Windows 10: Windows 10 Mirror Boot Partition

Discus and support Windows 10 Mirror Boot Partition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Does Windows 10 allow to mirror the boot partition? I am on a Windows 8.1 system, with a 1 TB hard disk (GPT), which contains all my data and system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sreyan32, Jul 7, 2019.

1. sreyan32 Win User

Windows 10 Mirror Boot Partition

Does Windows 10 allow to mirror the boot partition? I am on a Windows 8.1 system, with a 1 TB hard disk (GPT), which contains all my data and system partitions.

Now I want to add a separate 1 TB hard disk, on which I would like to mirror the system/ boot hard disk on.

Is this possible on Windows 10 ? Because it seems it is not on Windows 8.1.

Thus thinking about upgrading.

I have no hard ware level support for RAID.

:)

sreyan32, Jul 7, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Dandel Win User
    How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, Jul 7, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Mirror Boot Partition

Boot windows installation within a partition?

Damnit, I knew thats what you wanted with your first post! I deleted my post because JMCSLOB confused me lol.

Hm, if you Follow this guide (Replace words "flash driive" with 160GB hard drive) How to Create a Bootable Windows 7 or Vista USB Drive for both partitions and then to do a dummy install of windows 8 on the last part of the HDD it should give you the option to boot Windows 7/8 Installer or boot into windows 8.
    Edit: On step 4 you will want to make sure you size the partition correctly... or you can use the windows gui tool in control panel.

Once you get that far you can just delete windows 8 from the boot menu using MSCONFIG and delete the partition.

slyfox2151, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Mirror Boot Partition

1. Windows 10 Mirror Boot Partition - Similar Threads - Mirror Boot Partition

2. Mirrored Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mirrored Partition: Hello, I would like to know how the mirrored partition sync with origin partition, does every sync erase all the data and write the hole origin partition again to the mirrored partition, or it only write the part that had been modified?...
  3. Mirrored Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mirrored Partition: Hello, I would like to know how the mirrored partition sync with origin partition, does every sync erase all the data and write the hole origin partition again to the mirrored partition, or it only write the part that had been modified?...
  4. Windows 10 boot partition corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 boot partition corrupted: I recently purchased a 240GB SSD to add to my laptop storage. I have a 1TB HDD and 240GB SSD now.I placed the HDD in the main hard slot and replaced the SSD with my DVDROM using a caddy. so I tried to install a fresh windows on the SSD as its much faster than HDD. and it...
  5. Windows 10 boot partition corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 boot partition corrupted: I recently purchased a 240GB SSD to add to my laptop storage. I have a 1TB HDD and 240GB SSD now.I placed the HDD in the main hard slot and replaced the SSD with my DVDROM using a caddy. so I tried to install a fresh windows on the SSD as its much faster than HDD. and it...
  6. Windows 10 boot partition corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Merge Boot partition Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merge Boot partition Windows 10: Hi, It is posible to get rid of boot partition? I mean, integrate it into the main partition of windows? 148853
  8. Merge Boot partition Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Merge Boot partition Windows 10: Hi, It is posible to get rid of boot partition? I mean, integrate it into the main partition of windows? 148853
  9. Windows 10 Mirror Boot Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Mirror Boot Partition: Does Windows 10 allow to mirror the boot partition? I am on a Windows 8.1 system, with a 1 TB hard disk (GPT), which contains all my data and system partitions. Now I want to add a separate 1 TB hard disk, on which I would like to mirror the system/ boot hard disk on. Is...
  10. How to mirror Boot Hard Drive for UEFI on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to mirror Boot Hard Drive for UEFI on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]This guide walks you through steps which will help you mirror Boot Hard drive on Windows (Legacy or UEFI). It is useful when the primary hard drive fails and will help you boot from the secondary drive. Just before we [...] This post How to mirror Boot Hard...