Windows 10: Windows 10 missing events in the Event Log

Discus and support Windows 10 missing events in the Event Log in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows 10 Event Viewer is a way to see all the logged events. However, […] This article Windows 10 missing events in the Event Log first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 4, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows 10 missing events in the Event Log

WinClub, Dec 4, 2020
  2. Redbatman Win User

Missing Events in Event log?

Hi so I notice that sometimes when I do a system diagnostics report I get the message of missing events in event log. I do at times clear my events from event log after a long time but is this something to be concerned about? I did clear application and system event logs today.

Redbatman, Dec 4, 2020
  3. XVI
    xvi Win User
    NTFS Compression on Event Logs

Anyone ever try doing NTFS compression on their Error Logs?
    It's all text, so it should compress pretty well.

Windows 10 missing events in the Event Log NTFSCompressEventLog.png

Windows 10 missing events in the Event Log NTFSCompressProperties.png

Anyone else try this? I suppose it's only useful in server-land when you have huge event logs..

To compress:
    Run services.msc
    Find Event Log and set to "Disabled"
    Reboot
    Go to c:\windows\system32\config
    NTFS Compress anything that ends in .evt
    Run services.msc
    Find Event Log and set to "Automatic"
    Reboot

4. nancy3243 Win User

Event Error Log

Windows 10 Event Error Log - Summary Section

One of the Logs listed needs to be deleted since this application has been removed from my laptop. Is there anyway to remove it from the Log -Summary Section?

nancy3243, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 missing events in the Event Log - Similar Threads - missing events Event

2. event log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event log: Checking the event log a constant error is is this I have included this screen shot can anyone help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-log/392cf2c4-623e-4c7e-b677-c1718e676b8d
  3. Event log

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event log: HiIf you close the laptop not shutdown is it possible for someone to login remotely? There shouldn't be any log details if the laptop is closed as no activity happened. Could you please explain this better?...
  4. event logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah4RDmoZkWcwgiUIWZvXksrjZWex?e=takR8H follow this link and investagate the event logs please include some form of contact info and a brief discussion as to what you suspect is wrong and how it can be fixed thanks....
  5. Event Viewer logs are missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Event Viewer logs are missing in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Event Viewer is a Windows service that allows software and Windows to log actions […] This article Event Viewer logs are missing in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Event logs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event logs: Hello, My PC, Win 10, 64, crashes to a grey or black screen every few days or so. Tried re-installing win 10 from a stick. The error is: The WCSV3 service depends on the WAS which failed to start because the system cannot find the drive specified. Then in services, I...
  7. Event Logs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event Logs: Is there an event log that shows adding and removing dates of devices - computers, printers, etc from computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-logs/27a9283c-9d25-47d8-8e1b-0c04e7f4357e
  8. Event 6008, Event Log.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event 6008, Event Log.: Hi , I found my PC in the restart condition and when I checked the logs I found Event 6008. Message displayed " The previous system shutdown at 17:45:34 on 10/09/2019 was unexpected". Log Name: System Logged 10/09/2019 18:21:15. etc.. Please check attached image....
  9. windows 10 event log

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 event log: Hi, I'm having problems getting windows 10 to auto archive my event logs, the registry shows HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\Security DisplayNameFile REG_EXPAND_SZ %SystemRoot%\system32\wevtapi.dll DisplayNameID REG_DWORD...
  10. Missing Events in Event log?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing Events in Event log?: Hi so I notice that sometimes when I do a system diagnostics report I get the message of missing events in event log. I do at times clear my events from event log after a long time but is this something to be concerned about? I did clear application and system event logs...