Windows 10: Windows 10 might finally will let you open apps as browser tabs

Discus and support Windows 10 might finally will let you open apps as browser tabs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Way back in 2018, Microsoft announced a new Windows 10 feature called ‘Sets’ to blur the line between desktop apps and web pages. Sets are essentially... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 11, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 might finally will let you open apps as browser tabs

Way back in 2018, Microsoft announced a new Windows 10 feature called ‘Sets’ to blur the line between desktop apps and web pages. Sets are essentially tabs for File Explorer, Office, and every other app in Windows 10, so you could quickly open multiple apps in the same window.

The idea behind Sets was incredibly simple—organizing your work. With Sets, Windows 10 could provide users with the ability to organize their apps, documents, web browsing session, and tasks into one tabbed window.

In any version of Windows, you can only open one app within a window (the container), but Sets was set to add tabs into such window containers.

Sets would have allowed users to group apps, websites, and other information in tabs. For example, Sets would have allowed users to open multiple tabs of File Explorer in the same window, so you could quickly find and compare a file. You could also add Notepad to the File Explorer tab and jot down the information.

Windows 10 might finally will let you open apps as browser tabs File-Explorer-tabs.jpg

Windows 10 Sets feature was supposed to debut in 2018, but Microsoft reportedly stopped developing the feature as it was generally not well understood by testers.

If you thought tabs could now only be found in browsers, Windows Terminal, and third-party applications, think again. In Windows 10 v19577 SDK, the references to tabs are back and it looks like Microsoft is still working on Sets, or on a similar feature for some apps on Windows where it would make more sense.

The SDK includes references to WindowTab, WindowTabIcon, WindowTabManager, and WindowTabGroup, which suggests Windows 10 tab-based interface is still a thing and it could debut in preview builds soon.

When Microsoft first unveiled Sets, executives said the feature will support both UWP and Win32 apps. The feature also supports continuity, which means Microsoft will allow you to restore tab groups that you previously opened.

Windows 10 might finally will let you open apps as browser tabs Sets.jpg

The ambitious Windows 10 tabs interface was also supposed to sync and restore your app groups across desktop devices. In 2018, Microsoft said it would use the integration of Microsoft’s Timelines tool for Sets, so users could restore app groups across numerous platforms.

Windows Insiders have had access to Sets in 2018, so it’s likely that feature will first arrive for the Insiders if it ever gets finalized again.

The post Windows 10 might finally will let you open apps as browser tabs appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 11, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 11, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 might finally will let you open apps as browser tabs :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Windows 10 might finally will let you open apps as browser tabs

Open new tab / window in S60 browsers. 2 techniques

On my 5800 UK v5.0.005

1) Open web browser... brings up list of book marks

2) Options -> Go to -> New web page

3) enter www.newtab.co.uk, then press Go to

4) Press arrow icon in bottom-right

5) Options -> Subscribe to web feed

6) Select "New Tab"

That's the set up.. Now to use it

1) Open google.com

2) Select Options -> Go to -> Web feeds

3) Select "New tab" from the feeds list

4) Select "Open new tab" from list

5) Select "Open new tab" from top of web page

Now there are two windows

Try deleting the feed from your phone, then following those steps.. let me know how you get on

cpitchford, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 might finally will let you open apps as browser tabs

1. Windows 10 might finally will let you open apps as browser tabs - Similar Threads - might finally let

2. Why won’t Windows 11 let you display open apps & docs in tabs on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won’t Windows 11 let you display open apps & docs in tabs on the taskbar?: If you've never used taskbar tabs --- which display every open app and doc side-by-side --- imagine how you'd feel if your browser suddenly replaced all your tabs which tell you exactly which site is open "underneath" them with logos that required a mouse-over, a lengthy...
  3. Why won’t Windows 11 let you display open apps & docs in tabs on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won’t Windows 11 let you display open apps & docs in tabs on the taskbar?: If you've never used taskbar tabs --- which display every open app and doc side-by-side --- imagine how you'd feel if your browser suddenly replaced all your tabs which tell you exactly which site is open "underneath" them with logos that required a mouse-over, a lengthy...
  4. Too many browser tabs open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too many browser tabs open: I am having slow and freezing problems with edge and firefox browsers. I started opening task manager and checking the browsers. When I open 4 windows in firefox 3 of them will tell me firefox is already running and task manager might show 10-20 running and edge sometimes...
  5. Is it normal, that when you open a browser tab, 18 tabs are displayed in the Task-Manager?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it normal, that when you open a browser tab, 18 tabs are displayed in the Task-Manager?: Is it normal, that when you open a browser tab, 18 tabs are displayed in the Task-Manager?And the Antimalware Service Executable is taking up pretty much RAM.It's not the browser because it is the same thing with Google Chrome.*** in das englische Forum verschoben ***...
  6. Browser opens multiple tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser opens multiple tabs: When I open google to access the internet, it opens with 3 tabs. All say the webpage was not found or is unavailable. I can enter a new address into any three of the search bars and access the internet. I have set my google preferences to only open the google search page upon...
  7. How to open a Blank Tab or Page when you launch Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to open a Blank Tab or Page when you launch Edge browser: [ATTACH]When you open a new tab in the new Microsoft Edge (Chromium), it offers a rather personalized experience. You get to see an image of […] This article How to open a Blank Tab or Page when you launch Edge browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Windows 10 Home Will Finally Let You Pause Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home Will Finally Let You Pause Updates: "Only Windows 10 Professional users can pause Windows updates today, but that’s about to change. Windows 10 Home users will soon be able to pause updates ..." Source: Windows 10 Home Will Finally Let You Pause Updates Like throwing a bone. *really 124758
  9. New Tabs in Windows 10 Browsers Open in Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Tabs in Windows 10 Browsers Open in Background: As known in Windows 10 new tabs now open in the background. This drives me nuts since I prefer the old way whereby clicking a link automatically opens and take you to the new tab in the forefront. Is there anyway to reset Firefox and Edge so that tabs open in the foreground...
  10. Onedrive finally let's you sync folders shared by others

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive finally let's you sync folders shared by others: ... but it only supports syncing folders a user can edit. Still a big leap forward though. ... Also this feature is NOT enabled for Win8.1 onedrive apparently to herd people to Win10. Strangely enough Win7 or even Vista users ARE getting this feature. Add and sync...