Windows 10: Windows 10 miracast Connect can't find my laptop. But laptop can find my desktop.

Discus and support Windows 10 miracast Connect can't find my laptop. But laptop can find my desktop. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was trying to use my laptop as an extended display for my desktop PC. But when i choose connect i can't find my laptop. But my laptop can find my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jaseemharry, May 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 miracast Connect can't find my laptop. But laptop can find my desktop.

I was trying to use my laptop as an extended display for my desktop PC. But when i choose connect i can't find my laptop. But my laptop can find my desktop and can use my desktop monitor as an extended wireless display. Also i can find my laptop when i am trying to project my android mobile screen to laptop. I just can't extend my Desktop display to laptop.

Please help me.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/jaseemharry
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jaseemharry, May 25, 2020

2. Miracast to a laptop not connecting

Hello,

I have been trying to use my Win 10 laptop as a wireless display for my Win 10 self-built desktop. I have ran dxdiag on both machines and they both have returned

"Miracast: Available with HDCP"

Video and network drivers on both devices and they are up to date.

I can find my laptop as a wireless display on my desktop, but when I attempt to connect to it i get an error message. On my desktop the top bar says "" and my laptop is on the blue miracast screen and says "". What should my next troubleshooting step be.

Thank you.

ErickPowell, May 25, 2020
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Windows 10 and Miracast what's going wrong?

A couple of months after I tried the TH2 update for Windows 10 that broke my ability to use miracast with my Intel Wireless-AC 7260 (Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I), it went wrong yesterday all of a sudden my pc couldn't fint my Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter again, i found my laptop i use at work with Windows 8.1 Pro it find and connect my MWDA without a problem, then I firmware updated my MWDA and it still not helping.

Now I tried updating my Windows with the "MediaCreationTool.exe" so i am now running Windows 10 Pro Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.36) and I still can't find my MWDA, but i can connect and use wireless and bluetooth no problem, so i guess it's just not gonna happen for me to use miracast with my desktop pc *Frown Windows 10 miracast Connect can't find my laptop. But laptop can find my desktop. :(

I haven't had all these problems in Windows 8.1 Pro it's like Microsoft broke miracast with Windows 10 and there is a lot of threads about miracast problems, yet I haven't found a solution that works for me.

So if anyone got smth I can try to get it to work I will be happy, and I have already tested several drivers from Intel same thing, no Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter found.

puma99dk|, May 25, 2020
  4. Anton Fan Win User

Windows 10 miracast Connect can't find my laptop. But laptop can find my desktop.

Miracast over Ethernet PC to Wi-Fi Laptop

I'm facing with the issue by 'Miracast over infrastructure' feature. I nave read a plenty of posts over the Internet enabling integrated graphics and updating every driver related to this feature.

The idea is to share laptop display as secondary display for PC. Here is the infrastructure for connection:

PC (Miracast Source) - Gigabit LAN - Router Asus RT-AC68U - 5GHz WLAN - Laptop Asus UX501VW (Miracast Sink).

The laptop is Miracast ready so there is no need to display the specs at this step.

Turning to my self-built PC it's "This device doesn't support receiving miracast" in "Projecting to this PC" tab.

The specs of my PC are:

• GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 (driver 398.36) and specially enabled Intel HD Graphics 530
      (driver 23.20.16.4973);
    • Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming with onboard LAN;
    • CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K;
    • Windows 10 Pro 1803 (17134.137 build).
    The DXDIAG report shows that PC is Miracast-ready in general, but:

1. Nvidia GTX 1080 stands for [Miracast: Not Supported]
    2. Intel HD Graphics 530 stands for [Miracast: Not Supported by WiFi driver].
    What is basically true as well as there is no WLAN card in my PC box in general. So there is a question about the steps to allow the wired network work with Miracast feature by configuring PC/router, because there is only some technical stuff about 'Miracast
    over infrastructure' like
    this

Speaking about requirements stated there:

• [+] Device is running Windows 1803;
    • [+] Both PC and laptop are connected to same network stated as Private;
    • [?] The device must have a Wi-Fi interface enabled in order to respond to discovery requests -
      What shall I do with my Ethernet connection to respond to discovery requests?
    Both PC and laptop are visible for each other in Network tab in File manager, so there are several folders under network share from PC to laptop using smb protocol.

So basically, is it technically possible to enable the 'Miracast over infrastructure' with this hardware, or there is a strong need to buy the WLAN card inside my PC box to allow the respond to discovery requests and
    the is no way to work for Miracast over wired connections?

Anton Fan, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 miracast Connect can't find my laptop. But laptop can find my desktop.

1. Windows 10 miracast Connect can't find my laptop. But laptop can find my desktop. - Similar Threads - miracast Connect can't

2. can't find or connect my dvd/cd drive to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't find or connect my dvd/cd drive to laptop: I can't find my dvd/cd drive on my Dell laptop, so I can't connect. Any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-or-connect-my-dvdcd-drive-to-laptop/3d8d6ac0-b28f-4cbf-b1a5-b24f3e4cf7c6
  3. can't find or connect my dvd/cd drive to laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't find or connect my dvd/cd drive to laptop: I can't find my dvd/cd drive on my Dell laptop, so I can't connect. Any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-or-connect-my-dvdcd-drive-to-laptop/3d8d6ac0-b28f-4cbf-b1a5-b24f3e4cf7c6
  4. can't find or connect my dvd/cd drive to laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My laptop can't find and boot my second Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop can't find and boot my second Windows 10: Hello, I have a little problem with my second Windows, my laptop can't find him and so I can't use it, the problem is this second Windows 10 is the Windows that I use normally.This is a screenshot of my disks, so the Windows who I use actually is the Disk 2, and my second...
  6. My laptop can't find and boot my second Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop can't find and boot my second Windows 10: Hello, I have a little problem with my second Windows, my laptop can't find him and so I can't use it, the problem is this second Windows 10 is the Windows that I use normally.This is a screenshot of my disks, so the Windows who I use actually is the Disk 2, and my second...
  7. My laptop can't find and boot my second Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Find my device can't locate my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Find my device can't locate my laptop: I'm just testing the "Find my device" on MS webpage. My device is turned on, connected to the internet and location services have been enabled, but I'm still getting an error "We can’t locate your device at the moment. Please try again later." How can i get find my device to...
  9. My laptop can't find desktop and black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop can't find desktop and black screen: Hello i need help im log on as administrator and it can't find desktop and error 0x800401E5 keeps appearing when trying to make a new folder i have been having this problem for 2 days now....
  10. my laptop wont find wirelesss connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my laptop wont find wirelesss connections: my laptop won't find or connect to any wireless devices, including my wifi, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-find-wirelesss-connections/6245580b-bf3b-4dbe-9ad3-872d08052eff