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Something went wrong": Hello,I'm trying to enter insider programme I've registered already for insider program.But when I go and click get started it shows this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/569df1e6-3ce2-4630-9e33-00ff156b8e2d
  5. Something went wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something went wrong?: hey i can't use windows insider program. before appeared to me "To manage the Windows Insider Program...you'll need to turn on optional diagnostic data" but i searched on google and found this solution...
  6. Something went wrong while sign in with a Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Something went wrong while sign in with a Microsoft account.: At first, I was using Windows 10 pro with version 2004. Then I joined Windows Insider Program in Settings to preview the latest version. After the required reboot, I didn't upgrade my windows rather than reset my computer to fix some small problems. The reset finished in...
  7. Microsoft account says something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft account says something went wrong: I just updated my laptop to windows 10, 1909 and when I try to sign in using my Microsoft account it says something went wrong and I can't even access Microsoft store...
  8. trying to sign to Microsoft account Something went wrong

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    trying to sign to Microsoft account Something went wrong: Can not do any thing with my computer. Every thing requires password which also say not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-sign-to-microsoft-account-something-went/fbcb73d8-67d2-4330-bb6d-33c21c4f32fc
  9. Sorry, something went wrong. Microsoft Rewards issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sorry, something went wrong. Microsoft Rewards issue: When I try to redeem a $5 Starbucks Gift Card, it gives me the following message: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. Please help....
  10. something went wrong microsoft account windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    something went wrong microsoft account windows 10: i just wanted to sign in to my account today but the only thing that it says "something went wrong" any solution?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/something-went-wrong-microsoft-account-windows-10/c944368d-fefc-423b-818a-c2ecedce5e79"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 failed to login to microsoft account oops something went wrong

2. xbox account is with the wrong windows account

3. windows 10 microsoft account something went wrong