Windows 10: Windows 10 might get a new cloud download option to reset PC

Discus and support Windows 10 might get a new cloud download option to reset PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you have a problem with your Windows 10 installation and need to factory reset the operating system, you have to do it with the built-in Settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 30, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 might get a new cloud download option to reset PC

If you have a problem with your Windows 10 installation and need to factory reset the operating system, you have to do it with the built-in Settings app or the Recovery partition that uses an image stored on the device.

The factor reset feature can be problematic as it could fail and throw up an error message due to the corrupted system image. It seems that Microsoft has figured out a new solution that should help users reset their PCs without using a local copy of Windows.

A future Windows 10 update could introduce a new option to perform a reinstall of the operating system. According to a recent leak, Microsoft is preparing an internet-powered cloud recovery option for Windows 10 that would allow users to reinstall the operating system using a system image stored in the cloud.

Windows 10 might get a new cloud download option to reset PC Reset-PC-page.jpg

Windows 10 will allow users to choose between cloud download and local reset. If the first option is selected, Windows will connect to the internet and attempt to download a fresh copy from the cloud (which could be Microsoft servers) and downloaded copy would power a reinstall of the existing Windows operating system.

It’s worth noting that the feature is not new entirely and Surface Hub already allows users to recover from the cloud.

The post Windows 10 might get a new cloud download option to reset PC appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 30, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 might get a new cloud download option to reset PC - Similar Threads - might cloud download

2. Unable to reset my pc through cloud download option ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reset my pc through cloud download option ?: Recently, I downloaded and installed a game from a non-trusted website on My PC, the game is full of malware and viruses which destroyed security services and I wanted to reset my pc remove everything with cloud download and I don't want to use local reinstall, I tried two...
  3. Unable to reset my pc through cloud download option ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset my pc through cloud download option ?: Recently, I downloaded and installed a game from a non-trusted website on My PC, the game is full of malware and viruses which destroyed security services and I wanted to reset my pc remove everything with cloud download and I don't want to use local reinstall, I tried two...
  4. Unable to reset my pc through cloud download option ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download

Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download: 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1023 This is a general question that's puzzled this old pensioner, I have no problem with a reset. When doing a Reset, I click on Recovery / Reset / Remove Everything / Cloud Download./ Wipe the Drive There is also the option to reinstall Windows using Local...
  6. Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download: 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1023 This is a general question that's puzzled this old pensioner, I have no problem with a reset. When doing a Reset, I click on Recovery / Reset / Remove Everything / Cloud Download./ Wipe the Drive There is also the option to reinstall Windows using Local...
  7. Can't reinstall using cloud download option when reset a pc

Can't reinstall using cloud download option when reset a pc: I've try so many way to test my pc health performance to see what is the problem causing the issue when reset the pc using cloud download. Whenever I use cloud download, it say unable to download. Please try again using local reinstall option. If anyone know how to fix this...
  8. Windows 10 reset using cloud download stuck on "resetting this PC"

Windows 10 reset using cloud download stuck on "resetting this PC": Resetting HP pavillion Laptop, less than a year old. Came with Windows 10 installed. Selected cloud download option leaving docs and files but removing apps. was completely updated prior to beginning. PC has been stuck on black screen with HP logo, spinning dots and...
  9. cloud downloading option is not coming in my windows reset

cloud downloading option is not coming in my windows reset: I want to reset my pc but cloud downloading option is not coming in my reset. please guide me through this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cloud-downloading-option-is-not-coming-in-my/e4867085-ad5e-439a-8277-ab188a7e1f83
  10. Windows 10 PC Reset Soon with Cloud Download option?

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 PC Reset Soon with Cloud Download option?: Windows 10 administrators may soon have a new cloud download option when it comes to resetting a PC running Windows 10. Microsoft added functionality to the company's Windows 10 operating system to reset the operating system. Admins may initiate a reset from within Windows...