Windows 10: Windows 10 might get a new font rendering system and color picker

Discus and support Windows 10 might get a new font rendering system and color picker in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After recent Windows 10 updates, managing fonts in Windows is a straightforward process as you can now use the new font management options in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 9, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 might get a new font rendering system and color picker

After recent Windows 10 updates, managing fonts in Windows is a straightforward process as you can now use the new font management options in the Settings app, but there’s always room for improvements.

Microsoft appears to be working on more feature-rich font manager and it could come next year via PowerToys. For those unaware, PowerToys is an open-source app created by a small group of talented developers at Microsoft and it gives users access to utilities in one go.

With PowerToys, you can obtain six-digit hexadecimal codes for colors using keyboard shortcut key combo Windows key + Shift + C. Similarly, you can use it to create windows layouts for multiple monitor setup and remap keyboard keys or change default shortcuts.

The next feature could be a new font rendering system and it could arrive next year, according to a new update posted in the roadmap of PowerToys. Microsoft says Windows is already great at supporting a vast amount of hardware, but this new feature could be useful for those who want their fonts to render differently.

With Windows 10’s upcoming font rendering system, Microsoft will help users customize the font appearance and those with higher resolution screens are going to like it.

If this feature is released, users will be able to change the default text rendering and force symmetric smoothing. For example, the letters will be smoothed and look sleek in large sizes, but the end result ultimately depends on how Microsoft will design the new text rendering options.

Color Picker is getting better

In addition, Microsoft is working on Color Picker v2 that will use Fluent Design including drop shadows for better contrast. It will also respect user theme and accent preference, thanks to the new theme aware API.

Windows 10 might get a new font rendering system and color picker Color-Picker.jpg

The new Color Picker will now allow users to pick a different shade of color with a single tap on the smaller rectangles, as shown in the above screenshot.

The new font rendering system, Color Picker and macOS-like cursor finder will be released next year with big PowerToys update.

The post Windows 10 might get a new font rendering system and color picker appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 9, 2020

2. Fonts color

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answer to the question below:

Are you trying to change the color of the system fonts? Or are you trying to change the color in a particular application?

I understand your query, to change the font color I suggest you to make few changes in the Personalization settings and check if that helps:

To do that,

1. Tap on Windows + I
    on the keyboard.

2. Click on the Personalization option.

3. Now click on Colors option.

4. Click on the preferred color from the list of colors.

We await your response.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 9, 2020
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Windows 10 might get a new font rendering system and color picker

Color picker

Hi, is there a color picker tool in Fresh Paint or Paint 3D to pick an existing color on the photo and place that color on another area of the photo? Thanks much.

TodKershner, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 might get a new font rendering system and color picker

1. Windows 10 might get a new font rendering system and color picker - Similar Threads - might font rendering

2. color picker

in Windows 10 Customization
    color picker: hello, It will be very usefull to have a windows tool with we could select a colour to have its hexdecimal code, or to pick the color into the clipboard to use in the apps. Samuel...
  3. Font rendering...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Font rendering...: Hey all. I spend the day working on my retina MacBook Pro after quite some time away working on Windows. My XPS has a 4k display and the fonts look horrendous. I mean, they are so thin and they truly disappear as they lack definition. I tried something called MacType which...
  4. resizing color picker in sketchable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    resizing color picker in sketchable: hi, I can move color picker but can no longer enlarge it Please help Thanks. Windows 10 on a surface pro 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resizing-color-picker-in-sketchable/ee47a7ae-229d-4320-adbc-267dfc68f01a
  5. How many system provided color pickers are in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How many system provided color pickers are in Windows 10?: I use Irfanview for my graphic work and the only drawback is that the "Tool" color picker is from Windows XP days and doesn't have hexadecimal output. Connected with the developer, and he asked if there are any more recent color pickers included in Windows to connect through...
  6. change system font to a darker color

change system font to a darker color: my system font is so light I can barely see it. before windows 10 I had a nice dark font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-system-font-to-a-darker-color/32f20999-ded5-4204-b0b1-781ef0a65fb0
  7. Is it possible to save 'custom colors' to the color picker ?

Is it possible to save 'custom colors' to the color picker ?: I would like to add and save colors to 'Custom colors' in the color picker (see below), so, the next time I need the color picker, my Custom colors' are there again. My experience is that those colors are just stored temporarily, probably for just one session, i.e. the...
  8. Color picker stuck on desktop, can't get rid of it.

Color picker stuck on desktop, can't get rid of it.: For some reason, this color picker is stuck on my desktop and I can't get rid of it. I can interact with it, and it stays behind windows. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Color picker

Color picker: Hi, is there a color picker tool in Fresh Paint or Paint 3D to pick an existing color on the photo and place that color on another area of the photo? Thanks much. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-picker/e26e9e01-706c-4593-be3c-5cbe54883c40
  10. Sub-standard font rendering in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sub-standard font rendering in Windows 10?: Hi All, Please forgive me if this subject has been discussed before and direct me to the right thread... I have tried hard to use W10 for my daily desktop OS but many things force me back to W7; one of these is the general font rendering in W10. I have tried this...