Windows 10: Windows 10 Minimizing Games to Desktop

Discus and support Windows 10 Minimizing Games to Desktop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am having the same problems as OP and was wondering if you/him(her) found the root of the problem? I also use a Xbox One controller for my games and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Snowie, Nov 15, 2015.

1. 91gtabird Win User

Windows 10 Minimizing Games to Desktop

I am having the same problems as OP and was wondering if you/him(her) found the root of the problem? I also use a Xbox One controller for my games and have no software installed other than Windows 10, Chrome, Ge Force Experience, Steam and my games. I use my desktop solely for gaming and occasional web browsing. I just built my PC about 8 months ago and the problem has only arisen in the past month or so. I've also tried using different monitors/TV's and different resolutions ranging from 720p to 2160p and everything in between. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Sorry for bringing back an old thread but I have tried several other solutions that slightly differentiated from my problem in one way or another.

91gtabird, Jul 20, 2016
  2. Manigue Win User

I am having the same problems as everyone else. Nothing suggested here (when it applied) has fixed the problem. I thought it was just "Fallout 4" on Steam since it is the only game I am currently playing and have installed.

At first I thought it was the "Win" key so I disabled it, but no joy. Lucky for me it does not occur that often so I have not looked for a solution. The only thing left to do will be to revert back three (3) NVIDIA driver versions since I think the issue started with version 368.51 and continued with v368.69 & v368.81 (actual version).

Also, in my case I don't get the "No HDMI" message. The game just minimizes and I am back at the Steam browser. I click on the game's icon on the taskbar and continue playing until next occurance.

Manigue, Jul 20, 2016
  3. kyis Win User
    To rule out windows 10 notifications taking focus, I would enable Quiet Hours in the notification center, it inhibits notification popups and sounds.

4. Windows 10 Minimizing Games to Desktop

I got a new Asus laptop with nvidia 960 graphics card that came with windows 10 only 2 days ago, I had not yet installed steam or updated drivers before I experienced the same windows minimizing randomly in my web browser, with only one window open. It happens about every 5 to 10 minutes for a couple times in a row, then it slows down a lot after that. I'm hoping it doesn't get worse and after reading different pages online, it doesn't seem like there is any one solution yet, but I could be missing something.

limerickey12, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Minimizing Games to Desktop

1. Windows 10 Minimizing Games to Desktop - Similar Threads - Minimizing Games Desktop

2. windows 10 keeps minimizing my games to desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 keeps minimizing my games to desktop: This just happens recently. If I play a game at Fullscreen, it minimize / alt tab to desktop. If I'm on windowed mode, I see flickering color change on the top of the tab color. I tried solutions like disabling Xbox game bar and rolled back graphics driver. submitted by...
  3. Windows 11 - games minimize to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - games minimize to desktop: There are many threads about this, going back more than a decade. I had this problem in Windows 10, and now I have it on a new machine with Windows 11. I have tried every solution that has been suggested, and nothing fixes it. The biggest problem is that it is impossible to...
  4. Windows 11 - games minimize to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - games minimize to desktop: There are many threads about this, going back more than a decade. I had this problem in Windows 10, and now I have it on a new machine with Windows 11. I have tried every solution that has been suggested, and nothing fixes it. The biggest problem is that it is impossible to...
  5. Games keep minimizing to desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games keep minimizing to desktop.: Hey everyone! So Ive started having this issue with my pc where all games just keep minimizing to the desktop randomly on their own. Its really annoying and I dont know whats causing it. Are any of you guys experiencing this at the moment? I havent changed any of my settings...
  6. Stop games from auto-minimizing to desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop games from auto-minimizing to desktop?: This issue has popped up within the last few weeks and I've never had it happen before in the years I've played games. While I am playing a game, anytime I leave the game idle for a minute or two as get up and walk away from my desk it automatically minimizes to the desktop....
  7. Games minimizing to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games minimizing to desktop: This is just a heads up in case you're suddenly finding your games minimizing to the desktop within the last couple of days. Up till yesterday, all my games ran great. Today, much frustration as games would open for 2 seconds then minimize, no matter which game I opened....
  8. Games minimizing to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games minimizing to desktop: It just started today. I haven't done anything, updated, downloaded, nothing along those lines. I've checked my keyboards, used 3 different ones. All have the same result. I do the same thing I've always done not closing background applications or windows on other...
  9. Minimize Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimize Games: i can't minimize games in win10, when the game have same resolution from desktop. anyone know how fix ? 24572
  10. Windows 10 Minimizing to Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Minimizing to Desktop: Hi Guys, Sorry for my first post to be a query. Having a really persistent issue with windows minimizing to desktop whilst gaming, or watching movies etc. Each time I notice a few blank icons quickly load up and disappear on the taskbar - so it is obviously whatever...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when windows 10 minimizing to desktop while im in a game

2. windows 10 minimising to desktop whilst in program