Windows 10: Windows 10 Migrating to a new System

Discus and support Windows 10 Migrating to a new System in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running Win10 latest build from an SSD with a second SSD for games, etc. I have just bought a new bare bones system: new mobo, CPU, ram, etc. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by James s Martin, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Migrating to a new System

I am running Win10 latest build from an SSD with a second SSD for games, etc.

I have just bought a new bare bones system: new mobo, CPU, ram, etc. I am going to put in my current GPU and SSDs.

Will I have to reinstall windows? Or will it boot from my current boot drive?

Will I need to wipe my "games" SSD and reinstall them?

Thanks in advance.

:)

James s Martin, Apr 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Teccmo Win User
    Need to migrate Windows 10 installation to new SSD , it's a mess.

MiniTool Disk Partition Screenshot

Windows 10 Migrating to a new System [​IMG]

RYZEN5-PC (2018-07-15 15 41).zip

I did the Diskpart step that SWI2 explained in post #14 and rebooted, but I still see drive D having the system label.

Windows 10 Migrating to a new System [​IMG]

Teccmo, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Migrating to a new System

AMD Athlon x2 4200+ based system migrating from w10 32bit to 64bit stuck at windows logo screen...

Possible reason why it’s getting stuck at blue logo screen is because the installation disc that you are using is damaged or corrupted.

Migrating to Windows 10 64 bit from 32 bit operating system requires installation, that means all files, data and applications will be deleted, we suggest to create a backup before the installation.

For the meantime, we recommend to create another installation media using Media Creation Tool and check if issue still persists.

Follow the steps listed on the article below on how to Migrate from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit .

Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

JericDale Ort, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Migrating to a new System

1. Windows 10 Migrating to a new System - Similar Threads - Migrating System

2. migrate win 10 operating system to already installed SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    migrate win 10 operating system to already installed SSD: Hi, I have an ASUS laptop with win10 installed as as originally purchased. It has a 28GB hard drive, but this is now full and the machine is really slow, and cannot install windows updates. I've cleaned and compressed the c drive, but this has shown little improvement in...
  3. migrate win 10 operating system to already installed SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    migrate win 10 operating system to already installed SSD: Hi, I have an ASUS laptop with win10 installed as as originally purchased. It has a 28GB hard drive, but this is now full and the machine is really slow, and cannot install windows updates. I've cleaned and compressed the c drive, but this has shown little improvement in...
  4. migrate win 10 operating system to already installed SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Should I migrate profiles or do a system restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I migrate profiles or do a system restore?: There's a system restore point at 6/13/2023. My profile is corrupted and I could just create another profile. I kind of wanted to do the system restore but I'm not sure. The corruption happened after I was scanning Windows Defender and the power went out.Thank you!...
  6. Should I migrate profiles or do a system restore?

Should I migrate profiles or do a system restore?: There's a system restore point at 6/13/2023. My profile is corrupted and I could just create another profile. I kind of wanted to do the system restore but I'm not sure. The corruption happened after I was scanning Windows Defender and the power went out.Thank you!...
  7. Should I migrate profiles or do a system restore?

8. Keeping old Hard Drive for storage after migrating Windows 10 System image to a new SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keeping old Hard Drive for storage after migrating Windows 10 System image to a new SSD?: I have recently migrated my Windows 10 system image from an older HDD to a new SSD. While the old drive is disconnected, I am able to boot up Windows just fine on the new SSD, however, I wish to continue using the old drive as storage so I want to reconnect it and format the...
  9. Keeping old Hard Drive for storage after migrating Windows 10 System image to a new SSD?

Keeping old Hard Drive for storage after migrating Windows 10 System image to a new SSD?: I have recently migrated my Windows 10 system image from an older HDD to a new SSD. While the old drive is disconnected, I am able to boot up Windows just fine on the new SSD, however, I wish to continue using the old drive as storage so I want to reconnect it and format the...
  10. Keeping old Hard Drive for storage after migrating Windows 10 System image to a new SSD?