Windows 10: Windows 10 Migrating to a new System

Discus and support Windows 10 Migrating to a new System in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running Win10 latest build from an SSD with a second SSD for games, etc. I have just bought a new bare bones system: new mobo, CPU, ram, etc. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by James s Martin, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Migrating to a new System

I am running Win10 latest build from an SSD with a second SSD for games, etc.

I have just bought a new bare bones system: new mobo, CPU, ram, etc. I am going to put in my current GPU and SSDs.

Will I have to reinstall windows? Or will it boot from my current boot drive?

Will I need to wipe my "games" SSD and reinstall them?

Thanks in advance.

:)

James s Martin, Apr 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Teccmo Win User
    Need to migrate Windows 10 installation to new SSD , it's a mess.

MiniTool Disk Partition Screenshot

Windows 10 Migrating to a new System [​IMG]

RYZEN5-PC (2018-07-15 15 41).zip

I did the Diskpart step that SWI2 explained in post #14 and rebooted, but I still see drive D having the system label.

Windows 10 Migrating to a new System [​IMG]

Teccmo, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Migrating to a new System

AMD Athlon x2 4200+ based system migrating from w10 32bit to 64bit stuck at windows logo screen...

Possible reason why it’s getting stuck at blue logo screen is because the installation disc that you are using is damaged or corrupted.

Migrating to Windows 10 64 bit from 32 bit operating system requires installation, that means all files, data and applications will be deleted, we suggest to create a backup before the installation.

For the meantime, we recommend to create another installation media using Media Creation Tool and check if issue still persists.

Follow the steps listed on the article below on how to Migrate from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit .

Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

JericDale Ort, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Migrating to a new System

1. Windows 10 Migrating to a new System - Similar Threads - Migrating System

2. Best way to migrate content and settings to a new system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best way to migrate content and settings to a new system: I've searched for a solution with little luck. We have an older PC on which my daughter has an account, content and preferences. I'm passing on my system and plan to install Windows 10 clean, then want to migrate her account to the computer. I've found some paid solutions,...
  3. Windows 10 update won't successfully installed after system migration to SSD

Windows 10 update won't successfully installed after system migration to SSD: -----I'm not asking for an urgent solution here, Because both my friend and I have met this problem and tried all the ways we can find on all sources----- -------------------------------------Just hope the developers can aware of...
  4. which utility to migrate apps and Win config to new system?

which utility to migrate apps and Win config to new system?: My wife is going to get a laptop to replace her old home built desktop system that runs Win 10 Pro 64. I know (vaguely) that there are commercial programs that will migrate over all Windows settings and all software installs and configs to the new system. I have no experience...
  5. Why Won't Samsung Data Migration Clone The System Reserve Partion?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why Won't Samsung Data Migration Clone The System Reserve Partion?: As a part of my maintenance I always clone my SSD periodically to an identical Samsung SSD. I just did so on my new WIN 10 desktop. While the clone works fine its missing the 450mg System Reserve/Recovery Partition (SRP). This was not an issue in WIN 7and I use the same USB3...
  6. Upgrade Win7 to Win10 Before or After Migration to New System Build

Upgrade Win7 to Win10 Before or After Migration to New System Build: I have a system with an i7-3930k and Win7 retail license. I will be building a new i7-6700k system and will be reusing the SSD, HDD, graphics card and my Windows license. I ultimately want the new system to be Win10. Should I do the OS upgrade first, or build the new...
  7. System migration hardware, OS and software question

System migration hardware, OS and software question: Hi all Rigs blown (see bottom thread to avoid confusion). Ordered some new components to fit in with the existing rig. Boring Part Existing parts that I am using: Fractal Design R4 Case Samsung SSD850Pro 500 MB O/S Programs/Some program data Barracuda 2TB Drive for...
  8. Migration to SSD/HDD system

Migration to SSD/HDD system: Hi, I have a cloned copy of my existing HDD and am considering buying (or personaly upgrading to) a new system with a SSD and HDD. Obviously the current Windows installation is on a HDD, so is it possiblethat I could I restore the cloned Windows system to a SSD and the...
  9. Need some confusion cleared up about migrating to a new system.

in Windows 10 Support
    Need some confusion cleared up about migrating to a new system.: So I've made the mistake of upgrading to 10 on two of my systems when I had the intention of building a new computer this winter and cycling them so I'm stuck in a bit of a predicament. Basically, I own a recording studio and one of the things I do is cycle my computers as...
  10. A few questions - Win10 migrating to new system and HDD cloning

in Windows 10 Support
    A few questions - Win10 migrating to new system and HDD cloning: Hi all...this will be a bit of a novel, so I apologize. I have done clones and migrations with Windows 7 in the past, but never with Win10, so I was looking for some info and pointers. Now, I know licensing works differently with Win10 and am worried for my brother's...